Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I don’t know the exact answer, but I can share what I did in a similar situationFor regular fireworks there is a channel on tv that plays the music. Since they changed to the smart TVs, I’ve had a hard time finding the channel, so hopefully someone can chime in with the number. I’m not sure if the special fireworks also are played on that channel, but we recently stayed during a Halloween party night and went outside to watch them and I just used my iPhone and found a YouTube video of the Halloween fireworks and sync my phone up right when they started and turned the volume up. I hope someone else can give you a more accurate answer. Enjoy your trip. 😀

We usually stay in a 1 bedroom villa but because we booked late staying in a garden view room contemporary I know the laundry room is located on the 2nd floor but was wondering if anyone has ever used an outside service that comes pick ups clean your clothes and brings back thank you

Staying at Contemporary for the first time for a few nights here in a couple of weeks. I get in late on a Friday afternoon and there's a Christmas party that night. I decided not to attend but want to watch the fireworks from my balcony (I have TPV). My question is, when they do the Christmas party, do they pipe the music in to your room for those fireworks shows too? Or is it only for HEA?
The last time that I stayed at the CR (Tower - MK View) was October 2021. At that time, they did play the music for the Halloween fireworks from MNSSHP in the guest rooms. Seems like the music was on channel 105. That was before the smart tv's were installed.

I think it’s channel 72 under the current smart TV setup. It’s easy to find if you scroll around. The channel runs the old TV welcome screen and audio (where it would scroll from park to park with hours, info, etc) and will switch to the fireworks audio track at showtime.

Always surprised at the fact only CR does this and not GF or Poly.

Last month I had a theme park view room for a couple of nights and was watching HEA with music from the TV channel. The music was synchronised to the fireworks - on one night I remember HEA started 5 minutes early, and the music on the TV channel also started 5 minutes early so that it matched the timing of the fireworks.

Given they are able to match the timing of the music on the TV channel to the fireworks - I'd hope they would also match the music for the special Halloween/Christmas fireworks!

The last time that I stayed at the CR (Tower - MK View) was October 2021. At that time, they did play the music for the Halloween fireworks from MNSSHP in the guest rooms. Seems like the music was on channel 105. That was before the smart tv's were installed.

I think it’s channel 72 under the current smart TV setup. It’s easy to find if you scroll around. The channel runs the old TV welcome screen and audio (where it would scroll from park to park with hours, info, etc) and will switch to the fireworks audio track at showtime.

Always surprised at the fact only CR does this and not GF or Poly.
Oh this explains why the front desk CMs first told me they thought it was one channel then went to check and came back and told me it was another channel!

And agree it's very easy to find on the TV - I was worried as I don't normally use TVs and am quite lost around TV remote controls but still managed to find it after scrolling a bit. Think it was the highest numbered channel so if I scrolled up it came up (if I'm not wrong).

Couple of quick BLT questions if anyone might know:

1) Are the refrigerators in the 1 and 2 bedroom villas magnetic?

2) Does bell services still accept grocery deliveries (or do you have to meet the delivery person)?

3) I know there are restrictions on decorations that can be viewed from outside the villa (although I saw some crazy balcony decorations the last time we stayed at BLT in 2014), but would I be able to get away with putting up some snowflake window clings?

Couple of quick BLT questions if anyone might know:

1) Are the refrigerators in the 1 and 2 bedroom villas magnetic?

2) Does bell services still accept grocery deliveries (or do you have to meet the delivery person)?

3) I know there are restrictions on decorations that can be viewed from outside the villa (although I saw some crazy balcony decorations the last time we stayed at BLT in 2014), but would I be able to get away with putting up some snowflake window clings?
Don't know the first two. I am not an owner I book cash reservations. I hung up all kinds of stuff after dd's engagement. I knew he was proposing so brought stuff. I used those temporary wall hooks and removed everything when I was done.

No one said a word . I have seen Christmas lights out there over the years . However owners may have different rules so I am not sure what is allowed.

Hi! I had a question about in-room dining...I read the menu on the dining post at the beginning of the thread and it says "Full bar available"- does that mean you can order a bottle of bubbly? I would think so but hoping someone might be able to confirm...

My sister and her family are staying at the CR to celebrate a milestone birthday - they are actually moving from a different resort on her birthday and then going to the MK Christmas Party.

So, the rest of the sisters want to send something to the room - we've batted around some ideas (cakes, Disney floral, off-site gift basket/bubbly delivery (but it sounds like they'd need to be there to accept alcohol), etc.) and then we were thinking it might be easier to have our niece just order room service with some bubs and maybe chocolate covered strawberries, or the chocolate monorail or something. Just in case they are rushed for time or something, then she could do it at a convenient time or even the next day. Thanks!

Hi! I had a question about in-room dining...I read the menu on the dining post at the beginning of the thread and it says "Full bar available"- does that mean you can order a bottle of bubbly? I would think so but hoping someone might be able to confirm...

My sister and her family are staying at the CR to celebrate a milestone birthday - they are actually moving from a different resort on her birthday and then going to the MK Christmas Party.

So, the rest of the sisters want to send something to the room - we've batted around some ideas (cakes, Disney floral, off-site gift basket/bubbly delivery (but it sounds like they'd need to be there to accept alcohol), etc.) and then we were thinking it might be easier to have our niece just order room service with some bubs and maybe chocolate covered strawberries, or the chocolate monorail or something. Just in case they are rushed for time or something, then she could do it at a convenient time or even the next day. Thanks!

Well, not to be the bearer of bad news, but in room dining did not return to any resort (except for GF) after Covid. Presumably that’s a permanent change at this point. :-(

Well, not to be the bearer of bad news, but in room dining did not return to any resort (except for GF) after Covid. Presumably that’s a permanent change at this point. :-(

Well, that's too bad but good to know - thanks for the reply. I had wondered about that because I had heard that it hadn't come back for most of the resorts, but the link in the dining post from AllEars says 2023 In-Room Dining so I was hopeful...Back to the drawing board...thanks again

Hello! We are headed to the Contemporary in a month. Flying down instead of driving, for the first time in many years. We make hot tea in our room morning and night, and for week-long vacations, that equates to about a case of bottled water. I’m interested in hearing what options there are, with associated costs, to obtain a case of water. Thank you! 😊

Yaksack, thank you. He does buy coffee there at breakfast. But he has special tea that he brings to brew in the room. 😊☕

The fantasia market on the 4th floor sells water. Last time I was there they did not have cases anymore, so you have to buy individual 20 0z (or bigger) bottles. I think each bottle was around $3.50-3.99 (you can use AP discount in retail store). Each room has a small one cup Keurig coffee machine that you could use for hot water. The 4th floor Contempo cafe also has a tap that is specifically dedicated to hot water for tea. Hope that helps. Have a good trip.

Could probably order a case from instacart, Walmart etc....bell services will hold a grocery delivery so long as there is no alcohol. Don't know prices but definitely less than you'd be paying at the gift shop.
Also (and this is random) but a filtration bottle much like a portable Britta is an option that wouldn't take up much room in your suitcase. Fill it at night it will be ready to go for the morning, fill it in the morning ready for the night.

Hi, all! I secured a last-minute DVC rental for NYE at Bay Lake Tower (Lake View). What time do they start distributing wristbands for fireworks viewing from the Contemporary viewing area? Historically speaking, do Guests start filling that area crazy early?

Hi, all! I secured a last-minute DVC rental for NYE at Bay Lake Tower (Lake View). What time do they start distributing wristbands for fireworks viewing from the Contemporary viewing area? Historically speaking, do Guests start filling that area crazy early?
I was at Contemporary last NYE and I don't remember seeing them distribute wristbands...the only resort I know of that does that is Poly. I didn't try to watch the fireworks from the 4th floor though, so maybe I missed it? The NYE party out in the courtyard was fun though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter