Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Fill your mug at Contempo on the 4th floor and then walk all the way over by fantasia store (by big wall of windows) and sit in the chairs inside or go outside on the 4th floor observation deck and sit on the benches that are out there. Direct and very close view of the castle and monorails—can’t beat it. Enjoy
That sounds wonderful. Thank you.

My husband and I will be staying in a theme park view room for our first ever trip to Disney World in February! What are everyone's best tips and advice for staying at the Contemporary? Thanks!

My husband and I will be staying in a theme park view room for our first ever trip to Disney World in February! What are everyone's best tips and advice for staying at the Contemporary? Thanks!
If you are going to contempo from a theme park for a bite order while on the monorail or walking back. Click I'm here as you enter the building or as the monorail is coming in. By the time you get to the fourth floor food is ready!

And of course grab a rink at the bar or a cookie/ice cream and go out to the deck to watch the fireworks....or in your case back to the room :)

Our first trip was in the mid 90's to the Contemporary. I was not a fan when my wife and daughters told me we were going. Long story short I loved it. The Disney bubble is real. We wound up buying into DVC at the GF and at Contemporary. Having a theme park view is the best. There is a channel on your TV which plays the music if you don't go to one of the viewing areas. We crank up the volume on the TV and sit outside on our deck to watch most nights. The California grill is excellent. The monorail is easy to navigate and you are close to just about everything. Both Chef Mickeys and Contempo are good for breakfast or lunch. Go, have fun, and enjoy.

If you have time and energy for extra footsteps, take the opportunity to stroll about the grounds, especially after dark. It's tranquil and beautiful, and juxtaposes some of the more boisterous natures of WDW. It can be chill to walk the peer onto Bay Lake during the Electrical Water Pageant.

The running/walking paths are great too. Those encircling the Garden Wing have a special place in my heart; loved walking those in the mornings.

Check the weekly itinerary or ask about the various other goings-on like campfires, activities around the grounds, etc.

The beaches on Bay Lake can be relaxing; if the weather accommodates and you're looking to relax and soak up some sun, they may be worth checking out.

Be sure to drop in to Steakhouse 71, even just the lounge. Great update from the previous restaurant in The Wave (of American Flavors) with nice ambience, and quality menu.

Do a Monorail Crawl! :)

Take in the masterpiece that is the Mary Blair mural on the Grand Canyon Concourse.

Remember you can ship souvenirs back home from various locations across property, but a full-service shipping office is available on the ground level of the Convention Center.

And enjoy that Park View room! Catch the fireworks from your room if you care to; and they likely broadcast the music on one of the TV channels.

Have a magical time!

Attachments

• contemp.png
    contemp.png
    612.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
We have a theme park view booked for May; are there any rooms in that category that still have bathtubs? Any way to know? My ideal would be a king bed + bathtub, but not sure if that's even possible, or how to check.

I’ve had several different TPV rooms since the refurb and they have all had bathtubs. (It’s a deep bathtub). However, they all been two queens. We had one on the 8th floor, one on the 9th and 11th. I feel like most of the tower rooms still have bathtubs.

We have a theme park view booked for May; are there any rooms in that category that still have bathtubs? Any way to know? My ideal would be a king bed + bathtub, but not sure if that's even possible, or how to check.
That is a good question. We know the garden wing are all tubs. We also know there are mixed of tubs and stand alone showers in the Tower. However all of the king rooms excluding Tower Cl. that I have seen have had a shower. I think they assume a couple so did them that way.

All you can do is ask at check in and see what is available. Good luck!:daisy:

That is a good question. We know the garden wing are all tubs. We also know there are mixed of tubs and stand alone showers in the Tower. However all of the king rooms excluding Tower Cl. that I have seen have had a shower. I think they assume a couple so did them that way.

All you can do is ask at check in and see what is available. Good luck!:daisy:
I thought most of the garden wing had standup/walk-in showers bc the space is a little tighter in the bathrooms there?

Last edited:
I had it backwards! Yep my pix show a shower in garden wing.

Sorry! Dd got married last weekend and I am still brain dead exhausted 😅😂
I remembered a recent pic of yours showing the bathroom. 😀
I’m sure you’ve been really busy the last couple of weeks. You need another Disney vacation to unwind. 😉

Last edited:
I remembered a recent pic of yours showing the bathroom. 😀
I’m sure you’ve been really busy the couple of weeks. You need another Disney vacation to unwind. 😉
11/26 !

That brat I mean daughter will be at Disney Tuesday!
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter