Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

I will be staying at Coronado in June. I have a tower king standard view booked. What request should I add to the room? Also, should I call or will they be available when I do online check in.

thanks in advance

Thrilled to be able to say that we just booked the Tower Deluxe Suite with Club Access at the end of November for my RETIREMENT celebration trip. This, followed by a cruise on the WISH! I would have retired years ago if I thought I'd be able to do this! HA! Such a great blessing! :love::tink::love:

Does anyone know what time the pools at CSR typically open during the summer? We will be there for a quick weekend in June and plan to start both of our days lounging by the pool (if weather allows) before hitting the parks.

Does anyone know what time the pools at CSR typically open during the summer? We will be there for a quick weekend in June and plan to start both of our days lounging by the pool (if weather allows) before hitting the parks.
Usually 10am-10pm or 10am-11pm

Are the 4 buildings very far from each other?
I believe you mean "sections". There are four sections of Coronado....Casitas, Ranchos, Cabanas and Gran Destino Tower. Each section is made up of several buildings, except for the Tower. Over the past several years (who can judge time since the pandemic?) they have put bridges (3, in fact) that cross over the Lake. This makes getting from one section to another MUCH easier than it was in the past. As you can see from my signature I have a long history with CSR. I've always loved this resort, but gotta say...those bridges are GOLD to me!!

I believe you mean "sections". There are four sections of Coronado....Casitas, Ranchos, Cabanas and Gran Destino Tower. Each section is made up of several buildings, except for the Tower. Over the past several years (who can judge time since the pandemic?) they have put bridges (3, in fact) that cross over the Lake. This makes getting from one section to another MUCH easier than it was in the past. As you can see from my signature I have a long history with CSR. I've always loved this resort, but gotta say...those bridges are GOLD to me!!
Sorry, couldn't think of what it was called so I called it building.

Do you know how long of walk is from Grand Destino Tower to Casitas bus stop? How many minutes?

By looking at the map, it looks like long walk?

Thank you

Sorry, couldn't think of what it was called so I called it building.

Do you know how long of walk is from Grand Destino Tower to Casitas bus stop? How many minutes?

By looking at the map, it looks like long walk?

Thank you
No more than 10 minutes. And it's a beautiful walk! The landscaping is really beautiful. Easy straight line from the Tower to Casitas' bus stop....down the path, through a hallway at Casitas#4 and poof! Bus stop! We do it all the time. :tiptoe:

I just came back (Thurs 5/12 - Sunday 5/15) from my first solo trip and my first trip in about 15 years. The hotel was great!

I booked a standard room and was assigned to Rachos 8B, first floor, with a Ranchos pool view. It looked far on the map but I don't have any mobility issues so the walk was less than 10 minutes from El Centro and 2 minutes from the bus stop. It's a large resort but it didn't feel like the walks were outrageous at all.

I arrived around 2pm and my room wasn't ready until about 3:15pm. I just changed in the lobby restroom and then sat by the pool and swam and drank a beer until it was ready. For dinner Thursday I was able to easily walk into Three Bridges (app said 25 minutes, they texted me after 5 minutes) and then later had a drink at Dahlia Lounge. I wanted to sit outside on the terrace and didn't realize it was 8:58pm - surprise fireworks!

I was at the parks all day Friday & Saturday and bus service was simple and reliable. Friday morning I rope dropped Magic Kingdom and the bus was crowded around 8am but I only waited about 5 minutes for it to arrive and everyone was able to board. Coming home each evening the buses were already waiting and got us home quickly.

I had been concerned about feeling safe walking around such a big property alone at night and even contemplated upgrading to a Tower room or a Preferred room to be closer (for a lot more $$) but it wasn't necessary at all. The paths were well lit and there were always other people out and about.

I made coffee in my room each morning and barely even visited El Centro/Tower except when I wanted to have a drink at Dahlia. In that regard the distance to/from my room wasn't an issue at all and not worth any upgrade.

Thank you for the info.

My son thought it'll be easier if we can try to stay at Gran Destino Tower so I can get my coffee and drink after we come back from parks. Since you mentioned coffee, are the coffee in the room free?

Our main concern was since it's big property, we weren't sure if I can handle the walk. After talking about it, my son is leaning toward getting me a wheelchair (I have bad feet problem so can't walk too long) and he can just wheel me to Casitas stop. He is worried it'll be too hard to get on the bus in the morning.

I booked a standard room and was assigned to Rachos 8B, first floor, with a Ranchos pool view. It looked far on the map but I don't have any mobility issues so the walk was less than 10 minutes from El Centro and 2 minutes from the bus stop. It's a large resort but it didn't feel like the walks were outrageous at all.

I was at the parks all day Friday & Saturday and bus service was simple and reliable. Friday morning I rope dropped Magic Kingdom and the bus was crowded around 8am but I only waited about 5 minutes for it to arrive and everyone was able to board. Coming home each evening the buses were already waiting and got us home quickly.

I made coffee in my room each morning and barely even visited El Centro/Tower except when I wanted to have a drink at Dahlia. In that regard the distance to/from my room wasn't an issue at all and not worth any upgrade.

My son thought it'll be easier if we can try to stay at Gran Destino Tower so I can get my coffee and drink after we come back from parks. Since you mentioned coffee, are the coffee in the room free?

Our main concern was since it's big property, we weren't sure if I can handle the walk. After talking about it, my son is leaning toward getting me a wheelchair (I have bad feet problem so can't walk too long) and he can just wheel me to Casitas stop. He is worried it'll be too hard to get on the bus in the morning.

Yep, the rooms had individual coffee pods for a Keurig-style machine (don't remember the actual brand) with sugar and half & half and all was free.

On GoogleMaps the Ranchos Pool (where I stayed) is .4 miles and an 8 minute walk to Gran Destino. I'd say use your judgement in terms of your ability to walk about a half mile and what the temperature outside may be. I had no issues but I'm an athletic 38 year old who walks a lot daily for work. If a wheelchair will make your visit more enjoyable then definitely go that route.

Last edited:
Mom always uses a wheelchair or scooter and with park days I use a scooter. We are coming to stay at CSR on our DisCon trip. Because we are only going to after hours I take her w/c. I push it. If we have park days I use a scooter and she does too. If we rent a scooter I use the airlines we then get the scooter once we check in.
Yep, the rooms had individual coffee pods for a Keurig-style machine (don't remember the actual brand) with sugar and half & half and all was free.

On GoogleMaps the Ranchos Pool (where I stayed) is .4 miles and an 8 minute walk to Gran Destino. I'd say use your judgement in terms of your ability to walk about a half mile and what the temperature outside may be. I had no issues but I'm an athletic 38 year old who walks a lot daily for work. If a wheelchair will make your visit more enjoyable then definitely go that route.

Currently staying at Coronado. Really love the resort, would stay at it again. It is beautiful, a lot of dining options.

And I actually like having multiple busstops. It gives us options to go for a short or a long walk. Sometimes we walk to our closest stop (3, Ranchos 6B), and sometimes we walk to 1 or 2, or get out at 1 or 2. Coronado Springs is beautiful to stroll through after dark, so we do not mind some extra steps. Plus we are AP holders at Disneyland Paris, walking back to the hotel is part of our normal routine.
Busjes come regularly, never had to wait long, and not crowded.

Housekeeping is just trash and towels every other day. It is fine. I made my own bed to make sure to get to a tidy room at the end of day.
I have more 'issues' with that before we arrived no one spotted the squashed musquito on the wall of the bathroom, and not have spotted it yet. And one night we had a big trash bag outside our door, and still there the next morning.

Minor nitpick, the drawers do not have a self closing function. Not sure how to describe this in English. It is when you push the drawer to close it, and you didn't push hard enough, it will the do last half inch itself.
And in the bathroom (toilet/bath part) there is a sensor to activate the AC. And it is incredibly sensitive. One step in to the sink part of the bathroom and it turns on. We haven't figured out yet how to switch it off permanently.

Currently staying at Coronado. Really love the resort, would stay at it again. It is beautiful, a lot of dining options.

And I actually like having multiple busstops. It gives us options to go for a short or a long walk. Sometimes we walk to our closest stop (3, Ranchos 6B), and sometimes we walk to 1 or 2, or get out at 1 or 2. Coronado Springs is beautiful to stroll through after dark, so we do not mind some extra steps. Plus we are AP holders at Disneyland Paris, walking back to the hotel is part of our normal routine.
Busjes come regularly, never had to wait long, and not crowded.

Housekeeping is just trash and towels every other day. It is fine. I made my own bed to make sure to get to a tidy room at the end of day.
I have more 'issues' with that before we arrived no one spotted the squashed musquito on the wall of the bathroom, and not have spotted it yet. And one night we had a big trash bag outside our door, and still there the next morning.

Minor nitpick, the drawers do not have a self closing function. Not sure how to describe this in English. It is when you push the drawer to close it, and you didn't push hard enough, it will the do last half inch itself.
And in the bathroom (toilet/bath part) there is a sensor to activate the AC. And it is incredibly sensitive. One step in to the sink part of the bathroom and it turns on. We haven't figured out yet how to switch it off permanently.
The bathroom sensor is for the exhaust fan for the shower, not the AC. And yes it is rather loud. It took us by surprise too. I never figured out how to stop the automatic start so had to manually **** it off every time I walked into the bathroom. That was my only annoyance at Coronado. We truly loved the resort. It’s beautiful there.

How busy is the Cabanas quiet pool these days? We haven't made time for the pools in a few trips and I'd like to do that this time. Does the fact that it's closest to the tower make the Cabanas pool a lot busier, or do people still tend to favor the Dig Site? I'm wondering if it's worth the extra trek to Ranchos to have a more relaxed atmosphere.

Is housekeeping automatically every other day? My son and I were talking about this how we don't need room cleaned everyday (like we did in Pop) and probably need every other day to get fresh towels. We were going to request this (didn't know if this is possible for every other day) but if it's done automatically, it'll work out for us. Thank you

Is housekeeping automatically every other day? My son and I were talking about this how we don't need room cleaned everyday (like we did in Pop) and probably need every other day to get fresh towels. We were going to request this (didn't know if this is possible for every other day) but if it's done automatically, it'll work out for us. Thank you
Right now it’s automatically every other day. Towels, trash, light cleaning and coffee replenishment…no made beds. Daily housekeeping has not come back to CSR yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter