Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just left CSR last night after a three-night, four-day stay. I'll write more about our experience ASAP but I just wanted to let you all know that there is (or was) a large group of teens staying there for the Jr. NBA. When we walked through the resort at night, it seemed like they were concentrated in Casitas 1-3 (Preferred). They seemed to be having a lot of fun but were pretty loud (we walked through around 9-10 pm each night), so we were glad to be in Casitas 5. Just wanted to give people a heads-up. I'm not sure how long their tournament is going on.
We got here on the 9th and are staying until the 18 and ran in to the same group. Very rude, very loud and would take over the “quiet pools” for hours at a time. They left Monday and I feel like everyone is breathing a sigh of relief. I’d like to know if Disney publishes what groups are staying so we could avoid this one in the future.

We arrived in Orlando last night, we are staying offsite before moving to Coronado on Monday. We stopped at Coronado this morning to deal with an separate issue and asked about the slide. We were told it was working as if today. We then walked over to the pool and the slide was closed (this was at 10am this morning). I just read a FB post that says it was closed now (8:30pm), not sure if it ever went on today at all or if it was closed all day. Best case scenario, it is intermittently working. Worse case it is still closed (even though the front desk says it was open).

We were at the Dig Site pool today for about 6 hours and was working the entire time. I went on it 3-4 times as did my kids. We were there from ~ Noon to ~ 6:00. Today was the first day since we got here Thursday that it has worked.

my DD and I will be staying at CS from Oct 25th through the 27th. October 26th is my DD18 birthday and we are going all out, we are locals that don't get to stay on property often so I am super excited. Is it safe to assume most rooms will be fully renovated by then or should I still put in a request for a renovated room? Does anyone have any first hand account on using the Minnie van service while at CS? we are going to KTTKT friday morning and MNSSHP that same night so I plan on using the vans to get from MK after the tour and to MK before the party. Thank you

FYI just got this email:
In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience, we recently announced that exciting changes will be made at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we want to make you aware of refurbishment work that will be taking place during your visit.

The Dig Site, home to The Lost City of Cibola Feature Pool, volleyball court, playground, Iguana Arcade and Siestas Cantina, will be closed for refurbishment during your stay. While this work takes place, our other exceptional amenities, including three leisure pools, dining and merchandise locations, La Vida Health Club, Salon & Spa and recreation activities, including Movies Under the Stars and Campfires with Marshmallows, will remain available for your enjoyment. Also, a newly reimagined quick-service dining location, Rix Sports Bar & Grill and Laguna Bar will remain available at El Centro.

Hi, can anyone tell me how long it takes for the buses to get around CSR before they head for the parks. Thanks x

checking in next week, waterview room

appears that casitas and cabanas only have waterview.... if i have a choice what should i choose

thanks!

checking in next week, waterview room

appears that casitas and cabanas only have waterview.... if i have a choice what should i choose

thanks!

I can't speak to which option you might like better view wise, especially with the construction on the lake... I can offer, though, that we enjoyed our first CSR stay in April- we were in Casitas 2. I expected the Casitas area theming to be boring, but I ended up loving walking among the fountains and greenery. We liked using bus stop 2....which was (and I believe still is) actually the first stop on the route for park buses.

Hi, can anyone tell me how long it takes for the buses to get around CSR before they head for the parks. Thanks x

Generally speaking, not too long (probably 8-10 min. at the VERY most), but it probably depends on the time you leave. For example, last week we took the buses frequently to Disney Springs in the afternoon to early evening. We never had a crowded bus, and usually, only one or two groups at MOST got on the bus at each stop. Oftentimes, no one got on, so the bus stopped, open the doors, waited about 30 seconds, and took off. However, I'm sure going to the parks in the morning, it might take more around the 8-10 min. range. I think it all just depends.

One word of wisdom about the buses: The MDE app will show you when buses will arrive at your particular stop. Try to be about 5 minutes ahead of those times. My DH and I ended up having to run for our bus stop a few times because the buses came sooner than the app had quoted us. Remember, it all depends on how many people got on at the previous stop(s). In our case, it was probably none on those times we had to run!

Generally speaking, not too long (probably 8-10 min. at the VERY most), but it probably depends on the time you leave. For example, last week we took the buses frequently to Disney Springs in the afternoon to early evening. We never had a crowded bus, and usually, only one or two groups at MOST got on the bus at each stop. Oftentimes, no one got on, so the bus stopped, open the doors, waited about 30 seconds, and took off. However, I'm sure going to the parks in the morning, it might take more around the 8-10 min. range. I think it all just depends.

One word of wisdom about the buses: The MDE app will show you when buses will arrive at your particular stop. Try to be about 5 minutes ahead of those times. My DH and I ended up having to run for our bus stop a few times because the buses came sooner than the app had quoted us. Remember, it all depends on how many people got on at the previous stop(s). In our case, it was probably none on those times we had to run!

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep that in mind. We've actually booked our holiday today for Disney and we're so excited. Will be our first Disney holiday and my 40th birthday just as we are due to come back.... Roll on November 2019

We haven't stayed at CSR since 2013, so we're excited about our upcoming 10 day stay in October. Given that some rooms are out of commission for refurbishment, as well as an entire building out of commission due to the tower construction, would anyone say that the resort feels empty? Or at least noticeably less busy/crowded than prior trips before the construction started? I'm wondering the food court and buses should be mostly manageable in terms of how busy they are, with rooms out of commission and potentially a convention on-site during our dates.

Curious if it anyone has found a noticeable difference in how busy the resort feels or not so much. Thanks!

Also - anyone know how long Pepper Market is expected to be under construction? I just saw today that about half of it is closed with not many food options. Thanks!

Has anyone done the Character Couture at the Salon at CSR for an adult? Opinions? I'm batting it around in my head and need some input to make a decision. Thx

Just wondering if you booked preferred and requested main floor close to bus stop where would you be? 1,2 or 3?

Sorry if this has already been asked. We are staying end of October, early November. Do you know what buildings would have the most construction noise at that point?

Last edited:
We haven't stayed at CSR since 2013, so we're excited about our upcoming 10 day stay in October. Given that some rooms are out of commission for refurbishment, as well as an entire building out of commission due to the tower construction, would anyone say that the resort feels empty? Or at least noticeably less busy/crowded than prior trips before the construction started? I'm wondering the food court and buses should be mostly manageable in terms of how busy they are, with rooms out of commission and potentially a convention on-site during our dates.

Curious if it anyone has found a noticeable difference in how busy the resort feels or not so much. Thanks!

Here now. Definitely feels empty but there doesn't appear to be any very large conventions right now, just a car show or something similar. Hardly any cars in the lots, few people on buses, no crowd at pepper market. We had lunch at Siestas so I can't speak to pepper Market lunch options but breakfast had everything we wanted - make your own omelette and Mickey waffles. Siesta nachos were perfect for lunch. We also had Rix Sports bar for lunch one day - basically the same price as QS and with tables in wonderland it made the gratuity a wash. Really enjoyed that! I'm thinking you will enjoy it like we have. Very obvious construction but lovely nevertheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter