Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I am booked for CSR from June 5-11, and I’ll be in a conference the first two days on-site. It’s the first trip for my two little ones, ages 6 and 1. I booked a standard room and will have a car as we’re driving.

Any advice on what building to request with little ones? Is it better to plan on driving to the parks or taking the buses. Right now, we’re not planning on coming back to the resort mid-day, as it’s a short trip. Thank you!

Hi all,
I am booked for CSR from June 5-11, and I’ll be in a conference the first two days on-site. It’s the first trip for my two little ones, ages 6 and 1. I booked a standard room and will have a car as we’re driving.

Any advice on what building to request with little ones? Is it better to plan on driving to the parks or taking the buses. Right now, we’re not planning on coming back to the resort mid-day, as it’s a short trip. Thank you!

Hi again! I clicked on your name to see what your 2nd post was and if I could help! :D

With your little one, I would say driving might be better as you don't have to sit and wait for the buses to come and pick you up. Little one might be fussy and/or hungry and waiting for the bus can be tiresome if you can't keep him or her happy. If you're not coming back to the resort for a rest, then definitely drive. The assurance of your car being right there and you heading to it instead of the buses is always a plus! HAVE FUN! :cool1:

I definitely prefer taking the buses when we stay on-site even when we have a car. It’s really nice to just pick up and get on a bus and when you’re leaving the parks hot and tired, not to have to worry about schlepping all the way back, riding a tram, and finding your car which might be hot when you return to it. I much prefer letting someone else do the driving and just stepping on to an air conditioned bus whenever I’m ready.

The bus wait times from CSR are now available in the MDE app so you can time departure from the room accordingly and not have to wait long at the bus stops.

So As I’m following different Disney groups there has been a lot of discussion in the past 24hrs from people from UK since 2020 dining plan was announced for them.
Many have been saying they will be staying at CSR next summer because there were no rooms at another resort they tried.
Does Disney only open so many rooms for each special offer plan? Should I be booking Aug 2020 now? I was hoping to wait till it appears online to check dates and so forth but my nerves are shot!
Any advice (or calming) would be appropriated. Thanks!
Thats correct - I was surprised that I could only get CSR with free QS dining plan for my dates (end of August 2020). We really wanted beginning of September but only king rooms available (we are mother and daughter so need two beds). I booked as hadn't expected availability to be so low and now travelling 26th August 2020 for 16 nights. I was good with CSR as stayed there before (hopefully weather will be better this time as non stop rain last visit there!!)
Another thing that affects availability is us Brits booking long stays - its hardly worth it for us to go for a week as you Americans tend to do.

Hi all,

You will definitely find varying opinions on transportation....we have always been happy relying on Disney transportation, even when we've had a car with us.

I would definitely consider Casitas....bus stop 2 is the first stop for park buses, it is a pleasant walk to El Centro and not far from the main pool.

Last edited:
I'm in the beginning planning stages for our next trip in November 2020...We have only stayed at POP and I am looking to book a moderate resort, but the first couple I briefly looked at had no elevators and I'm travelling with a disabled person who will have a scooter. Does this property have an elevator? Will likely try to book preferred, if that makes a difference.

Preferred are in Casitas 1-3 and yes, they have elevators. But for simplicity, I would request a first floor room. No guarantee you’ll get it but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

Preferred are in Casitas 1-3 and yes, they have elevators. But for simplicity, I would request a first floor room. No guarantee you’ll get it but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

Thank-you for your response. I just want to be sure that there's elevators. If other areas do not, I'm afraid to ask for a first floor room and the chance of not getting it. I've done that before and did not get what I requested.

If you book preferred, you’d be in this area, there’s elevators and the first bus stop to the parks as stop #2 is at the Casitas so pretty much a sure bet you’d get a spot on the bus. If you don’t book preferred, you take the risk of the scooter spots on the bus possibly being taken and needing to wait for the next. Just another thing to consider. If you don’t get a 1st floor room, no biggie. You still have the elevators. The preferred location is not a “Request” - if you book this room category, which sounds like it may be worth it in your situation-you get it.

We were in the Casitas over spring break and used the elevators many times late at night when our feet just couldn’t do another extra step to the room. :sad2:

I'm in the beginning planning stages for our next trip in November 2020...We have only stayed at POP and I am looking to book a moderate resort, but the first couple I briefly looked at had no elevators and I'm travelling with a disabled person who will have a scooter. Does this property have an elevator? Will likely try to book preferred, if that makes a difference.

We have stayed in Casitas 4 in a standard room and were very close to the bus stop (first pick-up and drop-off to/from the parks). If you stay in Casitas 4, you should not have any trouble getting on the bus with a scooter.

I check into the tower Club Level on Oct 24th! I got a call from signature services this weekend (about 180 days out) it was so lovely, they just asked if I needed any help planning!

We are about 80 days out from our trip and our first time at CSR. Any tips or suggestions for our first time here? We've stayed at AoA and POR in the past. Definitely enjoy trying new resorts when we go.

Not sure if anyone has been there recently or knows well enough. I know they recently put out new logo merchandise but do they still have the old orange magnets with the old logo or the hats? I really wanted to pick those up. Not a fan of the new logo.

It’s my first time staying at CSR. I really want to stay in Ranchos. I love the ambiance and design of the building, also to be as close to the pool as possible, would you guys recommend building 7B?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter