Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Finally?! What's a good cobbler with no ice cream? This always drove me crazy, glad to see they finally got it together. Sounds like a great stay overall!

Funny because we remembered from other stays there that the cobblers were great, but needed ice cream! So the other day we went looking for ice cream in Roaring Forks (quick service) and in the shop so that we could have it with the cobbler. I even considered getting a few of the Mickey ice cream bars and pealing off the chocolate coating. And then to our pleasant surprise, they had a large container of vanilla ice cream! I went back for seconds too.

Yeah, it still has vibe going for it, which I enjoy. The music, the views, the smells, the drinks. Still has a lot of vacation appeal to me, even if the CL part feels more bustling.

I really can’t tell if it’s just me being older and more observant after other CL travels, or if the human race really has changed manners/behaviors in recent years, or what - probably a bit of everything.

I do miss the pre-Covid morning CM crew - those women ran a tight ship in that lounge!

Hope yo enjoy the rest of your trip.
We left there feeling the same way.....we still love the vibe at Poly, but we felt "different" about the lounge this time around. We really felt the squeeze in there, whether it was trying to get food, drinks, or just 4 chairs to sit. In our past trips to Poly, we did feel the hustle and bustle, but we didn't mind it because we always seemed to find a place to sit, but now we felt like we had about 3 tables to choose from because the others were so small with only a couple chairs. We did finally split up 2 and 2 and usually sat at those small round tables down the center of the lounge. Or DH stood and ate because there was usually a chair missing. Like you, I'm left wondering if I'm just older now and tastes/preferences have changed or if it's the comparisons to other recent CL stays. We have CR atrium upcoming so we'll see how that goes.

We head out for there in 3 weeks. I know about the small plates in the evening, but what are the current breakfast offerings?
Your question keeps getting overlooked. Here’s what we had on this past July stay.

Morning 1
Egg and Swiss quiche(?)
Sausage
Breakfast potatoes

Morning 2
Cheese omelets
Spam
French toast sticks

Morning 3
Scrambled eggs
Ham slices
Pancakes

Along with the requisite cereals, muffins, bagels, and fruit.

We head out for there in 3 weeks. I know about the small plates in the evening, but what are the current breakfast offerings?
A cheese and bacon quiche, potatoes and sausages one day ( quiche was very nice] spam, scrambled eggs and oatmeal one day and I think the other was ham, scrambled eggs and oatmeal. The breakfast is quite good, again though you, have very small side plates which makes it awkward

Your question keeps getting overlooked. Here’s what we had on this past July stay.

Morning 1
Egg and Swiss quiche(?)
Sausage
Breakfast potatoes

Morning 2
Cheese omelets
Spam
French toast sticks

Morning 3
Scrambled eggs
Ham slices
Pancakes

That’s more accurate than my post 😂

We left there feeling the same way.....we still love the vibe at Poly, but we felt "different" about the lounge this time around. We really felt the squeeze in there, whether it was trying to get food, drinks, or just 4 chairs to sit. In our past trips to Poly, we did feel the hustle and bustle, but we didn't mind it because we always seemed to find a place to sit, but now we felt like we had about 3 tables to choose from because the others were so small with only a couple chairs. We did finally split up 2 and 2 and usually sat at those small round tables down the center of the lounge. Or DH stood and ate because there was usually a chair missing. Like you, I'm left wondering if I'm just older now and tastes/preferences have changed or if it's the comparisons to other recent CL stays. We have CR atrium upcoming so we'll see how that goes.
Don’t think it’s an age thing. The majority of poor behaviour was from people that looked around my age or older ( I’m 52) couples would routinely take up a table for 4 when a double was available. A couple would come in every day straight from from the pool carrying a towel, throw the towel down on a chair and then sit there. I could probably bore you all day with some of the things, if it wasn’t so expensive it would have been amusing to watch.

Self entitlement at its highest levels. 😂

I’m usually not so negative, but the small Poly plates at breakfast are pretty laughable.

While the breakfast was adequate, I found it less substantial than prior years. Hard boiled eggs weren’t out every day. Only strawberries and oranges, no other fruit. I did appreciate the Oikos yogurt. Not sure when they moved away from cereal in bowls in favor of the individual containers (that may have started when they reopened, I’m not sure). Makes it easier and less spilling/less dishes I guess. Maybe not so good at reducing one-time plastic.

They did have water bottles on the first floor, FWIW.

Still one of the better beer selections among the CLs though, and kept available in the fridge for good portions of time. :drinking1

While I love Poly, the CL has been a known issue for awhile now. It was always busy, for the reasons @GADisneyDad14 has pointed out, but some of the (non guest related) issues can and should be addressed by management. For example, adequate staffing, running out of food, plate issues. Etc.

I hope those experiencing this have voiced your concerns to Guest Relations - that’s the only way improvements will be made and it’s helped for other lounges in the past.

While I love Poly, the CL has been a known issue for awhile now. It was always busy, for the reasons @GADisneyDad14 has pointed out, but some of the (non guest related) issues can and should be addressed by management. For example, adequate staffing, running out of food, plate issues. Etc.

I hope those experiencing this have voiced your concerns to Guest Relations - that’s the only way improvements will be made and it’s helped for other lounges in the past.
Given some of the other behaviour, I’m amazed none of the guests haven’t turned up at the lounge with their own huge plate they brought in their luggage 🙌

Ok this isn’t CL related but you all are so nice, I just wanted to ask here.

First of all, we’re staying YC CL and everything here is so nice.

Unfortunately, we had a little problem at MK today. My son really wanted a pair of Haunted Mansion ears (the ones with the glow in the dark eyes) and we bought them. About 4 hours later, he and my husband used the bathroom near PotC. He handed them to me when they went in. We got on the train afterward and when we got off at the next stop, we realized we didn’t have them. I went back immediately to where we had been and of course they were gone. Couldn’t have been more than 45 min. Probably closer to 30. Anyway, I filed a claim with lost and found. Does anyone have any lost and found success stories? I hope no one took them but I don’t have a lot of faith in humanity. It was just so disheartening to only have those for a couple of hours.

Unfortunately, we had a little problem at MK today. My son really wanted a pair of Haunted Mansion ears (the ones with the glow in the dark eyes) and we bought them. About 4 hours later, he and my husband used the bathroom near PotC. He handed them to me when they went in. We got on the train afterward and when we got off at the next stop, we realized we didn’t have them. I went back immediately to where we had been and of course they were gone. Couldn’t have been more than 45 min. Probably closer to 30. Anyway, I filed a claim with lost and found. Does anyone have any lost and found success stories? I hope no one took them but I don’t have a lot of faith in humanity. It was just so disheartening to only have those for a couple of hours.

It’s been at the resorts, but I’ve had had decent luck with lost and found over the years. While I have less faith in humanity, I do have faith in CMs. Hope it works out for you!

Morning 1
Egg and Swiss quiche(?)
Sausage
Breakfast potatoes

Morning 2
Cheese omelets
Spam
French toast sticks

Morning 3
Scrambled eggs
Ham slices
Pancakes

A cheese and bacon quiche, potatoes and sausages one day ( quiche was very nice] spam, scrambled eggs and oatmeal one day and I think the other was ham, scrambled eggs and oatmeal. The breakfast is quite good, again though you, have very small side plates which makes it awkward

I’m usually not so negative, but the small Poly plates at breakfast are pretty laughable.

While the breakfast was adequate, I found it less substantial than prior years. Hard boiled eggs weren’t out every day. Only strawberries and oranges, no other fruit. I did appreciate the Oikos yogurt. Not sure when they moved away from cereal in bowls in favor of the individual containers (that may have started when they reopened, I’m not sure). Makes it easier and less spilling/less dishes I guess. Maybe not so good at reducing one-time plastic.

They did have water bottles on the first floor, FWIW.

Still one of the better beer selections among the CLs though, and kept available in the fridge for good portions of time. :drinking1
Thanks for all the info. Growing up we were a big SL CL family, so less option isn’t new to me.

But I’m surprising my DH with the upgrade at Poly. I’m hoping not to be too disappointed with all these less than stellar reviews coming in lately. Stocked beer might be all DH cares about!! :-)

Do most of you tip the CM's at the club lounges? I never saw it mentioned but not sure if this is customary? Does anyone leave a tip on the table during meals? Thanks for any input!

Do most of you tip the CM's at the club lounges? I never saw it mentioned but not sure if this is customary? Does anyone leave a tip on the table during meals? Thanks for any input!

Over 20 years of multiple CL stays per year, I’ve never tipped anyone nor have I ever seen any money left on a table. I did bring a few boxes of a local specialty candy on Easter once.

CL CMs are not considered a tipped position. When this question has come up, it’s been reported CMs are supposed to refuse tips. They need to refuse 3Xs. If the guest still insists, the CM takes it & turns it into management, to be used for everyone.

I’ve never had any CM do anything other than normal assistance with magic bands etc. So nothing I would consider over & above that would warrant any tip anyway.

Over 20 years of multiple CL stays per year, I’ve never tipped anyone nor have I ever seen any money left on a table. I did bring a few boxes of a local specialty candy on Easter once.

CL CMs are not considered a tipped position. When this question has come up, it’s been reported CMs are supposed to refuse tips. They need to refuse 3Xs. If the guest still insists, the CM takes it & turns it into management, to be used for everyone.

I’ve never had any CM do anything other than normal assistance with magic bands etc. So nothing I would consider over & above that would warrant any tip anyway.
OK, thank you for the info. Appreciated!

My son left his Yeti water bottle at BC a week ago. I got a text today asking me if a different Yeti water bottle was his (different blue color). Also, I found a phone in the bathroom at Disney Springs and the woman cleaning the bathroom carefully wrapped it in paper towels and put it in her apron. All that to say- they definitely try to reunite you to your lost items!

I’m usually not so negative, but the small Poly plates at breakfast are pretty laughable.mmm

Theyii did have water bottles on the first floor, FWIW.
Coke Jo
Shout out for the Pinot noir and Malbec as well 👌

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter