Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Forgive my ignorance. What exactly is Club Level?
Is it a perk for DVC members? or is it open to all who stay in a resort.
Does it require extra costs? I've been a DVC member since 2015 but I've only been hearing of CL since I've joined this board.

Does it require extra costs? I've been a DVC member since 2015 but I've only been hearing of CL since I've joined this board.

The only DVC resort that offers a CL stay on points is AKL, but you can book CL at the other deluxe resorts as a regular paying guest. The CL rooms do cost more than the other rooms on property, but I've only ever stayed club level at AKL using my points. Maybe someone else can help you with that part.

The only DVC resort that offers a CL stay on points is AKL, but you can book CL at the other deluxe resorts as a regular paying guest. The CL rooms do cost more than the other rooms on property, but I've only ever stayed club level at AKL using my points. Maybe someone else can help you with that part.
Melissa723 thanks for for the quick reply.
I'm going to look further into this just out of curiosity more then anything else.

As Melissa said, it is a booking category and costs more. It is basically a lounge that is open most of the day. They have breakfast, snacks, soda, coffee, adult beverages etc. They have appetizers in the early evening and some have lunch offerings. It varies based on resort. The location of the rooms also varies based on the resort. You can google and there are a million videos and reviews of club level stays.

As Melissa said, it is a booking category and costs more. It is basically a lounge that is open most of the day. They have breakfast, snacks, soda, coffee, adult beverages etc. They have appetizers in the early evening and some have lunch offerings. It varies based on resort. The location of the rooms also varies based on the resort. You can google and there are a million videos and reviews of club level stays.

and importantly... it's not available right now due to covid policies

I got my second vaccine shot on Sunday. Still so uncertain about the Canadian border situation though, the end of May is almost certainly going to be a solo trip for me at this rate but my heart just hasn’t accepted it yet. I will end up cutting down to a week if/when that’s the case but probably still split between GF and YC. If I have to turn 40 during a plague I’m doing it with a lapu lapu!!! Even if I have to do it by myself. :sad1:

Our little October weekend at CR Atrium for the 50th is now like our plan...F? I’ve honestly lost track since 2020. I phoned our TA a little while ago and had her book a Poly stay to start the day we are supposed to check out of CR to extend that trip to 2 weeks. So very much hoping that CL will be back for the 50th in some capacity so we can celebrate...but if we get moved out of the resort due to no CL I am hoping they just drop us at the Poly. And hoping dearly it will in fact be “us”.

It’s officially a year since I last saw my gf in person, when she came down to NY for Valentine’s Day and we went to see the Lion King on Broadway. I miss her so much you guys. Sorry for whining. Those of you who can quarantine with your loved ones please hold them tight. So many families and couples are separated by borders right now.
You can ABSOLUTELY whine here :grouphug:

Thanks for that info

Thanks for that info

I’ll elaborate a bit more on CL, in case helpful.

CL is basically an above-standard booking category offered at all of the deluxe resorts plus Gran Destino Tower. As a PP noted above, CL is a hotel-side resort bookable category. The only exception is AKL that has those handful of DVC CL-eligible rooms.

CL rooms are typically on specific floors or buildings. Eg, Poly CL rooms are in the Hawaii Longhouse; GF has two CL categories, one specifically in the main building, the second in the Sugarloaf building. YC/BC CL rooms are on the 5th floor. Etc, etc. One of the benefits of booking CL is that, in most circumstances, you know within reason where your room will be located. That has some value at some resorts (I would argue at a place like Poly, for example, that it has a lot of value).

There are suites and other unusual room types at most resorts that are CL eligible.

CL guests have access to a service called Disney Signature Services, which is basically a concierge-like office that can offer pre-arrival assistance with booking various things, ADRs, adding notes to your reservations, etc. This used to have more value in the days before so many things were bookable online, but it still has some benefits today. Booking a pool cabana or adding a request to a reservation (just two examples) are actions that are typically much easier and quicker to do via DSS than the regular general line. You also can e-mail them as well, something not available for general guests.

Each resort CL has a lounge area with various seating/table options. Many have a small kids table with a TV playing Disney shows. Service is generally 7am-10pm daily, broken up into breakfast, mid-day snacks, evening apps, and desserts. The lounges are generally stocked with water, various beverages, coffee, espresso machines, sodas, etc. Beer and wine are available free of charge.

CL isn’t really meant to be a meal replacement, but many will note that breakfast is substantial enough at most of the CLs to serve as a replacement meal. We love the convenience of CL breakfasts - it’s one of the main reasons we enjoy CL. Evening apps vary by location - some places are more substantial than others. Again, they aren’t really a meal substitute, but a lot of times if we’ve had a big lunch, the light bites out for evening apps are perfect. Evening apps tend to follow a similar culinary style to the resort in question, generally speaking.

Each CL has dedicated CM desks in the CL building/on the CL floor for check-in or for any other assistance you may need. Having a CM steps away that can fix a MagicBand issue vs having to trek all the way back to the front desk and possible wait in line is a nice convenience. Billing issue? They are right there to help.

Some CL CMs have been working at Disney and their respective resorts for a number of years. Repeat guests often get to know many of the CL CMs over time and they become a small but wonderful part of any given Disney trip.

I describe CL as a series of small conveniences and slight luxuries. Nothing is particularly earth shattering about Disney CL - frankly most hotel chains that offer a similar service probably do it ‘better.’ Many WDW touring styles won’t find any value in CL, particularly park commandos who spend all day and eat every meal out and about. Other styles will find more value in what CL has to offer.

That is probably WAY more than what you were asking for, but maybe it helps!

CL is basically an above-standard booking category offered at all of the deluxe resorts plus Gran Destino Tower. As a PP noted above, CL is a hotel-side resort bookable category. The only exception is AKL that has those handful of DVC CL-eligible rooms.

CL rooms are typically on specific floors or buildings. Eg, Poly CL rooms are in the Hawaii Longhouse; GF has two CL categories, one specifically in the main building, the second in the Sugarloaf building. YC/BC CL rooms are on the 5th floor. Etc, etc. One of the benefits of booking CL is that, in most circumstances, you know within reason where your room will be located. That has some value at some resorts (I would argue at a place like Poly, for example, that it has a lot of value).

There are suites and other unusual room types at most resorts that are CL eligible.

CL guests have access to a service called Disney Signature Services, which is basically a concierge-like office that can offer pre-arrival assistance with booking various things, ADRs, adding notes to your reservations, etc. This used to have more value in the days before so many things were bookable online, but it still has some benefits today. Booking a pool cabana or adding a request to a reservation (just two examples) are actions that are typically much easier and quicker to do via DSS than the regular general line. You also can e-mail them as well, something not available for general guests.

Each resort CL has a lounge area with various seating/table options. Many have a small kids table with a TV playing Disney shows. Service is generally 7am-10pm daily, broken up into breakfast, mid-day snacks, evening apps, and desserts. The lounges are generally stocked with water, various beverages, coffee, espresso machines, sodas, etc. Beer and wine are available free of charge.

CL isn’t really meant to be a meal replacement, but many will note that breakfast is substantial enough at most of the CLs to serve as a replacement meal. We love the convenience of CL breakfasts - it’s one of the main reasons we enjoy CL. Evening apps vary by location - some places are more substantial than others. Again, they aren’t really a meal subsitutie, but a lot of times if we’ve had a big lunch, the light bites out for evening apps are perfect. Evening apps tend to follow a similar culinary style to the resort in question, generally speaking.

Each CL has dedicated CM desks in the CL building/on the CL floor for check-in or for any other assistance you may need. Having a CM steps away that can fix a MagicBand issue vs having to trek all the way back to the front desk and possible wait in line is a nice convenience. Billing issue? They are right there to help.

Some CL CMs have been working at Disney and their respective resorts for a number of years. Repeat guests often get to know many of the CL CMs over time and they become a small but wonderful part of any given Disney trip.

I describe CL as a series of small conveniences and slight luxuries. Nothing is particularly earth shattering about Disney CL - frankly most hotel chains that offer a similar service probably do it ‘better.’ Many WDW touring styles won’t find any value in CL, particularly park commandos who spend all day and eat every meal out and about. Other styles will find more value in what CL has to offer.

Actually this is exactly what I was looking to learn about CL. Very informative and detailed explanation. Very much appreciated. Thanks

As you know, my magic bands came today. I was talking to my 13 yo about BWV. He asked what the lounge had. I explained we weren't staying CL. He said, "mom, don't be cheap". 🤦‍♀️ spoiled kid. Maybe I'll pick up snacks and drinks for the room. It's going to be weird without the lounge. Especially morning coffee!

CL isn’t really meant to be a meal replacement, but many will note that breakfast is substantial enough at most of the CLs to serve as a replacement meal. We love the convenience of CL breakfasts - it’s one of the main reasons we enjoy CL. Evening apps vary by location - some places are more substantial than others. Again, they aren’t really a meal substitute, but a lot of times if we’ve had a big lunch, the light bites out for evening apps are perfect. Evening apps tend to follow a similar culinary style to the resort in question, generally speaking.

The only thing I would add to @GADisneyDad14 's wonderful description is that if you are traveling with a large group and have multiple rooms that Club Level is, our our mind, worth every penny

We took my DH's entire family for his mother's 90th birthday. We had 21 people and 5 rooms in the main building of the Grand Floridian Our group was aged from 1 years to 90, 7 kids, 8 adults (50+), and 8 "kids" (nieces/nephews in their 20's & 30's) comprised of 8 different households.

Disney Signature Services is a GODSEND pre-arrival. There is no way I would have been able to enjoy the trip if I hadn't had their help with the planning and ensuring that each person's ticket was attached as well connected to the right room.

And because it's impossible to do everything together - even much together - with that many people and the various needs of different age groups in the parks, having the club lounge was a great way to see other and relax together. Mom didn't go into the parks, but everyone came and went throughout the day for snacks or a break.

And a large majority of our group - 8 - had a really late flight (11 PM) - there was a space to rest after a day in the parks while they waited for ME.

DH says he won't return until Club Level is back.

As you know, my magic bands came today. I was talking to my 13 yo about BWV. He asked what the lounge had. I explained we weren't staying CL. He said, "mom, don't be cheap". 🤦‍♀️ spoiled kid. Maybe I'll pick up snacks and drinks for the room. It's going to be weird without the lounge. Especially morning coffee!
You got a spoiled kid and I got a spoiled DH. DH asked the same question when I told him that I booked a stay at OKW for our next trip. I told him that there is no lounge but there is a kitchen and 500 square ft extra of space in the room.

We have decided that too. As painful as it is, we are waiting until club level is back and the Boardwalk is back open so in other words when Innkeepers opens again. We are getting projects done around the house until we can be where we want to with the amenities. The patiently waiting is tough though.

The only thing I would add to @GADisneyDad14 's wonderful description is that if you are traveling with a large group and have multiple rooms that Club Level is, our our mind, worth every penny

We took my DH's entire family for his mother's 90th birthday. We had 21 people and 5 rooms in the main building of the Grand Floridian Our group was aged from 1 years to 90, 7 kids, 8 adults (50+), and 8 "kids" (nieces/nephews in their 20's & 30's) comprised of 8 different households.

Disney Signature Services is a GODSEND pre-arrival. There is no way I would have been able to enjoy the trip if I hadn't had their help with the planning and ensuring that each person's ticket was attached as well connected to the right room.

And because it's impossible to do everything together - even much together - with that many people and the various needs of different age groups in the parks, having the club lounge was a great way to see other and relax together. Mom didn't go into the parks, but everyone came and went throughout the day for snacks or a break.

And a large majority of our group - 8 - had a really late flight (11 PM) - there was a space to rest after a day in the parks while they waited for ME.

DH says he won't return until Club Level is back.
Flashes of the movie Home Alone kept popping in my head as I read this:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter