Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to decide between the new tower or preferred room for our September/October trip. What do you think the advantages/disadvantages would be of either? Thanks for your help.

Trying to decide between the new tower or preferred room for our September/October trip. What do you think the advantages/disadvantages would be of either? Thanks for your help.

I would think the tower advantage would be the opportunity for sweeping views and proximity to Toledo (the new rooftop dining). I personally would be happy with either option and probably would choose the most price-effective option. I believe the actual rooms are expected to be very similar to the new room design from the most recent refurb. Possible drawbacks would be a busy lobby at the new tower and possibly having to wait on elevators to get to your room.

The standard tower rooms will appeal to people who want a hotel feel with indoor hallways. A preferred room will keep you reasonably close to the food court and tower, but could still be a 5 min walk outside.

It's been awhile since I've been back to Disney and we're going this fall during my son's fall break and we're coming back home to CSR, the first resort we stayed at and fell in love with! I'm excited to see the new changes that have taken place. Now, I just gotta figure out which promo I'm going to take....the Fun and Sun or Free Dining! I'm so excited to be going back to my happy place!

It's been awhile since I've been back to Disney and we're going this fall during my son's fall break and we're coming back home to CSR, the first resort we stayed at and fell in love with! I'm excited to see the new changes that have taken place. Now, I just gotta figure out which promo I'm going to take....the Fun and Sun or Free Dining! I'm so excited to be going back to my happy place!
I have been pricing these deals as well and since it is only me the better deal is take the discount and buy the quick service dining option. I will save around $200 total. Every bit helps!!!!

Confirmed! I mixed up the dates and we're outside the window for free dining but picked it up anyway and chose a preferred room since the last time we stayed, it unfortunately was in the Cabanas 9B and I'm not knowledgeable enough about the new layout but knew we still wanted to be close to El Centro. Coronado, we will see you in October!

Confirmed! I mixed up the dates and we're outside the window for free dining but picked it up anyway and chose a preferred room since the last time we stayed, it unfortunately was in the Cabanas 9B and I'm not knowledgeable enough about the new layout but knew we still wanted to be close to El Centro. Coronado, we will see you in October!
Did you pick up the dining plan or are you able tog eat free dining? This is our first time at CSR. I’m hoping we love it.

Did you pick up the dining plan or are you able tog eat free dining? This is our first time at CSR. I’m hoping we love it.

No, we were outside of the window for the promo but I decided to just add it to our package anyway to decrease our spending budget. QSDP should do us good for our trip. You'll love CSR. It's our home away from home!

Last Labor Day we stayed in a preferred room and loved it. It was first floor corner next to the quiet pool and spa and near the laundry which was convenient. It was a short walk to the first bus stop and about 5 minutes to El Centro.
We were planning on returning to that category next August but decided to go with a Tower Water View. Looks to be about the same walk to food. Pluses will be the view and perhaps a more “deluxe” feel. Minuses will be no quiet pool nearby, unless the tower is getting one? Not sure on that. It will also be the last bus stop so that could be an issue with passenger loads.

We just booked CSR for DD's 13th bday. She will get to celebrate her actual bday while we are there. I am booked in a standard room. Never been to CSR. We typically stay at the Boardwalk villas but the free dining, room and ticket offer came out cheaper. I wanted to try the tower rooms but it's an extra 500.00. I am excited to try CSR.

We are thinking about booking CSR for the first week of April. We will only be spending a few days at the parks, will the construction be noisy at the resort during the day? Or affect the pool area? Also - which areas are good to request? I'd appreciate any advice. Thank you!

We are thinking about booking CSR for the first week of April. We will only be spending a few days at the parks, will the construction be noisy at the resort during the day? Or affect the pool area? Also - which areas are good to request? I'd appreciate any advice. Thank you!
It was not noisey in November 18. THe structure is up. They are adding siding, window, painting. By April, they have to be concentrating on the inside since it opens in July

That's good news. How about the construction of the restaurant in the middle of the lake? Any recommendation for which area to stay in (if we get a choice, that is) - casitas, ranchos, or cabanas? We don't mind walking and prefer a quieter spot. Thank you!

That's good news. How about the construction of the restaurant in the middle of the lake? Any recommendation for which area to stay in (if we get a choice, that is) - casitas, ranchos, or cabanas? We don't mind walking and prefer a quieter spot. Thank you!
We had always stayed preferred in Casitas. This past fall we stayed in 6B at ranchos and loved it. Planning on asking for the same location for our August trip. It was very quiet and the bus stop was about a 3 minute walk. The walk to El Centro is 1/2 mile (according to my fitbit) and it was a pleasant stroll. Have a great time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter