Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like many it seems, we are PO refugees! :) Hoping to stay at CSR in November with free dining but we are not DV holders so we have to wait until the 7th to book.

I have a couple of questions since we have never stayed at CSR before. We'll be travelling with a 13 year old DS and a 3 year old DD. We don't typically use the pool much, and we'll be going on a cruise right after our Disney stay so I'm not too worried about being near the pool, but would like to be near a bus stop so that we can get around easily. What would be the best building for us?

We're hoping for a first floor room but in case we don't get that, do the buildings at CSR have elevators?

Anything else we should know? I am a bit worried that the kids won't have as much fun at CSR--we stayed in a Royal Room at POR last year and they LOVED that so I'm wondering if CSR will be a bit of a letdown. :( I'm excited about it though, it's the only moderate we've never done and I've been wanting to try it. :)

Again, another POR that switched to CSR for FD! Both were choices when I first reserved but POR won out. I researched and new all about POR then FD forced the switch. I'm excited to learn more about CSR......

Like the last post - my main question is what is the elevator situation?

What's the possibility of getting Cabanas 8B if I get a waterview room?

Oh, and we are going at Christmas time and my birthday!!!! Dec 13th-20th

Like many it seems, we are PO refugees! :) Hoping to stay at CSR in November with free dining but we are not DV holders so we have to wait until the 7th to book.

I have a couple of questions since we have never stayed at CSR before. We'll be travelling with a 13 year old DS and a 3 year old DD. We don't typically use the pool much, and we'll be going on a cruise right after our Disney stay so I'm not too worried about being near the pool, but would like to be near a bus stop so that we can get around easily. What would be the best building for us?

We're hoping for a first floor room but in case we don't get that, do the buildings at CSR have elevators?

Anything else we should know? I am a bit worried that the kids won't have as much fun at CSR--we stayed in a Royal Room at POR last year and they LOVED that so I'm wondering if CSR will be a bit of a letdown. :( I'm excited about it though, it's the only moderate we've never done and I've been wanting to try it. :)

CSR is a beautiful resort!

The kids will LOVE the pool! It has (I believe) the longest slide of all the resorts. It's a good one!

IMGP7102 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP0523 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP7098 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP0509 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP0512 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

The "quiet" pools in the different areas are amazing too! We enjoyed both The Dig Site AND the quiet pool.

IMGP7078 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

0406121304 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Turtles and fish in the lake!

IMGP0483 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Super yummy Gelato at Café Rix!

IMGP7139 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Yes there are elevators! This is located right next to our elevators in Cabanas 9A.

IMGP7148 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

My DS11 loved it here! He really enjoyed checking out his magazine while chillin' on a hammock. The little one will enjoy playing in the soft sand there!! There's also a sand play area in the playground over by The Dig Site.

0406121330 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Hopefully they will love it at CSR.

One thing I would consider is looking at going to bus stop 4 instead of the stop at the main entrance because that actually ends up being the last of four stops and at times that bus will be full before it gets to you

That's EXACTLY the type of info I am looking for. Thank you...:flower3: If you think of anything else PLEASE post!

Just booked CSR for a birthday trip the last week of Sept. Haven't been there since honeymoon in 2001 and we've been loyal to POFQ but switched for free dining. Hoping the kids will like it since they've never been. Looking forward to any info and tips I can get from everyone. Thanks in advance!!

Yay! Just booked for the first time starting November 1st! Also booked business class, sounds like the location and extra food and drink will be worth the upgrade! I am hoping to add free dining next week when it becomes available to the GP. Any additional info on business class or the resort itself would be fantastic! Can't wait!!'

Yeah, we are debating business class vs. regular too. I usually go to the store to buy groceries to eat in the room for breakfast and I'm wondering if it wouldn't be easier to just go to the business class lounge and have breakfast there.

Our dates are going to be Nov 9-17 with a 4 day cruise on the Dream to follow. Anyone going around that time? :)

My TA just applied FD to our CSR -business class trip on nov 15-20 today as well. I'm excited to try it out. We've only stayed at CSR once before and our then 4 yr old daughter had migraines for most of the trip and we were stuck in our room. Not much sight seeing then around the resort. Looking forward to it!!

We are staying at CS for the first time in October (boo about no FD but Oh Well :)) we are taking our just turned 4 yr old for her first trip and the ILs are coming along.

I requested 8B to be close to transportation and El Centro. Can anyone give me an idea about how long the walk to the main building is, MMV I know but a general idea of what to expect?

We'll probably be going there to get breakfast most mornings as my BIL doesn't really eat cereal/carbs :confused3 so want to know what we are looking at in terms of mornings.

I know with other resorts, there is a fax number for the resort that you can also fax in your special request a week before you go (in addition to having listed on your reservation). Does anyone know if there is one for CSR?

Can anyone tell me if the king rooms are in specific buildings or just scattered throughout the whole resort?

We are heading down in less than two weeks... this will be our 8 stay at CSR... love it...

Got in at exactly 7 a.m., no wait at all plus no automated prompts, I realize how lucky I was! No problem changing from POFQ Sept. 6-Sept. 12, to Cabanas 9b, with a 2nd floor request and FD. I can't wait! :goodvibes

Also had no problems flipping my POFQ to CSR ... 11/8-11/15
Yay!!!

We will be at Coronado springs in October. The Travel Planner Int. Conference is there the same week. Have any of you had any experiences being there when they are? Do they take over the pool and beach areas? Any info on this would be appreciated.

We will be at Coronado springs in October. The Travel Planner Int. Conference is there the same week. Have any of you had any experiences being there when they are? Do they take over the pool and beach areas? Any info on this would be appreciated.

How did you find out what conference was there on your week? Would love that info for our week! Thanks!

There was a list close to the front of the old thread. It is very helpful. I assume it will be added here soon since this thread has just begun. Thank you Tinker Belle for starting the new thread. I know it is time consuming, and we all really appreciate it. Looking forward to our trip in October.

We are booked for Sept 12 - 20, just need to add FD next week. We were there for our honeymoon last year, and this will be our first anniversary trip.

How did you find out what conference was there on your week? Would love that info for our week! Thanks!

Post #5 in the old thread lists them.
Copy and Posting *I'll edit and remove if that isn't OK*

January 3-5, Savvy Sale Owners Conference
January 5-6, NAFTZ Conference
January 6-10, Advanced Examiners Conference
January 15-18, CPC East
January 22-24, Generac Dealer Conference
January 24, Disney Bloggers Networking Conference
January 25-26, HOSA State Officers Planning Meeting
January 30-February 2, Carquest and Tech-Net Business Conference

February 3-4, Training Conference and Expo
February 3-7, 5-Day PANCE/PANRE Review Course
February 9-13, Grainger Show (held at Convention Center)
February 10-13, SSPC 2014
February 17-19, Purina Convention

March 3-8, Professional Women Controllers/Women in Aviation Conference
March 12-14, FCC Administrators' Conference
March 30-April 2, Spring World 2014

April 3-5, AFCP Annual Conference
April 3-6, HOSA Leadership Conference
April 6-10, Florida Water Resources Conference
April 23-25, Early Learning Leaders National Conference
April 24-26, FSNA Annual Conference

May 4-7, LRP National Institute
May 15-17, Focus Spring Conference
May 20-22, ABC Kids Spring Educational Conference
May 28-June 1, L5R Kotei Tournament

June 9-13, DMGCME Dream Conference
June 14-18, AWHONN Convention
June 19-22, USA Gymnastics
June 25-29, HOSA National Leadership Conference

July 16-19, ANPD Annual Conference
July 20-23, FFTA Annual Conference
July 24-27, DPhiE Convention

August 2-5, ALPFA National Convention
August 17-20, NNOHA Conference (proposed?)
August 29-September 1, AC Arthur's Reader Appreciation Event

September 12-18, IMATA Conference
September 19-22, Association of School Business Officials Annual Meeting
September 21-23, APIC EPI Course

October 8-12: Travel Planners International
October 14-15: YoCream University
October 18-24: Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians
October 19-23: IESALC Conference
October 22-23: American Association of Zoo Veterinarians
October 26-29, Learning 2014
October 30-November 1: IWCA-NCPTW Conference
October 31-November 2: GBS-CIPD Int'l Symposium

November 20-22: IWLCA

Disclaimer this is not a full and complete list just a list compiled from people checking the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter