Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

we usually just pack a few bottles of washed out 20oz soda bottles double bagged in our luggage....but if we just did carryone I can't do that!

As long as they are empty, there is no issue taking bottles through security.

As long as they are empty, there is no issue taking bottles through security.
oh no, I mean, we fill the washed out bottles with distilled water and bring them for the c-pap machine vs. buying a gallon of water at the hotel....

For anyone who has visited
CR since the reopening, is the water feature/kids water playground on at the pool area?

oh no, I mean, we fill the washed out bottles with distilled water and bring them for the c-pap machine vs. buying a gallon of water at the hotel....

Ah. Gotcha. Yeah, that would require checking them.

Thanks so much for posting these - I was wondering how they were doing Chef Mickey's! We hardly ever book breakfast since we want to be in the parks at rope drop, but this would be the perfect time since the parks are opening later. Looks like a ton of food - how was the quality?

Thanks so much for posting these - I was wondering how they were doing Chef Mickey's! We hardly ever book breakfast since we want to be in the parks at rope drop, but this would be the perfect time since the parks are opening later. Looks like a ton of food - how was the quality?
Good but not amazing as dd would say, she the foodie of the 2 of us. However everything was hot and fresh. Her only complaint was the waffles/pancakes were a little dry. She was comparing them to staying at GF in rpc were they make them fresh in front of you and there’s strawberry sauce and whipped cream. Really that’s not a for comparison lol.

The next morning we did Kona at poly. The macadamia pancakes were amazing one of a kind breakfast.
2 different experiences yet I enjoyed both.

We were there Wednesday to Sunday morning. Both the the resort and parks were quieter on the weekdays vs weekend.

The only issue we had with the buses was getting to HS. Everybody is going early to get a boarding pass vs the other parks people arrive different times. We were at Poly for breakfast and there were so many people waiting we used uber instead.

1/2 the time we were only ones on the bus. Out of the 5 days only once did we have 6 boarding groups the max at HS at 8pm park close.

We walked to MK Sat and Sun. We got to MK around 8:40 Saturday and rode tons in the morning. Sunday we got to security on the path at 8am. They did temp check at 8:15 and we walked 1/2 way to MK and held there until 8:23. Then they walked us to turn styles arriving 8:28. At 8:30 they let us in and the rides were open. We did SDMT, 3 SM, buzz, and pirates and left park at 10am.

Pools had plenty of seating and bullseye pool often was empty.

The elevator midday never was an issue. There were short waits after 6pm. Sometimes in the morning too. Overall not an issue.

We ate at CG 1st night. Thursday was breakfast at CM’s, lunch at Epcot in the QS in Mexico with outdoor seating by the water. That night we went back to Epcot and had booth items for dinner.

Friday breakfast at Kona then QS at HS backlot express. That night when we went back we had the cheese plate and steak puff at Baseline tap house, That is walk up and was better than we expected. That night I mobile ordered a cupcake from CC at CR.

Sat we did cosmos rays early lunch. We stopped at Enchanted Rose on the way back to MK at 4p. Then after leaving park we stopped and changed and went to Tambu at Poly. We got bothflatbreads and best I have ever had. The seafood one was so good. Chucks of seafood. Dd had a lapu lapu. 🍍 I mobile ordered a Aloha cupcake from Capt Cooks to take back to our room.

We felt we needed to plan each meal. Not being able to park hop changed things, However in the end we felt we did a good job and tried some new things, but got some favorites too.

oh waiting for Epcot at 11 was boring so we went to DS and shopped. We bused to BC and walked in from there around 1p.

After trying the deluxe suite at CSR and a 1 br at RR which are both new the CR really felt dated. However we have lots of memories of these rooms and always enjoy our castle view so we enjoyed it anyways, My next trip I would like to do GF if it opens as planned. We shall see!

Thanks for the photos and information! Can you tell me how these flatbreads compare to the ones at Contempo?
The main thing was the toppings. I really enjoyed the seafood one. I needed a fork to get the pieces that fell off!
I did get a flatbread at CR. I’m not sure if it was the bread or that it was boxed but it was soggy. Getting the bread hot and fresh on a plate made it taste more crispy at Poly.

The main thing was the toppings. I really enjoyed the seafood one. I needed a fork to get the pieces that fell off!
I did get a flatbread at CR. I’m not sure if it was the bread or that it was boxed but it was soggy. Getting the bread hot and fresh on a plate made it taste more crispy at Poly.
I ordered the meat lovers flatbread at Contempo earlier this month. I agree, it was kind of soggy. My wife and son got the hot turkey sandwich and it was very good.

I did order a flatbread at Captain Cook’s last year and I thought it was pretty good.

I ordered the meat lovers flatbread at Contempo earlier this month. I agree, it was kind of soggy. My wife and son got the hot turkey sandwich and it was very good.

I did order a flatbread at Captain Cook’s last year and I thought it was pretty good.
I have been getting flatbreads at the mono resorts for years. These were the best! The toppings were top notch and bread was tastier.

Good but not amazing as dd would say, she the foodie of the 2 of us. However everything was hot and fresh. Her only complaint was the waffles/pancakes were a little dry. She was comparing them to staying at GF in rpc were they make them fresh in front of you and there’s strawberry sauce and whipped cream. Really that’s not a for comparison lol.

The next morning we did Kona at poly. The macadamia pancakes were amazing one of a kind breakfast.
2 different experiences yet I enjoyed both.
Ah, forgot about Kona at the Poly - maybe will try there. Our DHS morning would be best since the park doesn't open until 10am, but CM's doesn't have any availability that day. For now I booked The Wave for breakfast that morning - loved their buffet in the past, not sure how it will be as a served meal.

And thanks for the review and pictures. We're just 10 days away now and I'm starting to get excited!

Ah, forgot about Kona at the Poly - maybe will try there. Our DHS morning would be best since the park doesn't open until 10am, but CM's doesn't have any availability that day. For now I booked The Wave for breakfast that morning - loved their buffet in the past, not sure how it will be as a served meal.

And thanks for the review and pictures. We're just 10 days away now and I'm starting to get excited!
It will be different but so fun! The low crowds are quite the experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter