Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

We are saying at Fort Wilderness for the first time September 16!! I'm really excited to stay here. My boyfriend isn't the biggest Disney fan (GASP! :sad2:) but he loves the outdoors. I thought this would be perfect. He camped there when he was young, so probably close to 30 years ago! I think my daughter will love this resort too! We stayed at Wilderness Lodge previously and really enjoyed taking the boats to MK. I'll definitely be following this thread! Thanks ahead of time for all of the information!

My only question right now is on the refillable mugs, are there really only two places to refill them? Hoping I can get my hands on the Halloween mugs pirate:
Yes, there are only two places, but we found P&J's very convenient with a golf cart. If you have a cart, it is a quick trip from the cabins.

Yes, the cabins offer Ap rates. I believe around 20-25%. The lowest we paid last year per night (July) was $252.50.

6 seater golf carts will fit 5 comfortably, but are first come, first serve. The 4 seaters, which can be reserved in advance, fit 4 + child small enough to sit on someone’s lap.
Thank you! So, the 6 seaters cannot be reserved but are the same price as the 4 seaters?

So, if I need a 6 seater I can’t reserve one? Are they usually available or should I reserve 2 4 seaters?

Right, they can’t be reserved. Carts used to be readily available day-of, but as FW gained in popularity, carts became harder to come by.

Personally, I would reserve a 4 seater now just to be sure I have a cart. Then arrive early and ask to swap if they have a 6 seater.

Right, they can’t be reserved. Carts used to be readily available day-of, but as FW gained in popularity, carts became harder to come by.

Personally, I would reserve a 4 seater now just to be sure I have a cart. Then arrive early and ask to swap if they have a 6 seater.

So I have a 4 seater reserved and really need a 6 seater. They told me pick up for the carts begins at 1pm. We you say arrive early, what time would you suggest? 11:30pm/12pm?

We are saying at Fort Wilderness for the first time September 16!! I'm really excited to stay here. My boyfriend isn't the biggest Disney fan (GASP! :sad2:) but he loves the outdoors. I thought this would be perfect. He camped there when he was young, so probably close to 30 years ago! I think my daughter will love this resort too! We stayed at Wilderness Lodge previously and really enjoyed taking the boats to MK. I'll definitely be following this thread! Thanks ahead of time for all of the information!

My only question right now is on the refillable mugs, are there really only two places to refill them? Hoping I can get my hands on the Halloween mugs pirate:
Yes there are only 2 places at the fort but you can use them if you go to other resorts to eat. We would take the boat to eat at wilderness lodge or the contemporary a couple times.

So I have a 4 seater reserved and really need a 6 seater. They told me pick up for the carts begins at 1pm. We you say arrive early, what time would you suggest? 11:30pm/12pm?

Yes, policy pick up time is 1 pm, but sometimes they will allow you to pick up earlier. Of course, depending upon availability.

Since the 6 seaters are first come first serve, I’d be there as early as possible usually around 7 am. That way you are ahead of the 11 am drop offs.

Fyi, with advance 4 seat rentals, there is a 24 hr cancellation, and your card is charged the full reservation price the day prior. However, if a 6 seater is available upon pickup, there is no issue swapping and paying the difference.

Hi there!
I did EMM at HS when we stayed at Caribbean Beach last October. We were told that the buses would start early for that park, I think around 6:30am, however or bus didn't arrive until closer to 7. That really cut down on our time in the park. I had read the Early Morning Magic thread on here beforehand and a lot of people said they were going to take an Uber. I really wish we would have. You may want to think about that as an option too. :) :) Maybe check the HS EMM thread on here to see if anyone has taken a bus from Fort Wilderness to HS for EMM successfully.

Have fun! We loved HS EMM! :flower1:

Thank you! I've been stuck on this one, not sure what to do. I keep reading reports of buses at 6:10, most commonly 6:30 (not specifically at the Fort) but then I hear stuff like this. For peace of mind I might just throw in the towel and order a car. We also have EMM at MK (we are going during spring break) but I'm more comfortable that we can get to that one with no issue.

Hope you have a fabulous time on your trip!

Here now. We have 9 am breakfast reservation at Epcot. Just arrived this afternoon and haven't gotten our bearings yet -haven't figured out internal buses or where to get onto park buses. We do have our vehicle here. Thinking we will drive and park at Epcot. Is there any drawback to this as opposed to taking buses to our ADR? Our park ticket is Epcot for the day. We'll probably come back to cabin on afternoon for a midday break.

Actually,
Its $69 now. I just reserved one last week for my August trip. The website is not updated.

I just checked our quotes for 2 upcoming trips and, yes, it appears there was a recent increase. However, ours is $67.00 per day tax included.

Wheelchair question
Is there anywhere at Fort Wilderness to rent a WC for the day, to use around the resort. Only need it for a few hours. Thx

Wheelchair question
Is there anywhere at Fort Wilderness to rent a WC for the day, to use around the resort. Only need it for a few hours. Thx
No. If it helps here is a list of WDW approved rental places.

Disney Featured Providers
In addition to the locations listed here, several Orlando-area companies also offer wheelchairs, ECVs, strollers and other mobility products for rent. Pre-orders and deliveries to Disney Resort hotels are available through these providers, which include:

We will be a party of 5 in August. Can you squeeze 5 on a golf cart? One is a 12 yo girl? Thinking of getting a golf cart for part of the day.

We will be a party of 5 in August. Can you squeeze 5 on a golf cart? One is a 12 yo girl? Thinking of getting a golf cart for part of the day.

I have seen two adults and a small child on the cart's back seat, but altogether depends on the size of the two adults, and the child. Lots of 12 yr olds are adult size.

If I stay in a cabin I get a free parking spot for my vehicle. If I want to drive to the parks do I have to pay to park there?

No, the parking at the Cabins is no longer free (vehicles are still parked free at the camping spots). But yes, you do still get free parking at the parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter