Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestions about a king bed room? Wife and I are headed for our honeymoon March 15-23rd, and it was about $300 more to book a room with a king bed. It's not a make or break it for us (we sleep in a queen at home and are fine sharing a double!) but it would be nice -- anyone have advice on the best way to request? We have a TP account and could have them send a room request, or check in online or wait to check in day-of arrival (plane lands at 10:10, assume we'll be at the resort around 12:00) and ask in person. Again, I realize it may be a non-starter if they're all taken by convention guests or people who booked them, but I'm always of the mind that it can't hurt to ask. Just looking for input on what people think is the best way to go about doing the asking! Thanks in advance :)

I can not wait to see the reviews for the tower rooms. We finally decided where we are staying on our next trip...but this gives me pause lol

Suggestions about a king bed room? Wife and I are headed for our honeymoon March 15-23rd, and it was about $300 more to book a room with a king bed. It's not a make or break it for us (we sleep in a queen at home and are fine sharing a double!) but it would be nice -- anyone have advice on the best way to request? We have a TP account and could have them send a room request, or check in online or wait to check in day-of arrival (plane lands at 10:10, assume we'll be at the resort around 12:00) and ask in person. Again, I realize it may be a non-starter if they're all taken by convention guests or people who booked them, but I'm always of the mind that it can't hurt to ask. Just looking for input on what people think is the best way to go about doing the asking! Thanks in advance :)

Last time I used TP room request feature at CSR I got the exact room number so give that a try.

Also wouldn't hurt to mention its your honeymoon at checkin.

So excited to stay here. We arrive at Disney in 11 days. We are DVC members, and this is our first time at Coronado Springs.

Since it's a bookable category I don't know that you can really request it. It would be an upgrade.
Yeah, I figured it would be a long shot, but I'd heard of other people getting upgraded to club level, etc with a bit of fairy dust. Like I said, it definitely won't put a damper on anything if it doesn't work out, but it would be a cool "yes" if they had the availability. :):)

Last time I used TP room request feature at CSR I got the exact room number so give that a try.

Also wouldn't hurt to mention its your honeymoon at checkin.

Thanks for the feedback! That's sort of what I figured: we could lob it out there as a request, expecting them to deny it and being really excited if they went for it! And yeah, we'll shamelessly announce honeymoon at any opportunity--it's been a couple years coming and already rescheduled once due to a broken ankle six days before we were set to leave last June. Thank you!

Yeah, I figured it would be a long shot, but I'd heard of other people getting upgraded to club level, etc with a bit of fairy dust. Like I said, it definitely won't put a damper on anything if it doesn't work out, but it would be a cool "yes" if they had the availability. :):)

Thanks for the feedback! That's sort of what I figured: we could lob it out there as a request, expecting them to deny it and being really excited if they went for it! And yeah, we'll shamelessly announce honeymoon at any opportunity--it's been a couple years coming and already rescheduled once due to a broken ankle six days before we were set to leave last June. Thank you!

Pick a king room in the location you like. With the TP requests it seems if they can't give you the exact room the give you one as close as possible.

A lot of times at checkin they ask me if we are celebrating any thing special this trip. I think they are supposed to ask. So hopefully they do and you won't have to shamelessly sneak that into the conversation....lol.

Is there going to be two lobbies/check in areas? The old one and new one for the tower? Or is it all moving to the Tower?

We were at POR for our 15th anniversary. Didn't want to spend extra $ for a King room, but put it in our TP request and got it. Definitely worth mentioning. You never know, other people might not want a king room.

We were at POR for our 15th anniversary. Didn't want to spend extra $ for a King room, but put it in our TP request and got it. Definitely worth mentioning. You never know, other people might not want a king room.

Oh! Awesome!! I'm glad to know this worked for other people -- we'll give it a try! Thanks :)

Planning a trip this summer and the price at CSR is really appealing....should I be wary of it? It's like $70/night cheaper than POR for the same time frame and I'm looking for like 9 or 10 nights, so it adds up. I stayed at CBR just before they announced the redo and it was a nightmare, so I don't want to fall into that trap again. WDYT?

Planning a trip this summer and the price at CSR is really appealing....should I be wary of it? It's like $70/night cheaper than POR for the same time frame and I'm looking for like 9 or 10 nights, so it adds up. I stayed at CBR just before they announced the redo and it was a nightmare, so I don't want to fall into that trap again. WDYT?

All the renos are finished in the regular rooms and the tower opens early July. This is by far the most luxurious of the Mod resorts, nothing to be wary about.

The new tower & restaurant are scheduled to open in early July. The pool rehab, room rehab, QS location and gift shop rehabs are also currently complete.

A question for all of you, we have just booked a club level room in the new tower, water view, for Feb 2020, do any of you have information on what the club room or amenities will be like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts