• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. - Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Staying in a 2 bedroom lake view I want to request marina/contemporary side. Should I ask for high floor south side? Does even or odd numbered make a difference

Hi all! We leave for our first stay at BLT in just 4 short days! Quick question: what brand of shampoo/conditioner/soap does Disney currently provide here?

Does anyone know if whole milk is available for purchase in the resort store? Restaurant menus don't have it listed as an option but thought maybe the resort would have it in a half gallon or gallon size. Traveling with our 1 year old and have never had to think about these things before!

Does anyone know if whole milk is available for purchase in the resort store? Restaurant menus don't have it listed as an option but thought maybe the resort would have it in a half gallon or gallon size. Traveling with our 1 year old and have never had to think about these things before!

From post #4 on the front page: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...n-and-questions-thread.3248210/#post-50933375

It looks like one of the coolers does have half-gallon jugs of milk, in whole, 1% and skim (if they use the standard colors).

From post #4 on the front page: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...n-and-questions-thread.3248210/#post-50933375

It looks like one of the coolers does have half-gallon jugs of milk, in whole, 1% and skim (if they use the standard colors).

Thanks! I saw the picture but wasn't sure how old it was and if anyone had any recent experience with finding it. I read an older post saying that it isn't an easy find throughout the parks so I was just hoping that we could at least find it in the store. :earsboy:

Yes, that would be among the more common requests for many folks. Note, rooms are assigned around 5 days ahead of time, so your room is likely already assigned. Were you planning on asking at check-in?

Quick question - are rooms really assigned?

I stayed at BLT in mid July - we arrived very early (around 9 am) - and when we checked in - I was offered a choice of two rooms. Both lake\pool view - two different floors. Both were not ready yet (studio) - I think it was something like the 8th or 11th.

I questioned which had the better view. I was told both were really good. So then I said - do you know which room will be ready first - they then called mousekeeping who advised that the 8th floor room would be ready first. So we took that one. (It was a view of the CR pools & lake. Nice to look at - and if we stood up, we could see the monorail leaving the resort). Never knew what the other view would have been - it was ready around 2 pm.

I always thought you were assigned "a" room - especially when using points. This post reminded me that I had a choice at time of check-in. Was wondering if this is ordinary?

Also as an aside - once staying at a BWV studio standard view - they placed me on the first floor facing the Swan - near that open soccer-like field. It was all the way at the end of a dark hallway & I did not feel safe there (staying alone). So I went back to the front desk & asked to be moved. They kind of gave me a hard time about it. I told them that I needed to be off the first floor & in a populated space (not the end of a dark hallway). I had to emphasize the security aspect of it. Eventually I was given another room on the 4th floor with an obstructed view of the pool. I think that was the hold up - they didn't want me "upgrading" to a better view I guess.

Sorry for yet another question. Is there a place to change near the pool? I am switching between Contemporary and BLT and using my switch day as a pool day before BLT studio is ready. Just curious in case I decide to venture away from the pool for a late lunch.

Another question, traveling with 4 adults and an 18 month year old. Staying in a one bedroom villa. Would it be feasible to put the pack and play in the room with the bathtub? Just trying to think of a quiet place for him.

Quick question - are rooms really assigned?

I stayed at BLT in mid July - we arrived very early (around 9 am) - and when we checked in - I was offered a choice of two rooms. Both lake\pool view - two different floors. Both were not ready yet (studio) - I think it was something like the 8th or 11th.

I questioned which had the better view. I was told both were really good. So then I said - do you know which room will be ready first - they then called mousekeeping who advised that the 8th floor room would be ready first. So we took that one. (It was a view of the CR pools & lake. Nice to look at - and if we stood up, we could see the monorail leaving the resort). Never knew what the other view would have been - it was ready around 2 pm.

I always thought you were assigned "a" room - especially when using points. This post reminded me that I had a choice at time of check-in. Was wondering if this is ordinary?
We rented points at BLT in February of this year, and ran into the same thing. Arrived on a Saturday morning around the same time as you. We had put in room requests via the DVC rental company we went through, and either the DVC point holder didn't inform BLT of the requests, or they were just ignored by the room assigners. Anyway, we didn't like the room we were assigned and asked if there was anything that fit our requests. We too were given two choices. One on the outside of the C facing Bay Lake on the 4th floor (I think); and one inside the C on around the 7th or 8th floor. We chose the inside room because it was a higher floor. In fact, this same thing has happened to a few times that we've stayed at CR/BLT. We are assigned a room, aren't happy with it, and request a different one. We've never been denied that request.

We rented points at BLT in February of this year, and ran into the same thing. Arrived on a Saturday morning around the same time as you. We had put in room requests via the DVC rental company we went through, and either the DVC point holder didn't inform BLT of the requests, or they were just ignored by the room assigners. Anyway, we didn't like the room we were assigned and asked if there was anything that fit our requests. We too were given two choices. One on the outside of the C facing Bay Lake on the 4th floor (I think); and one inside the C on around the 7th or 8th floor. We chose the inside room because it was a higher floor. In fact, this same thing has happened to a few times that we've stayed at CR/BLT. We are assigned a room, aren't happy with it, and request a different one. We've never been denied that request.
DVC will sometime charge you to make a room switch if it's not for a maintenance issue, just you want a different room. 4th floor room would probably be a standard villa. 7th floor inside the C would be lake view. You were lucky they even let you move. Lots of time there isn't anywhere to move to with DVC. Hope it didn't cost the owner extra points to make a move. It might have it you were booked in standard and got lake view. That would make me really angry as an owner.

Another question, traveling with 4 adults and an 18 month year old. Staying in a one bedroom villa. Would it be feasible to put the pack and play in the room with the bathtub? Just trying to think of a quiet place for him.
There should be enough room, but you'll have to walk past the baby to go to the bathroom (or use the one just off the entrance instead). The pack and play will be right in front of the sink in the master bathroom.

Can I use BLT pool if staying regular CR? For some reason, the main CR pool looks so unappealing to me! Happy to be convinced otherwise!

Okay, it's the same resort so I wasn't sure if it'd be considered "pool hopping".
For pool purposes, people staying at a non-DVC resort aren't allowed to go to the DVC pool. For most resorts, DVC guests can go thier corresponding non-DVC pool. I think there's one resort, which I can't remember off the top of my head, where DVC guests can't go to the non-DVC pool.

Can I use BLT pool if staying regular CR? For some reason, the main CR pool looks so unappealing to me! Happy to be convinced otherwise!

Yeah, BLT can use CR pools, but not the other way around. I'm sure there are valid reasons for this that someone around here can likely explain, but as a CR guest, I've always thought this was a little unfair! :-)

I feel so stupid! I posted my question in the wrong thread! We have stays booked at BLT and BWV and I posted in the wrong one. Thanks everyone for answering though!

DVC will sometime charge you to make a room switch if it's not for a maintenance issue, just you want a different room. 4th floor room would probably be a standard villa. 7th floor inside the C would be lake view. You were lucky they even let you move. Lots of time there isn't anywhere to move to with DVC. Hope it didn't cost the owner extra points to make a move. It might have it you were booked in standard and got lake view. That would make me really angry as an owner.
We had booked a 1br lake view, so I am probably mis-remembering the small detail of which floors I was given as options. Regardless, I had booked and paid for a 1br lake view, was offered two different 1br lake view options upon check-in when I asked if there was anything else available, and ended up in a 1br lake view. Would they not warn me if moving was something that would cost additional points? Because I can say with 100% confidence that they did not. I certainly wouldn't do it if I knew it was causing problems for the DVC owner, or the rental company I went through. And I would be surprised and very disappointed if they would move me without providing that information, no matter if I was renting points or was a DVC owner. That seems like the kind of information they would be required to provide.

I am a DVC owner. I rent my points occasionally. I once had a guest go to front desk and extend their stay a night w/o my knowledge or consent and was "charged" the additional number of nights. So, I'd definitely check.

(I'll add that the guest had a weather issue/flight cancellation and did call me the next day to let me know and then paid me)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter