Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Good Day All!

We just got our Waitlist for BLT!!!!! We are heading there early December, and have never stayed at BLT before. We have a " lake view" 2 bedroom Villa, and from what have read, i want North Tower, High Floor, and even number room... Can some one guide me to photos of the views from the different rooms ( we have stayed at Aulani, and the Disboard site basically showed EVERY view from every room ) was looking for something like that, also looking for suggestions if we should consider something else...

Thanks all!!!
Glen

Good Day All!

We just got our Waitlist for BLT!!!!! We are heading there early December, and have never stayed at BLT before. We have a " lake view" 2 bedroom Villa, and from what have read, i want North Tower, High Floor, and even number room... Can some one guide me to photos of the views from the different rooms ( we have stayed at Aulani, and the Disboard site basically showed EVERY view from every room ) was looking for something like that, also looking for suggestions if we should consider something else...

Thanks all!!!
Glen

If you are on the waitlist, what happens to your current reservation? Is it valid until you get in the BLT?

The original reservation was In SSR, that reservation was valid till we got our BLT wait list filled, the original reservation is automagically canceled... i did have to call to get them to cancel my other wait list at boardwalk...

Good Day All!

Thanks all!!!
Glen
This is a Lakeview from the 10th floor. We were in room 8035. It was a 1BR villa though. I requested a location similar to what you mentioned but didn’t get it.

Attachments

• 8271DB12-7945-4514-BC43-6B106FD12257.jpeg
    8271DB12-7945-4514-BC43-6B106FD12257.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 30

If you are on the waitlist, what happens to your current reservation? Is it valid until you get in the BLT?
A waitlist is only via DVC. If the waitlist comes through, it modifies the existing reservation to the waitlisted reservation.

Good Day All!

Thanks all!!!
Glen
There is only one tower. So North end, even number, high floor.

Just happened to be watching a monorail loop video. It was very recent bc it had all the social distancing markers and everyone was wearing masks. When the monorail came through the CR and stopped, I noticed what looked like a paper sign on every other room door alternating on each floor. Has anyone who has been there recently or is there currently confirm? Are they marking off the rooms so they are only putting guests in every other room? Thanks.

Anyone have updates on how the fitness center is currently operating? I know masks will be required

Good Day All!

Thanks all!!!
Glen
The only rooms that are 2 br lake view end in 02 or a few on top ending in 12. We had a room ending in 04 once,

The map is old but the far left orange column is the 02’s. The views off an old phone but we had view of lake straight out and SM and the castle to our left.
AC99E88B-0BAB-4DCA-961B-810FFC37EC39.png57474228-09AC-45CB-B971-1ACA488C0335.png37EFF931-AF01-4F89-A3ED-41FF82077F42.png

Just happened to be watching a monorail loop video. It was very recent bc it had all the social distancing markers and everyone was wearing masks. When the monorail came through the CR and stopped, I noticed what looked like a paper sign on every other room door alternating on each floor. Has anyone who has been there recently or is there currently confirm? Are they marking off the rooms so they are only putting guests in every other room? Thanks.
We were on the 11th floor. There was someone in every room from about 38-48. Pretty much all of 11 was full. We did not see any signs and we were there 8/19-23. Sorry
Anyone have updates on how the fitness center is currently operating? I know masks will be required
dd said it was open but not the spa. We had a girl get off our elevator to the 3rd floor with gym clothes on too.

and do you think they sell distilled water for C-Pap machines?

thanks!!

I've never stayed at The contmeporary but will in March. But I know the gift shop at Wilderness Lodge sells distilled water and told me all the resorts have it in their gift shops. You do have to ask for it though because they have to go to the back and get it. It isn't something they keep on the shelf. It just costs a few dollars. It was worth paying that so we didn't have to bring any for hubby's machine last August.

I've never stayed at The contmeporary but will in March. But I know the gift shop at Wilderness Lodge sells distilled water and told me all the resorts have it in their gift shops. You do have to ask for it though because they have to go to the back and get it. It isn't something they keep on the shelf. It just costs a few dollars. It was worth paying that so we didn't have to bring any for hubby's machine last August.
thanks!!

How late is the resort monorail currently unning, please? If we have dinner at Kona, I'm wondering how late we can stay and still return to CR via Disney transportation. Thanks.

Monorail hours from two weeks ago.

Attachments

• 7C0E8EFC-910D-4047-B42D-3EB7912436CB.jpeg
    7C0E8EFC-910D-4047-B42D-3EB7912436CB.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 43
I’m there now and I see no signs. There is artwork between the doors that might appear as you describe though. We got 10th Floor Parkview 😜 but no fireworks 😭

I’m there now and I see no signs. There is artwork between the doors that might appear as you describe though. We got 10th Floor Parkview 😜 but no fireworks 😭
Perhaps I saw the room number placards and or likely the artwork as you said and thought they were signs.
I forgot there was artwork in the hallways.
Thanks.
Enjoy your stay & your view! 😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter