Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke to my other family members and we’ve decided not to move if this happens - we got free dining (we are in the UK) and given our length of stay and losing free dining, it will cost us £2000+ if we move, as Port Orleans is not available so we would need to move to a deluxe.

So, we will suck it up and my nieces will just go to the smaller pools. My sister-in-law did want to know how I was hearing Disney rumours, but let’s just gloss over that...!:wave2:

Last edited:
Is it common for there to be no official announcement of a main pool closing?

Last edited:
Its not that there hasn't been an official announcement, WDW just hasn't done it yet. It's just that fan groups get inside info prior to official releases

According to a cast member the pool is scheduled to be closed from September 4th to December 12th 2018. Hoping for it to be complete a little early, checking in on 11/30 until 12/8.

Last edited:

According to a cast member the pool is scheduled to be closed from September 4th to December 12th 2018. Hoping for it to be complete a little early, checking in on 11/30 until 12/8.

Oh my, not sure how I feel about this. We are scheduled to arrive on 12/20, staying for 10 nights. The great pool was one of the main reasons we chose CSR. I'm not sure I want to risk the pool refurb possibly being pushed back to interfere with our dates. Really don't want to switch resorts, but if I wait there won't be anything left for the FD offer.

Hopefully there will be an official announcement soon with some clarity on dates. I really feel for those impacted by this, what a bummer!

We are Sept 8 - Sept 19. We jumped ship to AS Movies and saved about 500$. Coronado size and construction is not worth it with Dig site being closed.

We're going to Coronado during second half of october 2018... and are very disappointed about these works... We hope that the smaller pools won't be crowded !
Will Disney offer a compensation ?

Last edited:

Can someone give me a link to what shows the time line for rehabs which has the CSR pool work being done? thanks.

Can someone give me a link to what shows the time line for rehabs which has the CSR pool work being done? thanks.

There isn't one. The refurb info was leaked. But, there are reports now of people calling Disney reservations and as of Friday or Saturday, the CM's are confirming the pool work is going to be done.

There isn't one. The refurb info was leaked. But, there are reports now of people calling Disney reservations and as of Friday or Saturday, the CM's are confirming the pool work is going to be done.
Someone on the disboard FB group said it was scheduled for the last week of September. Do we have any info?

I wish there was an announcement I have Coronado booked and now I have AS Movies booked I don’t want them to cancel my reservations because there’s two for the same week.

I called last night and the CM said there are no pool closures happening for end of November... But that was a phone CM.

Is the construction going on now real unsightly? I'm thinking about booking a night there before we move to a villa. Thanks!

Is the construction going on now real unsightly? I'm thinking about booking a night there before we move to a villa. Thanks!

I think it's probably a personal matter. There is a giant tower building that is under construction and a crane in the middle of the lake. None of that bothered me when we were there a month ago. It definitely wouldn't have bothered me for one night. The interior of the main building was still in fantastic shape. All the food and amenities were available and for what it's worth it was incredibly clean. It was noticeably shiny inside. :) If you book a preferred room then you will be guaranteed one of the newly renovated rooms. We had a renovated room in Ranchos (not preferred) and we really liked the location. We were the furthest back you can go, but very close to a bus stop and I personally prefer the theme of the Ranchos area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter