Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

IMO I think when enough of the population gets vaccinated (those who want it) and the number of virus cases start to drop that Disney may just be keeping it simple for now. I am hopeful that maybe late Summer/Fall some of the offerings come back. Maybe that is just wishful thinking :):flower3:
There is nothing wrong with wishful thinking. Guarantee everyone here hopes you’re right!

Hahahahaha. I remember that and I know now a lot about Pokémon. I recently found their cards in the basement and they are still like gold to them. My 13 yo will talk to me sometimes now but that only because school is still closed and he needs some interaction other then a laptop. My 16yo is well a 16 yo old. Good times😆 as for coffee, I like hot coffee but may have to give in. The lounge is so easy for coffee.

We're staying Gran Destino tower. I thought about shipping a keurig😆 only have kidding. On a longer trip I might have one delivered from Amazon. I'm always up before everyone and REALLY enjoy/need my coffee.
Barcelona Lounge fit my latte needs in the morning 😉

Hahahahaha. I remember that and I know now a lot about Pokémon. I recently found their cards in the basement and they are still like gold to them. My 13 yo will talk to me sometimes now but that only because school is still closed and he needs some interaction other then a laptop. My 16yo is well a 16 yo old. Good times😆 as for coffee, I like hot coffee but may have to give in. The lounge is so easy for coffee.

We're staying Gran Destino tower. I thought about shipping a keurig😆 only have kidding. On a longer trip I might have one delivered from Amazon. I'm always up before everyone and REALLY enjoy/need my coffee.
I'm normally a hot coffee person myself, but the situation right now usually calls for something quick to get me going until I can get something hot later. I can gulp down one of those starbucks jars in about 30 seconds, done and out the door, it can hold me until about 11 and then I'm searching. I think these trips I will go for a dessert coffee at one of the TS places where at since I booked all of those meals at lunch. Skip the line at Starbucks and Joffrey's, but still get my refill in a relaxed setting.

Personally breakfast and morning espresso is the hardest part for me. I want a latte and a pastry and some space to enjoy it all and that’s hard to find in the parks. GDT & Riv worked ok with their coffee shops, I hate the drinks at resort QS as they never come out right but trying to get Starbucks in the parks when I stayed a couple nights at GF was crazy. Wait forever to scream your order (to be heard over everyone else screaming) at the poor CM behind the plexiglass and then trying to find a place to enjoy it without sitting on the ground- yeah. I REALLY missed CL breakfast. (Sure, I get better bang for my buck with wine and meat skewers in the evenings at appetizer time but it’s the convenience of CL breakfast and the Nespresso machine where I mix my proper latte that I missed the most 😂.)
OMG I can't even with trying to get Starbucks in the parks most of the time right now, sometimes that's the longest wait I do! I remember at Christmas staying at CR and DH goes and gets himself a coffee from Contemporary Grounds but didn't grab any for me (I was in the shower and so couldn't tell him what I wanted, so he assumed it would be ok....it would prove later to not be ok). We go to AK, walk to FOP to get a DAS return time and head towards the safari so I can stop and get a coffee. I was already getting cranky, and wrongly assumed the line wouldn't be long because it was still early and we had good luck there that early over Thanksgiving. The line was stupid long, of course there were two lines going in to that Starbucks and both were moving at a snails pace. After waiting half an hour and barely moving I bailed, and my husband never forgot to grab me a morning coffee again :rotfl2: . Once we switched to Riviera we loved going to get coffee, there was never anyone in there, it was amazing.

I'm normally a hot coffee person myself, but the situation right now usually calls for something quick to get me going until I can get something hot later. I can gulp down one of those starbucks jars in about 30 seconds, done and out the door, it can hold me until about 11 and then I'm searching. I think these trips I will go for a dessert coffee at one of the TS places where at since I booked all of those meals at lunch. Skip the line at Starbucks and Joffrey's, but still get my refill in a relaxed setting.

OMG I can't even with trying to get Starbucks in the parks most of the time right now, sometimes that's the longest wait I do! I remember at Christmas staying at CR and DH goes and gets himself a coffee from Contemporary Grounds but didn't grab any for me (I was in the shower and so couldn't tell him what I wanted, so he assumed it would be ok....it would prove later to not be ok). We go to AK, walk to FOP to get a DAS return time and head towards the safari so I can stop and get a coffee. I was already getting cranky, and wrongly assumed the line wouldn't be long because it was still early and we had good luck there that early over Thanksgiving. The line was stupid long, of course there were two lines going in to that Starbucks and both were moving at a snails pace. After waiting half an hour and barely moving I bailed, and my husband never forgot to grab me a morning coffee again :rotfl2: . Once we switched to Riviera we loved going to get coffee, there was never anyone in there, it was amazing.
I'm sure he learned his lesson 😆 I'm spoiled with my husband (just with coffee) and getting me coffee. When we go on non Disney trips he is usually up before me and will head out on a coffee hunt. He hates hotel room coffee and checks out locations as soon as we get somewhere. When we go to the Atlantis he treks to dunkin every morning because he doesn't like the starbucks in the hotel. I just keep my eyes closed until he's out the door😆🤣

An animal kingdom villa just opened up. I'm booked at gran Destino. I haven't stayed at either. Do I change??? So confusing lol. What stinks is I have to call to change since my AP isn't activated yet.

An animal kingdom villa just opened up. I'm booked at gran Destino. I haven't stayed at either. Do I change??? So confusing lol. What stinks is I have to call to change since my AP isn't activated yet.

With the caveat that I have not stayed at AKV since reopening so I’m not speaking from personal experience, I don’t really like the dining/amenities situation there right now, so it has not been high on my list.

Dining at CSR isn’t without its flaws too, but I’d much rather be at GDT than AKV, if this were us.

With the caveat that I have not stayed at AKV since reopening so I’m not speaking from personal experience, I don’t really like the dining/amenities situation there right now, so it has not been high on my list.

Dining at CSR isn’t without its flaws too, but I’d much rather be at GDT than AKV, if this were us.
Thanks for the info. I think the actual resort and grounds look beautiful but dining is important. Maybe I will just stop looking, I will make myself crazy. 😆

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well! I'm toying with these months for a return trip to the World. (My last trip was a year ago today and it has been way to long to have something to plan and look forward too:crazy2:). I would like to stay club level at the Poly again but I know that they may not be possible. Looking at Sept 9-17th, October either of the last 2 weeks or late January 2022.

I would really appreciate your thoughts on weather, return of CL, monorail construction, 50th anniversary crowds, etc and what you might book.

Thanks!!!
Weather and crowds, January. It's my favorite month to go. Also it probably helps to go later rather than sooner so that more things are finished by the time you get there.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well! I'm toying with these months for a return trip to the World. (My last trip was a year ago today and it has been way to long to have something to plan and look forward too:crazy2:). I would like to stay club level at the Poly again but I know that they may not be possible. Looking at Sept 9-17th, October either of the last 2 weeks or late January 2022.

I would really appreciate your thoughts on weather, return of CL, monorail construction, 50th anniversary crowds, etc and what you might book.

Thanks!!!

Poly monorail ‘should’ be back in service by then, although they haven’t announced an official end date so sort of TBD, They just finished with the demolition of the existing platform - not sure how long a monorail platform takes to build, but it’s basically 2/1... hoping that project makes some material progress over the next few months.

I have a mostly love/ but a little hate relationship with September. Before my kids got to school age that was a favorite time to go - we love MNSSHP, it’s one of the few times of the year that is slightly off-season so typically lower crowds, it’s a lower-rate time at the resorts and discounts are usually abundant. (Obviously all pre Covid comments)

But it is often hot as all get out (which I’m fine with but many are not) and you have the ever-present risk of hurricanes. If you’re at all sensitive to masks and hot weather, Sept vs Jan is a material difference.

Late Jan is a great lower crowd time, but typically limited park hours (especially in these covid times) and weather is obviously very hit or miss in terms of temps. I personally like WDW when it’s guaranteed warm/swimming weather more than I do January temps, but the pools are a big part of our trips and less so the parks, so my perspective is probably skewed.

If this were me I’d probably book some placeholder trips and continue to monitor/assess/adjust based on whatever we see happen as we get further into 2021.

I was reading an article in which the scientists are saying this pandemic is far from over, pointing to the newest virus variation being resistant to the current vaccines. They were quoted as saying that the best we can hope for is fall/early winter for restrictions to start to pull back.

We all hope they're wrong, but after reading that I'm not convinced we'll see CL come back in 2021.

My Fall reservation is staying put, but the CL days I booked may get moved UP to March, I need lodging before heading off to another location, might as well be Disney.

I was reading an article in which the scientists are saying this pandemic is far from over, pointing to the newest virus variation being resistant to the current vaccines. They were quoted as saying that the best we can hope for is fall/early winter for restrictions to start to pull back.

We all hope they're wrong, but after reading that I'm not convinced we'll see CL come back in 2021.

My Fall reservation is staying put, but the CL days I booked may get moved UP to March, I need lodging before heading off to another location, might as well be Disney.
I think you're right. I think 2021 is gonna look an awful lot like 2020, Disney Wise. We have a reservation for December 2021 but if our favorite experiences are still not available, the trip is gonna get pushed into 2022.

I think you're right. I think 2021 is gonna look an awful lot like 2020, Disney Wise. We have a reservation for December 2021 but if our favorite experiences are still not available, the trip is gonna get pushed into 2022.
I'm very conservative when it comes to corona-related issues, but my guess would be club level returns fall 2021- enough folks vaccinated by then and even with the presence of variant strains, an acceptance that we need to adapt the things that we've missed to regain a sense of normalcy.

I'm very conservative when it comes to corona-related issues, but my guess would be club level returns fall 2021- enough folks vaccinated by then and even with the presence of variant strains, an acceptance that we need to adapt the things that we've missed to regain a sense of normalcy.
From your lips to God's ears:). We'd be ok with wearing masks. However, most if not all restaurant experiences need to be available. We like nothing more than walking around Epcot, enjoying a beer on the go. I'm ok with some adaptations but not being able to walk and sip is not gonna cut it. I know that sounds minor and trivial but it's all about the vacation experience. As mentioned, it seems that UO is having CL but the CL food appears to be all prepackaged "crap", if you will. Disney is better than that. I'm not getting my hopes up for 2021. It's clear that the virus is here to stay, kinda like the flu. Some will vaccinate, some won't. Time will tell. Stay healthy!

From your lips to God's ears:). We'd be ok with wearing masks. However, most if not all restaurant experiences need to be available. We like nothing more than walking around Epcot, enjoying a beer on the go. I'm ok with some adaptations but not being able to walk and sip is not gonna cut it. I know that sounds minor and trivial but it's all about the vacation experience. As mentioned, it seems that UO is having CL but the CL food appears to be all prepackaged "crap", if you will. Disney is better than that. I'm not getting my hopes up for 2021. It's clear that the virus is here to stay, kinda like the flu. Some will vaccinate, some won't. Time will tell. Stay healthy!
I didn't even think about that! I am totally going to miss drinking in epcot. That said, I walk around HS and AK with a beer too😄

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter