Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Just booked 12/31-1/3. Had a crappy year with NY shutting down our business most of the year. Even still we only at 50% and that will be for a long time I fear.

Free airfare with JB points and an actual good discount for a holiday weekend thanks to Disney Chase Visa😅 is making this happen.

Oh ya we had 44 inches of snow last week. We still digging out 😂

It’s just me and dh this trip! Going to try the walkway and have drinks in Enchanted Rose to bring in 2021! Hope it is a great year!
Happy New Year! So glad you can get away!

Just booked 12/31-1/3. Had a crappy year with NY shutting down our business most of the year. Even still we only at 50% and that will be for a long time I fear.

Free airfare with JB points and an actual good discount for a holiday weekend thanks to Disney Chase Visa😅 is making this happen.

Oh ya we had 44 inches of snow last week. We still digging out 😂

It’s just me and dh this trip! Going to try the walkway and have drinks in Enchanted Rose to bring in 2021! Hope it is a great year!
WooHoo
Congrats on the last minute getaway

I've been pushing my current trip back from April to June to now August and am interested in renting a cabana by the pool for a day. Are they booked pretty early on or do I have some time to watch how covid plays out before I commit to a reservation?

I've been pushing my current trip back from April to June to now August and am interested in renting a cabana by the pool for a day. Are they booked pretty early on or do I have some time to watch how covid plays out before I commit to a reservation?
Book it . Easy to cancel ! Or if broke after the holidays wait a month or two but still book early .
The thing always comes down to that when we decide we want something it’s gone! I book lots of stuff and then cancel as I narrow down what I want . Weather would be a big influencer !!!

Book it . Easy to cancel ! Or if broke after the holidays wait a month or two but still book early .
The thing always comes down to that when we decide we want something it’s gone! I book lots of stuff and then cancel as I narrow down what I want . Weather would be a big influencer !!!

Thanks for the advice! I'm now planning on booking it next week when I'm able to switch over my current DVC reservation. Like you said, I can always cancel if we aren't able to make it down for August but would be totally bummed if they are all booked and we can.

Took a few tries lol . Booked a king LV and only one was over smoking section in Conch!

Then I got dormers . I explained I had a dormer in oct which worked with dd , we at the parks so a kind mgr gave us the room at the end of Conch . MK view it still queens .

Can see EWP from here !

The wine glass I brought from home lol!A72F4B49-9707-4E13-A2C9-B61AD678F8ED.jpeg6EE8C2E9-2F9E-45D6-9016-8947726122F4.jpeg1BAC1D2E-9CC4-454E-8757-009D870EB173.jpegDBA3DE43-4390-4804-91CF-79EC0B11CE69.jpegBA98C441-E2C4-4B97-97D9-8B7361D5F014.jpeg7D155BF0-65AC-4CC8-A452-617A8102F94C.jpeg5F9607D0-2F4E-4A4B-902C-967C69909D7E.jpeg2EF31BE4-80F9-4EDD-8A96-336F24698912.jpeg56853BF4-E441-426E-8979-2727EC32B8AF.jpegC32E22DF-EDD7-48F4-8F4C-B4B24D16C75C.jpeg

Dd is crashing again lol! She is flying in today and leaving Sunday same as me ! Dh staying to golf a few days meeting up with buddies from home .
I’ll try to get more pix ! Been distracted with NYE lol!
I kept checking and scored a 6:30pm at CG for last night !

We tried ER but wait was long and oddly no music in lobby at 9pm! After 20 mins I went back to room and heard several EWPs. We did watch it from boat leaving MK at 9. I do love that!
Even after months the CMS still saying thank you for coming we are grateful to be working.
So far it’s been wonderful ! We love the walkway . We also visited Walter n gang at Tambu. The poly beach was empty!

Happy New Year !

Last edited:
So it seems to me from lit windows the last few nights they are putting people in the main building (not sure if just a holiday week thing??). Only building I haven’t seen any sign of life is SL.

Anyone on the DIS actually been put in the main building?

Thanks for the advice! I'm now planning on booking it next week when I'm able to switch over my current DVC reservation. Like you said, I can always cancel if we aren't able to make it down for August but would be totally bummed if they are all booked and we can.
Just FYI, Cabanas can only be booked 60 days in advance at this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter