Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We have just booked our first CL at AKL for Jun 22, but now I am pondering how it will pan out with our DD who has autism.

Is it frowned upon to take food/beer/wine back to your room or can it only be consumed in the lounge?

We have just booked our first CL at AKL for Jun 22, but now I am pondering how it will pan out with our DD who has autism.

Is it frowned upon to take food/beer/wine back to your room or can it only be consumed in the lounge?

Just ask the attendant for some containers, they usually have a stack of them in back and are more than happy to help.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me please how long the walk is usually from the CL rooms at Jambo to the elevators/ lounge? They are moving us from the 6th floor DVC rooms over the 50th celebration week (citing “maintenance”, mmm-hmm) and said that they will put us in a CL room on the hotel side. Seeing as it’s just me and the kidlet that trip and we are used to being able to just walk back and forth between the room and the lounge, this has me wanting to just cancel altogether. I know that I must sound entitled, but I’m unhappy that we are going to have to travel up and down an elevator just for coffee (or wine, because let’s be honest).

So there's not any dedicated "CL rooms" at AKL. They will be on the 4th floor looking at the Arusha "main" savannah but they could be anywhere in that half circle. Keep in mind, these will be a normal hotel room, so no kitchenette and you'll have 2 beds as opposed to a bed and couch. However, you will gain a guaranteed and MUCH better savannah view. I would request Zebra trail. This is the side of the elevator bank, boma, mara and the pool.

We often take food back to our rooms from AKL CL, our kids put on a movie and me and DH take turns wandering back to CL for refills. (esp, during the dessert/cordial service!)

Yeah I think AKL is first with August. Im still deciding between RPC and CR (those rooms 😑) for my split with Boardwalk in November - so I’ll patiently wait for all your reviews :)

I was traveling when you wrote this so I’m sorry for the late reply. I’m glad you enjoyed your FS stay. We stayed there back in March (after two nights at GF) and left with a lot of the same impressions as you.

I’ll always be a Disney resort person since sometimes our trips are short and location = time = $ for me, but the FS is going to be hard to resist. I keep flirting with swapping Disney w/ FS on a fall trip too, but haven’t quite pulled the trigger.

It’s funny, I’m so petty - I was at YC last week in the lazy river… and all I could think about was if I was in the FS lazy river, I could be holding my drink right now! :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing your experience.
My daughter will always be a Disney resort person too. We were talking about how much we loved the FS, and I asked her if she would stay there again. She had to think about it and then said, “yes, but only if we stayed at Disney resort first.” I kind of agree, although for me, it’s all about the transportation to the MK. 🤣 I love the FS. I do not love the TTC. Not much keeping me on site right now…except the MK transportation!

My daughter will always be a Disney resort person too. We were talking about how much we loved the FS, and I asked her if she would stay there again. She had to think about it and then said, “yes, but only if we stayed at Disney resort first.” I kind of agree, although for me, it’s all about the transportation to the MK. 🤣 I love the FS. I do not love the TTC. Not much keeping me on site right now…except the MK transportation!

Ha! Yeah, I don’t love the TTC, and the set bus schedules are sort of a blessing and a curse. DS and I closed down Epcot one night in the spring and just barely missed the second to last pickup and ended up having to wait quite a while for the final pickup, which was sort of a bummer. But returning to a nice turned down bed sure didn’t hurt. :-)

Ha! Yeah, I don’t love the TTC, and the set bus schedules are sort of a blessing and a curse. DS and I closed down Epcot one night in the spring and just barely missed the second to last pickup and ended up having to wait quite a while for the final pickup, which was sort of a bummer. But returning to a nice turned down bed sure didn’t hurt. :-)
You got me thinking, I know I've requested turn down service the time we rented a one bedroom in Boulder ridge (through the hotel side) First night the housekeeper pulled out the sofa and set it up for my kids and gave us all one chocolate. The second night she missed us. The third night we walked in on her using the bathroom. 🤣 But the chocolate on the pillow was so worth it and I understand, when ya gotta go ya gotta go.

I want to say that was back around 2006, prior to my buying in at AKV.

When did they stop turn down service for hotel side rooms?

Last edited:
Have been at Gran Destino since Friday night and have utterly fallen in love with the place. Photos and YouTube does not do this tower justice. And the grounds are so beautiful! I am now dying to try the CL here with gf. Would love to split it with GF or Poly.

Coronado is my new go to resort. It is beautiful, don't mind the size of it as I like to walk and get my steps in. Also, the price is much better than other resorts. While the tower is my favorite, I also don't mind the standard rooms. Booked CL for GDT for January. The lounge looks GORGEOUS!

I believe CL at Grand Californian/Disneyland has been open for a bit. Tried to find info as to what they are offering in hopes we would get a sense of what WDW CL may look like once reopened. Can't find any info/trip reports. Has anyone here found any info?

Coronado is my new go to resort. It is beautiful, don't mind the size of it as I like to walk and get my steps in. Also, the price is much better than other resorts. While the tower is my favorite, I also don't mind the standard rooms. Booked CL for GDT for January. The lounge looks GORGEOUS!
The lounge is the prettiest with awesome views! It’s much larger than most and spaced out nicely. Hope to go back someday. I did Sep and Oct 2019.

I believe CL at Grand Californian/Disneyland has been open for a bit. Tried to find info as to what they are offering in hopes we would get a sense of what WDW CL may look like once reopened. Can't find any info/trip reports. Has anyone here found any info?
I just looked around and didn’t find anything:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter