Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Hey @MDEP do you see anything new happening at the CR or any updates on bus services or pools?

Dave
I’m not seeing much new Dave. Some things are closed like boat rentals but the pools are open. We dined at Calif Grill and everyone is spread out. Same everywhere, kind of nice but also weird in a way too.

Transportation is a sore spot. We’re eating dinner at Wilderness Lodge tonight. There are no transportation maps or schedules so we asked the bell desk how to get to and from. They said to walk to MK and catch a boat over (doesn’t stop here anymore) then to return take a bus to Disney Springs and another bus back here. I’m just going to drive - it’s like a mile away.

Transportation is a sore spot. We’re eating dinner at Wilderness Lodge tonight. There are no transportation maps or schedules so we asked the bell desk how to get to and from.
Yes that is a real downside with after park dining options. The good news is that you should have a very close parking spot over the the WL.

Enjoy your visit. And if you have itme we would like a followup on your adventures while at the world.

Dave

Yes, that’s it. From far away it looked like it was marking off the doors. It was totally the the artwork. Thanks for solving the mystery. 😀

I’m not seeing much new Dave. Some things are closed like boat rentals but the pools are open. We dined at Calif Grill and everyone is spread out. Same everywhere, kind of nice but also weird in a way too.

Transportation is a sore spot. We’re eating dinner at Wilderness Lodge tonight. There are no transportation maps or schedules so we asked the bell desk how to get to and from. They said to walk to MK and catch a boat over (doesn’t stop here anymore) then to return take a bus to Disney Springs and another bus back here. I’m just going to drive - it’s like a mile away.
We drove over there without an ADR a couple of weeks ago. Told guard we were there to eat at Geyser Point. He checked our ID and let us in. We were staying at the Poly that night . I asked guard at Poly what the policy was for resort hopping. He didn’t have a clear answer but he did say that if you had an ADR or a mobile order, they were supposed to let you in. We were able to get into WL without either. Geyser Point was definitely worth the trip.

Is Joffreys at the contemporary still closed? Contempo grounds or whatever it's called.
If so, where can you grab a latte or mocha in the morning?

Is Joffreys at the contemporary still closed? Contempo grounds or whatever it's called.
If so, where can you grab a latte or mocha in the morning?

Contemporary Grounds is still closed as far as I know.

Going to be slim pickings’ for lattes and mochas unless I’m missing something.

NOOOO!! My fears confirmed... Thanks. This is a bigger deal to me than no fireworks and electric light parade lol. I can function without them... Without my coffee of the other hand...
I am glad to see someone else shares my fears!!!!

I used the Keurig in the room but dd only drinks iced coffee. At least the Starbucks in the parks have a shorter line now. However some parks open so late currently That is not convenient. We did run to DS our Epcot day and she got her beverage there then we bused to BC and walked in from there.

I'll be in a Studio at BLT in January now. I was going to be in a Poly Studio, but my TA is awesome and knows that the Poly has been a dream of mine since I was a kid so SHE wants it to be as close to perfect too - so I knew if she was emailing that whatever they're doing to the GCH would be bigger than the initial release (prior to them saying "no monorail service" seemed to indicate. We talked over my options and BLT won. :)

Now to reset my mind and do BLT/Contemporary research.

I'll be in a Studio at BLT in January now. I was going to be in a Poly Studio, but my TA is awesome and knows that the Poly has been a dream of mine since I was a kid so SHE wants it to be as close to perfect too - so I knew if she was emailing that whatever they're doing to the GCH would be bigger than the initial release (prior to them saying "no monorail service" seemed to indicate. We talked over my options and BLT won. :)

Now to reset my mind and do BLT/Contemporary research.
We did a split stay at the Poly and BLT earlier this month. We had a studio at the Poly and a 1BR at BLT. The Poly has always been my favorite but BLT gave it a run for the money. The room was so nice. We had a Lake View overlooking the pool on the 10th floor. The view by the elevator was a direct shot of the MK. Both resorts were great. I was a little disappointed in Contempo Cafe. I liked Captain Cook’s much better.

We did a split stay at the Poly and BLT earlier this month. We had a studio at the Poly and a 1BR at BLT. The Poly has always been my favorite but BLT gave it a run for the money. The room was so nice. We had a Lake View overlooking the pool on the 10th floor. The view by the elevator was a direct shot of the MK. Both resorts were great. I was a little disappointed in Contempo Cafe. I liked Captain Cook’s much better.

Great to hear!

I was excited to try Capt Cook's - I've done Contempo a few times as a break from MK for lunch or dinner.

Hello! Just moved our resort to a one bedroom lake view from the Poly standard due to the Poly being closed during our June 2021 trip. I have a bit of reading to do as I don't know anything about BLT. We have stayed at the Poly before and really liked it. I was a bit bummed that I had to find a different resort, but also excited to check out a different resort.

Is there anywhere at BLT to refill mugs or do you have to walk over to the Contemporary?

BLT is a DVC resort. DVC news is usually posted on the DVC boards. So, no, not buried on the DVC thread. That's where is should be. At the top of each DVC Board, there is a sticky thread called the DVC Resource thread. It has almost everything you want to know about DVC resorts.
Is there anywhere at BLT to refill mugs or do you have to walk over to the Contemporary?
You can get refills at the BLT pool or at the Contempo Cafe.

Last edited:
We loved the convenience of CR but felt the rooms a bit dated so I just moved to BLT in a 1 bedroom. Only std offered but we had a TPV last trip so that’s ok. Love AP 40% off.

Now I’m going to check those charts I just referred to to see what my options may be,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter