• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a preferred room booked at CSR- where is this located? Casitas? Is there any chance that it could be in the Tower? Has anyone asked to change to the tower upon checkin if it is available? Not asking for upgrade, asking to pay for tower.

Can someone tell me where in the 535 pages of this thread (or another thread if it exists) I can look for updated basic information about the new tower and the newly renovated Coronado Springs in general. The first posts of this thread are very outdated and the entirety is just so much to read. TIA

Last edited:
Can someone tell me where in the 535 pages of this thread (or another thread if it exists) I can look for updated basic information about the new tower and the newly renovated Coronado Springs in general. The first posts of this thread are very outdated and the entirety is just so much to read. TIA
Someone here much wiser than I will give you a better answer but I know what you mean.

Perhaps the Gran Destino Tower should be it’s own thread as well???

I found a ton of info here but have been following since just before the tower opened. But also helpful to me was searching on YouTube for “Gran Destino Tower”. Usually most of my general questions were covered there. I could see several room layouts and amenities provided.

If you have specific questions regarding details, anyone in this thread will be happy to answer them. So ask away.

Someone here much wiser than I will give you a better answer but I know what you mean.

I found a ton of info here but have been following since just before the tower opened. But also helpful to me was searching on YouTube for “Gran Destino Tower”. Usually most of my general questions were covered there. I could see several room layouts and amenities provided.

If you have specific questions regarding details, anyone in this thread will be happy to answer them. So ask away.
YES! It would be helpful if there was a separate thread listing details and facts without all of the conversations that tend to make an information thread too long to actually sort through!

Thanks for your reply and for the suggestion about just trying YouTube.

That’s crazy! I didn’t like yell or demand anything- the cast member just offered. I mean, it was totally the right thing to do, but you should have been offered the same. Maybe you just were unlucky and got a dud CM? That really sucks!
When I did call they acted as if I was not telling the truth even though someone came up to check the water and then the resort manager said the boiler was out of order in my part if the building. I wasn’t offered anything and when I asked for a room change I was informed they didn’t have anything available. I finally sent an email to guests services but I only received the basic reply nothing more yet.

My family and I spent a long weekend at Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs Resort. We loved the tower and the resort. This trip was a bit of an experiment. I wanted a weekend getaway where we didn't have to drive, cook, or clean. I didn't want to have to rush anywhere, so this visit was a non-parks visit. We just enjoyed the pool and resort amenities, Disney Springs shopping and dining (I love Jaleo!), and resort hopping/riding all four forms of transportation in one day. This ended up being a lot of fun and very relaxing as it was hot and I'm not sure you could have paid me to take my kids into the parks!

We stayed in a deluxe suite with club access (Chronos Lounge). Room 457 (triangle, parking lot/parks view).

The Great:
The Chronos Lounge was wonderful. The lounge is well appointed and comfortable. There are toys/games and books for kids and adults.
The lounge was busy in the morning, but didn't feel cramped. My family was always able to find seating. It was quiet in the evenings. The staff was lovely. Maria is surely the most gracious, hardest working cast member at Disney. The food was wonderful.
Breakfast offerings included: eggs, oatmeal, bacon, Mickey waffles, assorted breads and baked items, cheese and salmon, and fruit. Ask for a mimosa! The beer and wine selection was excellent and available at various times throughout the day. The evening wine and hors d'oeuvres was lovely and plentiful. Desserts were good (although there was shortage on Mickey tart shells the last couple of nights of our stay so no cute and delicious Mickey tarts). The various offerings in the evening were good (plant-based ceviche was surprisingly delicious). My children were able to find enough that suited their palate.
The coffee machine was not working during most of our stay, which was disappointing. The staff offered to get espresso coffees from the bar downstairs, but we felt bad asking them to do so since they were constantly busy in the morning.

The Deluxe Suite was spacious and well designed. Having a half bath made a huge difference for my family. Each room has it's own temperature control (that is illuminate all night-be prepared if you are sensitive to light when you sleep). The storage is brilliant. My family fully unpacked for our 4-night stay and had plenty of storage available. Note: There was no alarm clock in our room, which felt odd. There were plenty of USB ports. I enjoyed having a mini refrigerator.
The housekeeping was excellent during our stay! Thank you to the amazing staff. I loved the modern feel with the subtle Mickey touches. I definitely felt I was at Disney World, but a newer, fresher Disney World.

Disney internal transportation was excellent. We never waited more than 10 minutes or so for a bus to various parks. We left most days around 10 and returned in the late afternoon. Thus, we never used the bus service during peak times of day.

The Good:
We enjoyed the main pool area, playground, table tennis and arcade. I loved having life vests provided for kids of all ages. We had marshmallows at the fire pit by the pool which was fun. I do wish there were more activities scheduled. There are many great spaces around the resort that could be creatively utilized for activities.

The Bad:
We arrived after midnight on the Magical Express. At check in, there was at least one other family behind us and a large group. The one person at the front desk was very busy finding a manager or someone who could accept a compliment that a guest she had just helped was giving her instead of quickly accepting the compliment and moving on to assist the exhausted group of guests in line. I was not happy.

Our deluxe suite was on the 4th floor facing the parking lot (one morning I had a view of several delivery trucks lined up. I imagine this view costs the same as the water view rooms on the other side of the building since there is a view of fireworks, but being on the 4th floor fireworks were barely visible over the treeline except for the very highest ones. I loved our room, but management should consider charging a different rate for lower floor suites, or not making these club level. Differential pricing would allow all suite guests to feel like they are provided comparable experiences.

Disney Signature Services (DSS) called me and left a message about a week after I booked our reservation. I called DSS (available to club level guests) twice to request a rollaway bed (my children fight when they sleep in the same bed--will they every outgrow this behavior?) , an L-shaped deluxe suite to accommodate a roll away, and bottled water in our room since we would be arriving after the club lounge was closed. None of these requests were fulfilled. I was deeply disappointed, especially about the bottled water. At the very least, placing a few bottles of water in the room would be an easy way to make guests happy. In addition, I was not told that I needed to register for the Magical Express from the airport. I happened to read this on Disboards. DSS should have inquired about my travel plans to ensure that had everything settled. You don't know what you don't know, so asking me if I need anything else wasn't really useful. DSS was able to move a reservation time for me that I could not move myself on the My Disney Experience app.

Recommendation:
If you can afford it, stay club level. I am rather frugal, so I calculate whether a particular service is a value or not. The full breakfast kept us fueled and the evening offerings were plenty for us (we are not big eaters). We ate lunch out at our favorite restaurants for our heavy meal of the day. We truly got great value for the cost.

Pics from the resort are posted after this post.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Gran Destino Tower has a laundry room? I looked at the map in MDE and filtered by “guest services,” and it appears the Gran Destino Tower does not have a laundry room...that’s a big mistake, in my opinion, if that’s the case. I’m not excited about the idea of walking our laundry over to cabanas.

Does anyone know if the Gran Destino Tower has a laundry room? I looked at the map in MDE and filtered by “guest services,” and it appears the Gran Destino Tower does not have a laundry room...that’s a big mistake, in my opinion, if that’s the case. I’m not excited about the idea of walking our laundry over to cabanas.
There is a laundry room in GDT (on the 3rd floor). I used it during our recent weekend trip! It has at least 7 or so washers and about double the amount of dryers. It's $3.00 for a wash and the same for a dryer. The washers are front load. One dryer cycle dried my load of laundry. There was a folding table. There's a vending machine to purchase detergent (I believe it was powder detergent).

I packed liquid detergent in a little plastic toiletry bottle (I love the 4-pack found in the travel toiletry section of Walmart. These have never leaked.) and a couple dryer sheets. I also packed an inexpensive collapsible laundry basket (also from Walmart) which made it easy to carry dirty laundry to the laundry room (and to keep dirty clothes neatly corralled).

There is a laundry room in GDT (on the 3rd floor). I used it during our recent weekend trip! It has at least 7 or so washers and about double the amount of dryers. It's $3.00 for a wash and the same for a dryer. The washers are front load. One dryer cycle dried my load of laundry. There was a folding table. There's a vending machine to purchase detergent (I believe it was powder detergent).

I packed liquid detergent in a little plastic toiletry bottle (I love the 4-pack found in the travel toiletry section of Walmart. These have never leaked.) and a couple dryer sheets. I also packed an inexpensive collapsible laundry basket (also from Walmart) which made it easy to carry dirty laundry to the laundry room (and to keep dirty clothes neatly corralled).
Thanks! I’m so relieved there is a laundry room in the tower. I wonder why Disney doesn’t include it on their list of laundry facilities at CSR.

These are a few pics from the resort. The videos of the suite are very accurate (I posted a few different pics under the CL thread). The view of fireworks from our room 457--it's just too low to see the fireworks due to the trees. We had a clear view from the Chronos Lounge (club-level lounge) on the 15th floor. The resort area is lovely. We enjoyed walked around in the evening.
44149259157565148__561AF33A-9831-4291-8667-A80E6DF9F991.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7979.jpg
    IMG_7979.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7719.jpg
    IMG_7719.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7719.jpg
    IMG_7719.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
We enjoyed marshmallow roasting (a few nights a week; you can purchase s'mores kits, but we just enjoyed the marshmallows all by themselves), the arcade, and ping pong tables between the pool and the arcade. There is a nature walk pamphlet that my kids enjoyed (we saw a marsh rabbit--a highlight for everyone). I do wish there were more organized activities at the resort, but we had a good time at the ones that were offered.
Mickey touches are scattered around the resort, so I definitely felt like I was at Disney (carpet, paintings in the halls).

Last edited:
I'm sure this has been addressed in the 535 prior pages, but don't have the patience to weed through them... Lol

DW and I are booking a stay for the week of 4/19 at Coranado.
We have a choice between Water View Tower, Preferred Standard (Casitas), or Water View (where we would request Cabannas).
What are the pluses and minuses to each?
DW is leaning Tower.
I am thinking Water View Cabanna, but am worried about being assured Cabanna with the Water View (and not getting stuck out in Ranchos).
We want to stay near the food, shopping, and transportation.
Not set yet on anything, so we could use your help.
TIA

I'm sure this has been addressed in the 535 prior pages, but don't have the patience to weed through them... Lol

DW and I are booking a stay for the week of 4/19 at Coranado.
We have a choice between Water View Tower, Preferred Standard (Casitas), or Water View (where we would request Cabannas).
What are the pluses and minuses to each?
DW is leaning Tower.
I am thinking Water View Cabanna, but am worried about being assured Cabanna with the Water View (and not getting stuck out in Ranchos).
We want to stay near the food, shopping, and transportation.
Not set yet on anything, so we could use your help.
TIA
I liked the tower a few weeks ago. I have also stayed in all areas of CSR previously. I would want tower or cabanas.

I like the beach area of cabanas. It’s not too far to lobby or pools.

I liked the theming of ranches but it felt far away,

Casitas is nice if you need to be closer to the lobby.

However the new tower has an enclosed walkway to el centro ( I just auto pilot go there and don’t know if the name has changed)

The tower has a guaranteed area vs requesting a regular water view you can end up almost anywhere.

I don’t really feel a water view if beneficial for anywhere except the tower. First it has large windows to enjoy the view. 2nd it is on the lake so an actual beautiful water view.

The other buildings you kinda get a glimpse of lake or a pool but not really a good view for the rooms we have had.

Oh we did walk around a bit. The cabana quiet pool is convenient for the tower.

For buses I think it’s hit or miss. Some rooms are close and others not so much, with the tower you don’t have far to walk. It’s an elevator ride down then out the front to the right and a set of stairs right to it.

Has anyone taken an Uber or Lyft to/from CSR recently? Are they able to pick you up and drop you off at your actual building?

Sadly, I asked something twice already and I appreciate the 1 person that said there was an elevator in their building. No one else answered. 😢. Are there elevators in all of the buildings? Mom is going to be using an ECV, what should I request for the closest standard room? Fingers crossed for an answer. Thanks!

We booked a water view room at CSR in January and then 5 days later my mom will be checking in at CSR in her own Standard view room. What can I do to request that our rooms are somewhat close to each other? Is it best to mention it at the front desk when we check in? Is there a place to request that during online check in?

We booked a water view room at CSR in January and then 5 days later my mom will be checking in at CSR in her own Standard view room. What can I do to request that our rooms are somewhat close to each other? Is it best to mention it at the front desk when we check in? Is there a place to request that during online check in?
My experience has been that if you booked two rooms they’ll do what they can to get you near each other. You can always call and have them put a note in the system. I guess nothing’s guaranteed but they’ll always put it in the file. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter