Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Trying to plan a two night stay at Easter with another family (11 people total), staying in 2 cabins. Does anyone have experience in getting a request to getting two cabins in the same loop or at least nearby?

Trying to plan a two night stay at Easter with another family (11 people total), staying in 2 cabins. Does anyone have experience in getting a request to getting two cabins in the same loop or at least nearby?

Your best bet is to call the Main Reservations line and ask the CM to link the 2 reservations as "traveling with". Then make the only request on both reservations as "close to xxxxx",with xxxx being the other reservation number. Just remember, it's only a request.

We've asked for two cabins together four or five times now - once we got two across the street from each other, every other time was next door to each other. And we've gone at busy times, too, like Spring Break.

We will be arriving via DME with carry-on bags. Will there be a van/cart/etc. available to help get us from check-in to our cabin? We are planning on renting a golf cart, but that will not accommodate us and our luggage.

Ask at the front desk and they will get you a van ride to your cabin.
Thanks for this info. I didn't realize they drove you to your cabin. I'm coming in around 1AM - this will be a big help.

Yes, it's a crazy stupid time. JetBlue's new LAX>MCO schedule gets in at midnight.

Does anyone have current rates for renting fishing poles and supplies? If they still do that, I'm sure it is a lot cheaper than renting the private boat for $280 that we are looking at.

Just finishing up my first visit here at Fort wilderness. How am I supposed to ever try go to another Disney hotel again after this?

I don't know but tell me if you find out! We booked our first family trip there in the cabins and every trip since, I swear we'll try another resort but I keep coming back to the cabins and the Fort. It's really the perfect option for our family right now.

Does anyone have current rates for renting fishing poles and supplies? If they still do that, I'm sure it is a lot cheaper than renting the private boat for $280 that we are looking at.

Poles are 10.00 per 30 minutes or 16.00 for the day, and worms are 5-6.00. The fish at the Fort really like prefer hotdogs though. :thumbsup2

Poles are 10.00 per 30 minutes or 16.00 for the day, and worms are 5-6.00. The fish at the Fort really like prefer hotdogs though. :thumbsup2
Thank you! For some reason I had thought they stopped allowing fishing from the waterfront, so I was going to rent the private fishing excursion for my husband and kids. This is going to save me so much money!!

You can’t fish at the lake, but at the pond at the bike barn and in the canals you can.

Yes, it's a crazy stupid time. JetBlue's new LAX>MCO schedule gets in at midnight.
Couple of years ago we flew in around 1 am and had to wait til four am or something before there was a magical express. When we showed up at the fort they put our bags in storage and we tooled around the fort for awhile in the golf cart, then had breakfast at trails end and went over to magic kingdom until our cabin was ready.long day but we had a great time.

Couple of years ago we flew in around 1 am and had to wait til four am or something before there was a magical express. When we showed up at the fort they put our bags in storage and we tooled around the fort for awhile in the golf cart, then had breakfast at trails end and went over to magic kingdom until our cabin was ready.long day but we had a great time.
Yikes! I hope that's an anomaly and not standard. Three hours waiting for the bus? I never even considered that possibility. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm joining friends who are arriving earlier in the day so we'll already have a room.

Yikes! I hope that's an anomaly and not standard. Three hours waiting for the bus? I never even considered that possibility. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm joining friends who are arriving earlier in the day so we'll already have a room.

Yeah, that is crazy! I've landed at MCO around 3:30 AM three times now and never waited more than 10 minutes. One time we left as soon as I sat down and I was the only person on the bus. I felt like a rock star.

One time we left as soon as I sat down and I was the only person on the bus. I felt like a rock star.
Never been all alone on the bus but most of the time just me and one or two other couples.

My last trip (Jan 30/Feb6) I arrived about 7:45AM. Maybe 10 people in the MDE area - checking in, waiting in line... Got on the bus and waited about 10 minutes. One couple got on and we left.
My Sept trip (2018) I arrived about 6:30AM. No one to be seen in the MDE area and five people on the bus. I sat down with my coffee and donuts, pulled out my GoPro and started to say that this can be the frustrating part; sitting on the bus waiting for it to roll out. As I was filming myself the bus backed out! My phone buzzed about 40 seconds later and my room was ready.

I feel pretty fortunate. At least now I'm braced for a long wait around 1AM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter