Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

So all-in-all, a great NYE Poly CL trip. Saw several familiar faces among CL and Mousekeeping CMs, which is always nice. Poly CL has a large room count and serves a lot of guests - CMs were working hard clearing the tables, keeping things replenished, etc. We didn't experience any food shortages. We did have a few instances where the lounge was full and we had to take our plates to the third floor - this will happen from time to time. We did have one morning where table clearing seemed to take a long time.

We've 'cheated' on Poly with a few other resorts this past year, but it was very refreshing to be back. I never get tired of the location, the lounge, the resort amenities, the fireworks views, etc. Poly/Poly CL isn't the right choice for everyone, but for us it's a great resort and CL combination for our kids and individual Disney vacationing style.

Happy to answer any questions on anything I might not have covered!
I love poly but the prices have been insane. I am happy to cheat at GF anytime lol.

Sorry no pics of food, I don't do that
But they have a chef preparing 2 items each night, samples from ESPN, trattoria, or flying fish
Last night we had scallops over risotto or pasta with red sauce and meatballs
Another this week was pork belly Mac and cheese and fish tacos
We never make dinner reservations staying at BWI

Odd. We've been staying at BWI CL for 2 years and never encountered that. One of the reasons we like it over so many others is they are still self serve for alcohol.
Any of it is right there in the kitchen in the lounge all day. They put it in the fridge at 5

Thank you! My crew will be happy with those options! I was just wondering if apps meant just cheese/crackers/fruit or some hot options! Those sound so good. The wine too. :)

So I just checked and Yacht CL is 401 for our stay , which I was absolutely thrilled to get with AP discount. I am curious as why BWI for same standard room CL would be 441 a night ? Better CL ? Or maybe number of rooms available are less in quantity so higher price? I would think CL would be comparable quality? Or am I completely wrong .

So I just checked and Yacht CL is 401 for our stay , which I was absolutely thrilled to get with AP discount. I am curious as why BWI for same standard room CL would be 441 a night ? Better CL ? Or maybe number of rooms available are less in quantity so higher price? I would think CL would be comparable quality? Or am I completely wrong .
No one has any clue why Disney discounts rooms the way they do.
At least no one who is talking knows.
It's rarely a set percentage across the board with each room type getting the same percentage.
Same goes for rack rate. Only Disney knows why they have a given room at a given price and a lot of it doesn't make sense.

Thank you for the review. It’s nice to see what has changed or stayed the same as we get ready for our next visit. It also gets us excited to return! I appreciate the time you take to post all the info. Glad to see the slippers and fancy coffee machine are still there!!
Sad about the beer fridge. Can you request all day or just during services?

Yes, available upon request all day (and morning too). Poly CL CMs are often around/visible even in between services, so someone is usually around/easily accessible to assist.

Ok we went ahead and booked GF SL for June with the AP discount! We are super excited! If anyone has any reviews in this thread that you could post the links or page numbers I would greatly appreciate it! I have been reading through but 1024 pages might take me a while :flower1:

Ok we went ahead and booked GF SL for June with the AP discount! We are super excited! If anyone has any reviews in this thread that you could post the links or page numbers I would greatly appreciate it! I have been reading through but 1024 pages might take me a while :flower1:

Congrats! It’s a beautiful resort, you’re going to love it! Page 997 has a recent review!

Are there any quiet rooms in GF Sugarloaf? We have a standard room booked in SL but I am nervous with all the comments about hearing lounge noise in the rooms. Do cast members serve wine and beer in the evening?

Are there any quiet rooms in GF Sugarloaf? We have a standard room booked in SL but I am nervous with all the comments about hearing lounge noise in the rooms. Do cast members serve wine and beer in the evening?

I responded to a similar post awhile back with some lengthy detail here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-and-questions.3414590/page-968#post-59916785

My opinions are in that post, but short answer is I wouldn't worry 'too much' about it. If you are concerned, a request such as "away from the lounge" might be a good choice for you. Our room down one of the halls in Sept was probably the quietest room we've ever had at WDW. We did have a middle/atrium room awhile back which I did find a touch noisy, but my DD was pretty young on that trip and we were 'around' more than not sticking to bedtimes and such... probably more sensitive to noise than average guests at that moment in time.

Upgraded to Club Level with the discount at Yacht Club. Now that we are spoiled from doing club level our last trip I'm afraid we can never go back :P We also did the extra fast passes last trip but not doing them this time, so when can I book our fast passes? is it 90 days out and 60 if you do the extra fast passes :confused3
We snagged a yacht club AP discount too! So excited we to stay club level. It will be our first time.

Congrats on the discount! As mrsap posted, the GF is a beautiful resort, I also think you'll love it. Enjoy the rest of your planning. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Congrats! It’s a beautiful resort, you’re going to love it!

::yes::

Thank you!! We are excited!! We had a hard time deciding but I think we will give BWI a try in the fall when we spend more time at Epcot anyways!

BWI is another great resort, IMO :).

Funny, we are doing both BW and GF this year! Excited to stay at BW for the first time!! Enjoy!

BWI is amazing! Prior to my first stay there this past June, I had a feeling I'd like it, but I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. CL was amazing and while there are a few other CLs I want to try, I can't wait to go back to BWI CL. Hope you have a great time and enjoy the resort :goodvibes.

We snagged a yacht club AP discount too! So excited we to stay club level. It will be our first time.

Hope you have a great trip and enjoy CL :wizard:.

WOW :eek:, those are some amazingly low rates! Wondering if it’s worth it to upgrade my park ticket for our trip in 27 days :dancer: to an AP!

I agree......seeing 40% at alot of the deluxes is nice! I would definitely consider upgrading if you think you will be able to return within a year (and don't forget about the dining and merchandise discounts ;)).

I agree......seeing 40% at alot of the deluxes is nice! I would definitely consider upgrading if you think you will be able to return within a year (and don't forget about the dining and merchandise discounts ;)).

@mickeynut1 , we are considering either booking a BB for early December or keeping fingers crossed for another 35% discount for early spring 2020, so the AP MIGHT work out, but with SWGE coming out, we don't know if 1. Early December is an insane time to go, and 2. Early spring will see the same discounts given that SWGE will have recently opened. So I'm very torn about upgrading to an AP! Any insight is appreciated!
Edited to add: Our upcoming trip is only three park days, so it would cost me $600 to upgrade to an AP, and of course I'd be restricted to make the trip within the next calendar year.

Last edited:
So I tried to book the YC and BC this morning with the AP discount for June and discovered after an hour and a half on the phone with guest relations that as of 1/1/19 Club level Standard and Pool/lagoon view rooms at the YC and BC will now only accommodate 4 people. I am so disappointed! We were so looking forward to trying the YC club level! Thinking we might re-route to GF SL but not sure yet? They suggest Boardwalk but we haven't stayed there before? Any opinions and suggestions would be appreciated!

So interesting! It has always been a mystery as to exactly how many rooms have daybeds (to sleep 5) and in which view categories, but this latest info indicates maybe they are trying to make it more definitive. We are a family of 4 with 2 teens and have always requested a daybed, most of the time receiving one but mainly just in CL standard view rooms, which was always sort of a bummer because we did enjoy balcony time with a decent view but a daybed was/is more important to our family.

We have an upcoming YC CL trip booked and I'm going to keep it for now but keep an eye out for any further info on this.

We have stayed at BWI CL and thought it was ok. Just DH and I would probably try BWI CL again someday. It was very quiet without many kids/families when we were there, so we didn't feel the normal Disney vibe that we usually feel at places like Poly and GF. Food was great, though!

We've also stayed at GF SL and my DH and kids really liked it! I think it was the location that was key. The building is in a great spot with easy and quick access to the pool(s) and back and forth to the lounge. Personally, I didn't love it, but I think that's because I love RPC so much and it was hard not to compare. However, as a family, we'd stay there again someday. Just staying at GF in general is great!

It is interesting...the descriptions all say "sleeps up to 4 adults" but Garden View and Pool/Lagoon CL views still include "2 Queens and 1 Daybed" as an option (Standard CL just says 1 king or 2 queens). When I stayed at YC in a Pool/lagoon View CL room in 4/17 with my two sisters, we requested a daybed room, even though we knew we'd be "low priority" since there was only 3 of us. We got a daybed room with a beautiful view straight out overlooking the entrance and the friendship boat dock. We loved it and it was so nice to have the daybed! Was hoping to score that with my teenagers at some point!

We stayed at BWI last April, but only for two nights. We really enjoyed it. I agree with @mickeynut1 that the CL CMS are amazing - friendly, professional, attentive... And the food! Can't say enough about how delicious the food was! I can see what TJA is saying about the lounge being a bit quieter, but we did like the energy of the boardwalk and the resort itself, and the location is great of course.

BWI is amazing! Prior to my first stay there this past June, I had a feeling I'd like it, but I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. CL was amazing and while there are a few other CLs I want to try, I can't wait to go back to BWI CL. Hope you have a great time and enjoy the resort :goodvibes.

Thank you!!! We are looking forward to it!! After watching videos on YouTube, my kids got really excited!!!! We will be staying with our DVC points during that trip, so my kids are very excited about the community center! So much for them to do there! My DD is creeped out by the pool, but my DS is so excited about the slide, he doesn’t even care about the clown! Only six more months to go...

It is interesting...the descriptions all say "sleeps up to 4 adults" but Garden View and Pool/Lagoon CL views still include "2 Queens and 1 Daybed" as an option (Standard CL just says 1 king or 2 queens). When I stayed at YC in a Pool/lagoon View CL room in 4/17 with my two sisters, we requested a daybed room, even though we knew we'd be "low priority" since there was only 3 of us. We got a daybed room with a beautiful view straight out overlooking the entrance and the friendship boat dock. We loved it and it was so nice to have the daybed! Was hoping to score that with my teenagers at some point!

I really wish they'd just make a separate category for rooms that sleep 5 (aka rooms with a daybed!). I'm very curious about them making the CL SV rooms all rooms for 4 (that's the category we've had the most often with a daybed). Also, thanks for posting you once had a YC CL LV room with a daybed because that's the category I have booked for July, so it gives me a little hope!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter