Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jo-Anne, I’m on an iPhone so please excuse typos. There is a single tower, and the workers told me it’s a little behind schedule so I would check with Disney reservations to make sure it’s still an option for your week.

We called, and were able to reserve 3 rooms for April 2020; no special requirements needed as it’s a traditional hotel, not a vacation club.

We understand that it will not have a dedicated pool, so the main pool at the dig will be the closest for those staying at the Gran Destino. Also there is a new restaurant being completed in the middle of the lagoon, Villa del Lago.

We’ve stayed at the rancheros and casitas in the area you are looking, but I find that Casita 3 is about midway between the main pool and the food court, a five minute walk to each. It has the advantage of being nearer the laundry, fitness room and spa, has its own pool and has rooms with king size beds if that interests you.

We actually booked the Gran Destino on a whim too, and our only request was king size beds.

Good luck and have fun.

We actually booked the Gran Destino on a whim too, and our only request was king size beds.

Good luck and have fun.

King Bed rooms are a bookable category so that's not a request you'll get. If you want a King you'll have to book one.

I know the towers will be open and I see people saying they booked the towers, but as I'm looking to see what location I'd like to request, I'm wondering are the towers an option for us or do they have to be reserved differently and will they be a higher cost?

In order to get a room in the tower you'll have to specifically book one as it's a separate category.

I booked Coronado Springs on a bit of a whim at the end of Free Dining and hadn't given it much thought until recently and now I'm trying to dig into all the changes and do some planning! We are very familiar with Disney but have only stayed at this resort once probably 10 years ago. This trip is just my husband and myself and we'd like to be near a pool and bus stop. Our trip is Sept 30 - Oct 5. I know the towers will be open and I see people saying they booked the towers, but as I'm looking to see what location I'd like to request, I'm wondering are the towers an option for us or do they have to be reserved differently and will they be a higher cost? Right now I'm thinking of Ranchos 7B or Cabanas 8A. These look near to a pool and bus stop but wondering if there will be easy access over to the food court area with bridges or will we need to walk around the towers to get there? Any opinions of 7B or 8A - and are these "easy" to get if requested? Also if you are staying in the towers is the nearest pool the Cabanas quiet pool or the Main dig pool? Just wondering where those who stay at the towers will flock to swim? Thanks, Jo

Assuming you booked a standard room and based on some of your comments/questions, you may want to consider Casitas 4. (We were in a preferred room in nearby Casitas 2 last year.). You would be close to bus stop two ( the first stop for park buses), there is a quiet pool nearby, the walk along Lago Dorado to the main pool isn't long and the walk to El Centro through the Casitas area (lined with greenery and fountains) is very pleasant. I had expected the Casitas theming to feel boring but ended up liking it.

FWIW I have no clue if the bus routes around the resort will change with the opening of the tower.

Note- post edited .... Initial post said stayed in Casitas 3 last year.... actually was in Casitas 2.

Last edited:

There is a single tower, and the workers told me it’s a little behind schedule so I would check with Disney reservations to make sure it’s still an option for your week.
Please (as in, ‘say it ain’t so’) you can’t leave us hanging on that statement here without more context. Where did you hear the tower could be behind schedule (by up to 3 months, since the post you replied to has a late Sept. booking)? Hoping that is an unsubstantiated rumor, as we have a July ressie and depending on CL in the new tower. Thank you!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the responses! A couple more questions - are all the rooms updated now? Are the towers standard rooms any different than the standard rooms in the existing buildings?

Also can someone describe (or is there a map) of where the three new bridges are located. WIll it be easier for the Casitas to reach the main pool or the Ranchos to get to food court? Thanks!

The Tower is supposed to open July 9th. I’m not sure I would trust that it won’t be open by then.. would disney really allow all those people to book and not be ready to open?

Please (as in, ‘say it ain’t so’) you can’t leave us hanging on that statement here without more context. Where did you hear the tower could be behind schedule (by up to 3 months, since the post you replied to has a late Sept. booking)? Hoping that is an unsubstantiated rumor, as we have a July ressie and depending on CL in the new tower. Thank you!

Apologies to all if my post caused a panic, so let me put more words behind it. I was at the CSR for the Star Wars Rival Run and one of the workers (a construction worker) mentioned that the project was a little behind schedule. I'm not in the business of spreading unsubstantiated rumors, and I didn't say the tower was three months behind schedule, although the poster was inquiring about September. My suggestion is to check with Disney being that your reservation is close to the projected opening. My hope is that the hotel opens on time, and that you have a great vacation. Paul

Apologies to all if my post caused a panic, so let me put more words behind it. I was at the CSR for the Star Wars Rival Run and one of the workers (a construction worker) mentioned that the project was a little behind schedule. I'm not in the business of spreading unsubstantiated rumors, and I didn't say the tower was three months behind schedule, although the poster was inquiring about September. My suggestion is to check with Disney being that your reservation is close to the projected opening. My hope is that the hotel opens on time, and that you have a great vacation. Paul
Thank you for clarifying. Hopefully the delays would be to exterior details that won’t affect the opening. We’ve booked directly with Disney - not much we could do anyhow at this point except cancel. The discounts are no longer available. They are still offering tower rooms during my booking window at rack rate. (Sorry - Not accusing you - I said up to 3 months - poster said Sept 30-Oct 5 - July 9 to Oct 5 is nearly 3 months.)

Thank you for clarifying. Hopefully the delays would be to exterior details that won’t affect the opening. We’ve booked directly with Disney - not much we could do anyhow at this point except cancel. The discounts are no longer available. They are still offering tower rooms during my booking window at rack rate. (Sorry - Not accusing you - I said up to 3 months - poster said Sept 30-Oct 5 - July 9 to Oct 5 is nearly 3 months.)
If the tower is not opened at your time or even my time, Disney should still offer us our discount or free dining package that we originally bought. I don’t check in until 9/14

When will you be down there?

I am torn on my request this trip. We have only stayed Cabanas and have had a car, this trip we will not. Do you find the buses to be full by the time they get to Cabana bus stop? I have looked at Casitas and honestly I am not crazy about the look but being picked up and dropped off first has its perks. I am thinking my fax should read 1st floor (this is just a personal fav), corner room (just love the 2 windows) and not facing the parking lot but with the touring plans fax you need to pick a room.

I am torn on my request this trip. We have only stayed Cabanas and have had a car, this trip we will not. Do you find the buses to be full by the time they get to Cabana bus stop? I have looked at Casitas and honestly I am not crazy about the look but being picked up and dropped off first has its perks. I am thinking my fax should read 1st floor (this is just a personal fav), corner room (just love the 2 windows) and not facing the parking lot but with the touring plans fax you need to pick a room.

We we’re there over Presidents Day Weekend. Only rode a full bus once.

Here’s the biggest benefit to Casitas: if you are leaving your room & see on the app that you just missed a bus at that stop (as in a minute or 2), you can walk to El Centro and catch the bus there before it leaves the resort. We were in Casitas 3 (preferred) and did this frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter