Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Ok, don't hate... I'm in the camp that thinks GF needs to be up for resort room refurbs sooner rather than later. I'm good with the the overall fit/finish of the rooms, it's the bathrooms that are feeling pretty dated in style/design to me, particularly in light of the room renovations that have occurred at the other Disney resorts in recent years. The bathrooms (particularly the toilet and tub/shower area) in my last two GF rooms were a bit on the rough side, if I'm being honest. What I mean by this, to be specific, is peeling paint in spots and areas which have obviously been repainted several times over the years, dim lighting, grime building up in the corners, and a general lack of a luxurious feeling. Unfortunately modern hotel designs (both Disney and beyond) have generally been really good at creating really nice bathroom spaces in recent years... which for me has brought GF more to the forefront of my mind than it was, say, a few years ago.

Ok, I'll see myself out of the thread now. :-)

Ok, don't hate... I'm in the camp that thinks GF needs to be up for resort room refurbs sooner rather than later. I'm good with the the overall fit/finish of the rooms, it's the bathrooms that are feeling pretty dated in style/design to me, particularly in light of the room renovations that have occurred at the other Disney resorts in recent years. The bathrooms (particularly the toilet and tub/shower area) in my last two GF rooms were a bit on the rough side, if I'm being honest. What I mean by this, to be specific, is peeling paint in spots and areas which have obviously been repainted several times over the years, dim lighting, grime building up in the corners, and a general lack of a luxurious feeling. Unfortunately modern hotel designs (both Disney and beyond) have generally been really good at creating really nice bathroom spaces in recent years... which for me has brought GF more to the forefront of my mind than it was, say, a few years ago.

Completely agree that the rooms are in need of a refurb! And I loooove the Grand!

Hi GF Friends! I agree, the rooms do like they need a refurb. I miss the old style soft surroundings that made the room feel Disney! The bedspreads had an Alice in Wonderland theme. There was just more Disney looking items in the room. Now, to me, the rooms look like every other room out there. It's kind of stark looking. No character to them. Just my opinion.

Have a magical day!

Are the villas (DVC studio) in better shape than the resort? That is where I am in March.

Contemporary please stand up to receive your Incredibles themed refurb. Everyone else can just sit down until they have an equally awesome IP themed refurb plan 😉

I know they don't have the Gingerbread house this year, but do they have any sort of sweets sales set up? Wondering if it will be possible to buy a gingerbread shingle...

Please don’t leave the thread! You have hit on a bugbear of mine. I love the GF. But I don’t love their bathrooms. A renovation is not the worst idea in the world!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Hi Everyone,
It’s been a dream for a long time, but it’s finally happening.....we are staying at the Grand Floridian for Christmas! 🎄🎉

We have visited many times as we love the Grand Floridian Cafe, but I am not too familiar with the different buildings. We have an Outer Building Garden View. Any suggestions on a building request I should put in?

Also, we have Narcoosees booked for Christmas Dinner. The menu isn’t the most appealing to me, and we usually eat at GF cafe for Christmas, but it wasn’t available. Any opinions on Narcoosees?

We are so excited! Even though we know this trip will be different! We went for 3.5 weeks when WDW reopened and did fine with all the changes, so that is not a concern.
Thanks!

We have an Outer Building Garden View. Any suggestions on a building request I should put in?

Had the same view category for a trip a few weeks ago. My only request was “close to the main building.” Our room was in Big Pine Key towards the side closest to the main building. This location was perfect for us - right in between both pools, could use the end cap stairwell if we wanted, steps to the main building. I’ve only stayed CL for past GF trips so don’t have any other experience with the other outer buildings, but Big Pine Key fit ours needs just fine.

Enjoy your Christmas trip to the GF!

Had the same view category for a trip a few weeks ago. My only request was “close to the main building.” Our room was in Big Pine Key towards the side closest to the main building. This location was perfect for us - right in between both pools, could use the end cap stairwell if we wanted, steps to the main building. I’ve only stayed CL for past GF trips so don’t have any other experience with the other outer buildings, but Big Pine Key fit ours needs just fine.

Enjoy your Christmas trip to the GF!
Thank you!

Hi Everyone,
It’s been a dream for a long time, but it’s finally happening.....we are staying at the Grand Floridian for Christmas! 🎄🎉

We have visited many times as we love the Grand Floridian Cafe, but I am not too familiar with the different buildings. We have an Outer Building Garden View. Any suggestions on a building request I should put in?

Also, we have Narcoosees booked for Christmas Dinner. The menu isn’t the most appealing to me, and we usually eat at GF cafe for Christmas, but it wasn’t available. Any opinions on Narcoosees?

We are so excited! Even though we know this trip will be different! We went for 3.5 weeks when WDW reopened and did fine with all the changes, so that is not a concern.
Thanks!

So exciting!! Please take pictures for us!! Just wanted to assure you that Narcoossee’s is excellent! It’s a must do for us! I usually get the filet for dinner with a glass (or two) of Moscato. I’ve been made fun of for this, but I LOVE their bread and butter!! It’s something about the sea salt on the butter!! It’s SO good!! (And I hate butter on bread! I never use it anywhere but Narcoossee’s!) I can eat my weight in bread there!! 😂 If you have kids, they offer a make your own s’mores dessert, which mine love!! Service is always top notch there, as well. I hope you enjoy it! Have a great trip!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter