• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I did that and called to see if I could apply the AP discount to the new one and the CM said I couldn't keep both. As soon as he applied the discount he canceled my other one. I've done it plenty of times (without the need to call for something) and never had a problem. I don't know if it's policy or this particular CM.
Although I have never had a CM say that to me, I had to modify a booking recently and I avoided calling for that reason. In the future use a different person as the lead on your booking.

Fiscal responsibility? We don’t talk of such things here, this is the CL thread. The prudent Disney planners hang out on the Budget Board.

Just kidding. :goodvibes

Yes, you can hold multiple reservations. You’ll see people say “you shouldn’t do it because you’re blocking someone else” - and yes, it’s not really the best etiquette to hold placeholders for a long time. But I personally see no issue with it if you need to hold certain dates and/or room types for a little bit while you figure things out.
haha I go on the budget board a lot, too.

Yeah outrageously priced for what you get it seems. They are asking well over double the cost of our theme park view room to upgrade to atrium CL. Not gonna happen, ha ha. I will keep an eye out for discounts but it's surprising... I mean the difference in cost is more than the deluxe dining plan would have been--- doesn't make sense.
Maybe they have something amazing planned in terms of CL benefits that will justify our spend in the end. or not.

It’s just a guess, since I haven’t checked at all yet…I got back last night from FL to a pretty bad situation at home and have not had the chance. That’s usually how it works though, isn’t it?
So sorry to hear you returned from your wonderful and relaxing escape to WDW to face some an unplanned challenging situation at home.

We enjoyed your lovely pictures and "live" updates on the ground for those of use stuck behind keyboards for now.

Hoping you post back soon with improving news on the home front. You got that prep for the 50th celebration to look forward to on a positive note.

Dave

I’ve never stayed at CR do you like it? And theme park view one of the best views to get?

I do like it, especially for short trips. Both views are great, the lake side is calm and beautiful and the theme park side you can see the fireworks when the exist. I even like the garden wing! It is just so convenient to walk home from MK at the end of the night. We stay there more when we are going to a special event or party, and trips we aren't planning on a ton of pool time (pool is fine, just not that shady or exciting).

Maybe they have something amazing planned in terms of CL benefits that will justify our spend in the end. or not.

That would be awesome. I would reconsider for FP access I guess! But I am not hopeful that would ever happen. We will see how the reviews are once it reopens.

I just switched my portofino stay to club. I know I won't spend the extra in cost but the convenience of coffee won me over. My husband is usually the voice of reason and he said do it. So who am I to argue🤷‍♀️ it will be our first trip there and after 5 nights at Disney.

People have been posting WL pics all day. Now I wish I had WL instead of YC. I booked wl last week and canceled the next day. Seriously, my week has no availability except GF. Even saratoga and OKW has had no availability. I don't get it.
You wont be disappointed in the PBR CL. We have stayed there many times and really enjoy it. My favorite Universal resort hands down.

I know WDW hasn't announced Poly CL reopening; however, I have an ambassador VP suite booked for Oct 2021. DSS had no information to give me when I called. Do we think they will have some sort of offerings for Tonga suites if they are booking them?

That’s how they did at Portofino Bay @ Universal. Plexiglass and served.

Same at Universal HRH CL last week....plexiglass and CMs serving.

Now only if I could get excited for the YC. I hated BC CL. I didn't care for the crazy packed pool either. I have to talk myself into it.

I've never stayed BC CL so I can't compare the two, but I really enjoyed YC CL. We were there in May 2019 and maybe we just hit some good days, but we didn't find the pool to be overly crazy/crowded. I'm not a fan of SAB but I've always wanted to try YC CL and I'm glad I did because I really liked it. I hope you have a great time and enjoy it.

The happy hour did look lame. Only 2 hours a day of alcohol 🙄🤷‍♀️

Universal HRH was the same....just 2 hours of alcohol served daily from 5-7pm. I asked if anything was available outside of that time frame and was told no. I figured as much, but thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

Both views are great, the lake side is calm and beautiful and the theme park side you can see the fireworks when the exist.

I agree! We had our first CR stay in Dec '19. We stayed Atrium CL, had a BLV room but enjoyed the fireworks view from the lounge....best of both worlds for less money vs CL TPV.

I know WDW hasn't announced Poly CL reopening; however, I have an ambassador VP suite booked for Oct 2021. DSS had no information to give me when I called. Do we think they will have some sort of offerings for Tonga suites if they are booking them?

An excellent question! I suspect we really won’t know until someone stays there. It would be nice if they continue to offer the included room service option, but we’ll see. I have a Tonga stay booked, but after yours. We don’t get a lot of Tonga reports around here, but maybe we’ll get some reports once it reopens.

An excellent question! I suspect we really won’t know until someone stays there. It would be nice is they continue to offer the included room service option, but we’ll see. I have a Tonga stay booked, but after yours. We don’t get a lot of Tonga reports around here, but maybe we’ll get some reports once it reopens.
That was my thinking as well. I guess I will have to be more patient. 😬

That was my thinking as well. I guess I will have to be more patient. 😬

BTW, while we’re talking Tonga, I’m super curious to see what they do with the renovation there. Those rooms had a distinct style/design compared to regular Poly rooms, so I’m curious if they stick with that same approach or if more of the new theming is incorporated.

BTW, while we’re talking Tonga, I’m super curious to see what they do with the renovation there. Those rooms had a distinct style/design compared to regular Poly rooms, so I’m curious if they stick with that same approach or if more of the new theming is incorporated.
Yep ! My Tower CL room too.

BTW since we travel often same resorts. I have new rooms in a row, CR, then Poly then WL. I might have a slight newness addiction.

So, is Tonga the building that has the Suites? I am also curious about the Honeymoon Suite I now see listed - I don't remember seeing that before. We have stayed in the Club Level rooms in the Hawaii building a few times and once in Samoa with a great view of the pool.

So, is Tonga the building that has the Suites? I am also curious about the Honeymoon Suite I now see listed - I don't remember seeing that before. We have stayed in the Club Level rooms in the Hawaii building a few times and once in Samoa with a great view of the pool.

Yes, it’s just suites. There are two 1 BRs, two Ambassador Suites (2BR), one Presidential Suite (King Kamahameha Suite) (2BR), and the Honeymoon Suite, which isnt necessarily a suite, it’s a glorified single room. The 1BRs, King K suite, and the Honeymoon suite all connect so it’s technically possible to book them in various configurations.

They used to only be bookable by phone, but when Disney tinkered with taking suites out of the CL category and made them bookable last summer, many of the suites at various resorts now show up online.

Tonga guests have access to the Hawaii CL lounge and there is also a small/limited service lounge in the Tonga building (think very small). Tonga guests have historically had a room service menu where they can order select items from, free of charge, which is a unique attribute of the Tonga suites that you won’t see at other resorts.

Hope that helps!

Yes, it’s just suites. There are two 1 BRs, two Ambassador Suites (2BR), one Presidential Suite (King Kamahameha Suite) (2BR), and the Honeymoon Suite, which isnt necessarily a suite, it’s a glorified single room. The 1BRs, King K suite, and the Honeymoon suite all connect so it’s technically possible to book them in various configurations.

They used to only be bookable by phone, but when Disney tinkered with taking suites out of the CL category and made them bookable last summer, many of the suites at various resorts now show up online.

Tonga guests have access to the Hawaii CL lounge and there is also a small/limited service lounge in the Tonga building (think very small). Tonga guests have historically had a room service menu where they can order select items from, free of charge, which is a unique attribute of the Tonga suites that you won’t see at other resorts.

Didn’t know about the room service aspect of it, as we have always stayed in Hawaii. What kind of items were on the free room service menu? Definitely following the Tikiman for Poly CL updates..

I hope they do. Our one big pixie dust upgrade was the Ambassador Suite. The person checking us in said they noticed we were all in one room ( :jester: ) and they thought we would be more comfortable in the suite. Oh yes, we were.

It was a beautiful suite! Enjoy :wizard:

Didn't mean to imply otherwise, I was counting my blessings that my kids don't mind sharing our room. We did a lot of camping when they were kids so a hotel of any kind is nice. Also we have different schedules. DH and I up at 6am and looking for coffee while they are then getting ready and later we're back earlier at night. Works for us and I enjoy the savings! We also like privacy but for an extra 6k I'm willing to share a room :wizard:
Oh how I wish we could do 1 room! I’d ℒℴ𝓋ℯ those savings!!! I miss those days 🥰 this is likely the last big family trip where I’m paying for most of it. Thankful the boys are contributing some, it’ll definitely help! I know the memories will be worth it in the end. My youngest is even saying Mom we can do the cheaper resort GDT/Coronado but I’m the one who really wants the location so we will see what happens to prices in the next 12 months or so - if any discounts come out perhaps by next summer for the fall to make it a little easier to swallow! My thing is we stayed at our old family favourite AKL in 2017 on out last family trip (it was where we stayed our first trip to WDW in 2008 with our boys as teens and we fell in ℒℴ𝓋ℯ with WDW ) but we quickly realized it didn’t fit us anymore how we like to do WDW - dependent on the buses was a huge time-waster. So staying at another bus-dependent resort is the only thing keeping me from really jumping on the GDT rooms!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter