• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

@tinkwings If I am remembering correctly, I think the type of safe at WL has an actual key instead of a self-entered code. I don’t tend to lose things, but an actual key to keep track of always makes me a little bit nervous. When I stay in a room with that kind of safe, I usually choose to just lock our valuables in my suitcase.

Thanks good to think on that....and while I know he certainly won't forget its there, he is only planning on having it out one day....but may have him snap a few shots at the resort as he has a good eye! As for a key I think I will put it in my travel purse in inner zippered pocket...that if I lost that whole thing it would be utter chaos....but having said that I can honestly report I have never ever lost or misplaced my purse during a Disney trip! Ha but on my very first trip with DS1 I did in fact lose my CAMERA on Discovery Island....and despite calls it was never "discovered".....:tongue:

I have a split stay coming up with the first half of the stay being a TPV room in the main tower at CR and the second half of the stay being a CL room at GF. I just received a call from Disney Signature Services to introduce me to their program, and I talked to the CM about our dining reservations. When I originally made the two reservations, which are linked on my MDE account, the CM that made the reservations was very clear in telling me that when my 180 day window opened up for my CR reservation, that I would be able to book ADRs for the length of my stay. In other words, the system would recognize our split stays and allow me to book for all 8 days, instead of just the first 5 days at CR. He said the same thing would be true for FP reservations. Once the 60 day window opens for our first stay, we could make FPs for the length of both stays.

However, the DSS CM told me this was not true and that I would have to book my ADRS for CR stay at 180 days out from that check-in date, and then my GF ADRs at 180 days out from the date of check in there. She said the same thing would happen with FPs. I would have to book twice. Obviously, this would put me at a big disadvantage because it is much easier to get some ADRs and FPs at 180+5 (or 60+5 with FP) than it is to get them at 180+1, etc.

I'm hoping this CM was just really uninformed and gave me the wrong info, but I'm starting to wonder. What have your experiences with split stays been? Does your ADR and FP window open for the entire length of stay or do you have to book separately for each resort reservation?

Here’s the deal:

ADRs with a Split Stay - 2 different 180 day windows. Your 180 day mark on stay #1 does not open your stay #2 dates, you’ll have to wait for 180 days from stay #2.

FPs with a Split Stay - Your 60 day mark from stay #1 check-in opens up FP booking for both stay #1 and stay #2.

Both CMs were partly right and partly wrong.

Hope that helps!

We also have a split stay booked. Originally we were just doing 4 nights -- Tues- Fri @ Beach Club (now changed to club level). We have tickets for 4 days (Tues-Fri).

We then decided to add another day/night and are staying @ CR Monday night with a park visit that same day. When we added in tickets (online), however, the only option was for 2 day tickets, not one.

Both trips are linked on MDE and we have the option of getting 2 magic bands.

While we are hoping that the CL extra/paid FP trial program is still going on through the end of October (fingers crossed), even though we basically have "two sets" of tickets for Tuesday, we are only eligible to pre-book 3 FP selections that day, correct?

Ok this is MY first split stay and first part is CL, second same resort but not CL as it was not available my whole trip. Anyhow I bought extra fastpasses .....so this summer I called DSS before my 90 mark (which you get as a perk for $$$).....and there was some mention of it being 90 days from my LAST day per reservation. Since I bought FP+ one of my days was not CL which requires it if you will, but the CM did book my extra fp and regular fp for the 3 days I was utilizing the extra FP+ at 90 days....seems to me I had to wait a few days to get day NOT in CL stay 90 day mark and I did have to wait until 60 day mark for all other days. It is becoming rather like rocket science to figure out trip planning these days....but thank God for Disney message boards where one can get to the bottom of things.....and fake news sometimes happens here but in general one still can consider the source. :disrocks: But you all know once you get all that planning done....all you have left to do is enjoy your vacation!:cool1:

Yeah, assuming you have sufficient park tickets to cover all the days needed and your stay #2 starts the same day as you check out of stay #1 (eg, no gap), you’re good!

Except not when one purchases the Extra Fast Passes....as I said my days are back to back same resort even, but the 90 day window for me was two separate days that week because of the two ressies. Of course at 95 days I was still able to get everything I wanted. Just sayin"....

I had thought I cancelled my second set of MB's for my split stay and for some reason one appeared later for one member of the family but no one else....odd....but might as well bring it along!:smooth:

Except not when one purchases the Extra Fast Passes....as I said my days are back to back same resort even, but the 90 day window for me was two separate days that week because of the two ressies. Of course at 95 days I was still able to get everything I wanted. Just sayin"....

That’s because the Extra FP program booking window starts 90 days from your check-out date (not the normal FP 60 days from check-in window that the PP was asking about). So yes, since it’s tied to the check-out date, booking that program for a split stay comes with two different booking dates.

FWIW, I did ask the DSS CM about the extra CL FP program and she told me it would be available for my August stay and gave me the date to either call or email DSS to arrange for my extra FPs. I told her that I was trying to decide between buying the extra FPs or doing one or more of the DAH events. She said that the DAH events should be announced before my 90 day window to book CL FPs. Of course, she was also the one who told me that I would have to book my FPs for the split stay on two separate dates (assuming I was not purchasing extra FP for my CL days). Who knows if any of this is accurate, but hopefully it is some sign that both the trial FP program and the DAH events will be continuing into the summer. :confused3

I have a split stay coming up with the first half of the stay being a TPV room in the main tower at CR and the second half of the stay being a CL room at GF. I just received a call from Disney Signature Services to introduce me to their program, and I talked to the CM about our dining reservations. When I originally made the two reservations, which are linked on my MDE account, the CM that made the reservations was very clear in telling me that when my 180 day window opened up for my CR reservation, that I would be able to book ADRs for the length of my stay. In other words, the system would recognize our split stays and allow me to book for all 8 days, instead of just the first 5 days at CR. He said the same thing would be true for FP reservations. Once the 60 day window opens for our first stay, we could make FPs for the length of both stays.

However, the DSS CM told me this was not true and that I would have to book my ADRS for CR stay at 180 days out from that check-in date, and then my GF ADRs at 180 days out from the date of check in there. She said the same thing would happen with FPs. I would have to book twice. Obviously, this would put me at a big disadvantage because it is much easier to get some ADRs and FPs at 180+5 (or 60+5 with FP) than it is to get them at 180+1, etc.

I'm hoping this CM was just really uninformed and gave me the wrong info, but I'm starting to wonder. What have your experiences with split stays been? Does your ADR and FP window open for the entire length of stay or do you have to book separately for each resort reservation?
The fastpasses will open for your entire length of stay. I have done this several times and have had no issues.

We also have a split stay booked. Originally we were just doing 4 nights -- Tues- Fri @ Beach Club (now changed to club level). We have tickets for 4 days (Tues-Fri).

We then decided to add another day/night and are staying @ CR Monday night with a park visit that same day. When we added in tickets (online), however, the only option was for 2 day tickets, not one.

Both trips are linked on MDE and we have the option of getting 2 magic bands.

While we are hoping that the CL extra/paid FP trial program is still going on through the end of October (fingers crossed), even though we basically have "two sets" of tickets for Tuesday, we are only eligible to pre-book 3 FP selections that day, correct?

Hmm, let me think this through.

I think you’d be better off to not do a package deal with either stay. Instead, book two room-only reservations and buy 5 day tickets seperately. Is there a deal/something about your BC reservation where you need it to be a package?

Hmm, let me think this through.

I think you’d be better off to not do a package deal with either stay. Instead, book two room-only reservations and buy 5 day tickets seperately. Is there a deal/something about your BC reservation where you need it to be a package?

There wasn't, it was just something I did automatically as I do every year (most likely because it's just convenient).

I will definitely rethink it

Thanks!

Last edited:
hi folks! I have a question / need opinions about staying CL and having the Disney Dining Plan.

I stayed CL 10 years ago at the GF for a Thursday to Monday stay and didn't have any dining plan. We took full advantage of the morning breakfast offerings and one day had the afternoon snacks. Due to it being a short trip and rather park intensive, we didn't get to enjoy the evening offerings as I'd hoped.

Move ahead to 2011 and I stayed a week at CSR (no club level) with the Deluxe Dining Plan and really enjoyed all that dining plan offered.

This year I am debating booking a CL room for our week at the end of July but I'm wondering if the Dining Plan vs Deluxe Dining plan would work for us or no dining plan at all since CL....save a little money and not waste food too!

I'd love to hear opinions if you do a dining plan when you stay CL.

TIA!!!

We never get the dining plan when we stay CL. Actually, we don't bother with the dining plan at all, since it's more cost effective for us to pay out of pocket. But staying CL, we generally have breakfast in the lounge, have lunch in a park and it's rarely a sit down, then we take advantage of the appetizers in the lounge before heading back to a park for a few more hours. That's usually more than enough for us. If someone is really hungry, they'll get a snack or a QS meal. I think we'd lose money even getting the QS dining plan. I pick up Disney gift cards at BJ's or Target to save 5% and then use the GCs to pay for food.

@mrsap, @gillep, @AngiTN, @ninafeliz - Thanks for the input on my large group/multiple room question. As I've been making more room reservations in my name over the last few days organizing this thing, I started to get spooked I might be creating a problem, but glad to know it should work out ok.

On another note, I have been getting multiple 'welcome/introductory calls' from DSS with all of these reservations in my name! While I'm glad I seem to be on the "call" list (at the moment), I do wish their IT was set up so CMs could see if you're a repeat guest/DSS user and change the script a bit. I feel so bad having to cut them off in the middle of their spiel and let them know "yeah, I know what DSS is, I'm good!" :-)

Thanks again for your help.

@mrsap, @gillep, @AngiTN, @ninafeliz - Thanks for the input on my large group/multiple room question. As I've been making more room reservations in my name over the last few days organizing this thing, I started to get spooked I might be creating a problem, but glad to know it should work out ok.

On another note, I have been getting multiple 'welcome/introductory calls' from DSS with all of these reservations in my name! While I'm glad I seem to be on the "call" list (at the moment), I do wish their IT was set up so CMs could see if you're a repeat guest/DSS user and change the script a bit. I feel so bad having to cut them off in the middle of their spiel and let them know "yeah, I know what DSS is, I'm good!" :-)

Thanks again for your help.

Of course, anytime. If it makes you feel better, maybe give them a call and tell them what your plans are and ask if it will be a problem.

That’s funny they’re calling you, they must think you’re a high roller!!!! ;)

upload_2019-1-25_20-49-49.gif

Of course, anytime. If it makes you feel better, maybe give them a call and tell them what your plans are and ask if it will be a problem.

That’s funny they’re calling you, they must think you’re a high roller!!!! ;)

View attachment 378175

Ha, hardly. Let's get this clear, I'm not ultimately paying for all of these rooms except mine. But I should charge a mark-up to my traveling party for my 'fee' for being the trip planner. Hmmm... :scratchin

@tinkwings If I am remembering correctly, I think the type of safe at WL has an actual key instead of a self-entered code. I don’t tend to lose things, but an actual key to keep track of always makes me a little bit nervous. When I stay in a room with that kind of safe, I usually choose to just lock our valuables in my suitcase.
I tend to think of those as safer. The safes that have electronic codes can also be opened by a master electronic code. After all, it's not a previous occupant you have to worry about, it's staff. That would be much easier to steal than a physical key. I'd take a physical key over an electronic code anytime. But usually I, too, just lock up my suitcase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter