Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Chronos Club closed right now? Friends were just upgraded to a Deluxe Suite in the Tower.

Thanks! Perhaps that’s why they also had an unexpected $100 credit to their account? Any tips I should share with them about this room or being in the Tower?

Lol, I wish I had gotten a $100 credit on my supposed to be CL but same priced room in November! 🤣

The Deluxe rooms are nice. One bank wraps around the passenger elevators, the other bank wraps around the service elevators. The one I stayed in was by the passenger elevators. I could hear a bit of noise at night when it was quiet - some general whirls and an occasional mechanical noise. This was VERY minor, but just a small observation.

How many are in your friend’s group? The bathroom is off the bedroom, some don’t like that setup, but for most I suspect a non-issue.

Hope they enjoy the Tower!

Lol, I wish I had gotten a $100 credits on my supposed to be CL but same priced room in November! 🤣

The Deluxe rooms are nice. One bank wraps around the passenger elevators, the other bank wraps around the service elevators. The one I stayed in was by the passenger elevators. I could hear a bit of noise at night when it was quiet - some general whirls and an occasional mechanical noise. This was VERY minor, but just a small observation.

How many are in your friend’s group? The bathroom is off the bedroom, some don’t like that setup, but for most I suspect a non-issue.

Hope they enjoy the Tower!

Room wasn’t ready until after 3, but they didn’t request an upgrade. Two parents with two young boys, 1 and 2!!
First family trip to WDW. They are already climbing around the playground as Mom has sent photos. Maybe it was a housekeeping credit?

Just got back home today from our week long stay at CSR. We had two rooms overlooking the Cabanas pool. My overall impression of the current situation is that it was fine. A pain to have to remember to wear your mask when heading to the pool or going to get ice, etc. but most everyone was complying. I did find it annoying to have to buy tea/coffee at the coffee bar in the tower. It cost me $11 bucks for a Danish, a black coffee and a tea. My husband did not like the coffee in the rooms and Cafe Rix was not open while we were there. Never ate at El Mercado but I walked through and it looked like the food was just blah. We actually went off property for pizza at NYPD Pizza and breakfast at Cracker Barrell.

We ate at Rix for two dinners and it was fine. We ate dinner last night at Three Bridges. Tried making a walk up queue reservation for 7 people and would go through the whole process only to be told sorry, something went wrong. This happened 3 times so I just walked there and they manually put us in the system. A limited menu. I had a salad with steak and my husband had the burger. Son had the salad as well and DIL had the chicken biscuit sliders. We also had the shrimp fritters and the cheese dip apps. All was good. Kids had the mac n cheese and really didn't care for that. I think it was too dry for them.

We were there for one week and housekeeping came in 3 times but only to refresh towels and empty garbage. No bed making. It was fine but I do miss seeing the freshly made beds of days gone by.

The Dig Site Pool was definitely warmer than the pool at Cabanas. The kids did not care but the adults did LOL. When we landed it was 88 degrees and the temps kept going down all week. Last night was cold! The weather later in the week was perfect for walking around the parks. 75 and no humidity!!

We drove to each park and Disney Springs. One time, on Saturday we did take the bus to DS to see Raya and the Last Dragon. Was a cute movie. We took the bus as I thought it would be very crowded to try and park. Oh, also, when you park in the garages you must follow the signs and you are herded into a line to get your temp taken. An improvement is that you can now walk through a screener and not have to stop and have them go through your bags. This was at the parks as well. My son and I waited only 30 minutes for Gideon's Bakery one morning and the cookies were pretty darn good. The themeing of the shop is awesome.

At the parks I didn't find the plexi dividers on the line queues bothersome but did find them a pan in the A** on the rides. For one thing the plexi comes higher than the hand rails so when climbing in boat your natural instinct is to grab the rail for support but what you actually grab is the plexi and it does not support you. I found it a bit unsafe and could easily see someone putting too much weight on it and falling. Same with exiting a boat....nothing to grab onto for support.

Well that's it for now. Any questions ask away!! We really needed this trip. The kids have been trapped in the house far too long during a cold winter and loved the warm weather.

Enjoy!!

MJ

Last edited:
Room wasn’t ready until after 3, but they didn’t request an upgrade. Two parents with two young boys, 1 and 2!!
First family trip to WDW. They are already climbing around the playground as Mom has sent photos. Maybe it was a housekeeping credit?

Hmm, I don’t know - maybe just some nice Pixie Dust!?

I should clarify what I wrote about the bathrooms - there are 1.5 baths in those rooms.

That’ll be a great room for new’ish parents! Kids can sleep in the living room and they can have a little privacy. It’ll be nice to spread out with the various stuff that comes with traveling with those ages. Not sure what room type they originally had booked but it might spoil them for future trips. :-)

Hmm, I don’t know - maybe just some nice Pixie Dust!?

I should clarify what I wrote about the bathrooms - there are 1.5 baths in those rooms.

That’ll be a great room for new’ish parents! Kids can sleep in the living room and they can have a little privacy. It’ll be nice to spread out with the various stuff that comes with traveling with those ages. Not sure what room type they originally had booked but it might spoil them for future trips. :-)

That’s what I told them! They just had a standard view two queen bed non tower room!

We can relate to being spoiled for future trips - We upgraded to a 1BR preferred view at Riviera from CBR around Thanksgiving so we could have a kitchen in case we were feeling uncomfortable at restaurants. Our teenagers - as well as us parents - fell in love and I am afraid we might not ever go back to a moderate!

I know this is a long shot but I got to know where I can find the music that is playing in the rooms. When we are in the room we turn the TV on and just relaxed to the music. Love it!

I know this is a long shot but I got to know where I can find the music that is playing in the rooms. When we are in the room we turn the TV on and just relaxed to the music. Love it!

I was thinking the same thing...reminded me of the some of the music they play on Disney Cruise Line!!! I would just leave the TV on the main page and listen to the music.

MJ

There are several YouTube channels that play in the in-room TV music. If you search you can find one! I often listen to them as I work to bring a little Disney into my day!

Did we ever get to see if CSR got the fun new aprons the rest of the resort's food service cast members were getting? CR had monorail, Boardwalk had Dumbo, etc....

I like to ask the hard-hitting questions. 🤔 😂

Thinking about upgrading from Pop to a CSR standard tower room. I'm pretty picky about the transportation aspect of the trip; what are your guys' opinion on the transportation at CSR? We're traveling at the end of April.

Thinking about upgrading from Pop to a CSR standard tower room. I'm pretty picky about the transportation aspect of the trip; what are your guys' opinion on the transportation at CSR? We're traveling at the end of April.
I've had nothing but good experiences with buses at CSR. And it's in a location on property that makes it super convenient to get to every park, so no one destination takes too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter