Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

If there’s any consolation, I haven’t received anything in the mail either. And we leave tomorrow! To date, all we received was a phone call and email from DSS exactly one week prior to our arrival date.

Yes! I love the planning and tweaking! It’s so much fun.

Agreed that the planning is sometimes the most fun part. I'll be honest here ... the entire reason I am going to WDW and then on a Disney cruise in two months is because I was having a rough summer with some personal things, and decided to book the cruise as a pick me up. Haha! (It worked!)

Did I read that right... $150 one way? Eh... that’s a lot. $150 both ways and I’d maybe be in favor of this. That’s in the zone of an SUV car service.

Definitely a lot for one way. Tiffany Town Car is our go to car service and their cost is $75 one way and $130 r/t. Compared to that, $150 one way is outrageous :sad2:.

If there’s any consolation, I haven’t received anything in the mail either. And we leave tomorrow! To date, all we received was a phone call and email from DSS exactly one week prior to our arrival date.

Hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

Definitely a lot for one way. Tiffany Town Car is our go to car service and their cost is $75 one way and $130 r/t. Compared to that, $150 one way is outrageous :sad2:.

I agree. You can rent a full size SUV or your own minivan for the week for the round trip cost. I would rather have a rental car for the week or use DME than use the Minnie vans. It might be cost effective if you have a large group that needs several car seats. I know with car rental the car seats cost extra. That was my thinking with the original Minnie vans onsite. It would be great for a family of 4-6 that needed car seats for the cost. For my DH and I it is cheaper to take an uber or lyft if we don't want to use the free transportation service. Last time we rented a SUV for a week because we were driving to Tampa to visit relatives after Disney and then returning to Orlando to visit Universal before flying home. It wasn't much more for the week than just the weekend. It was so convenient having our own car on property that we plan on renting this time even though we won't be driving to Tampa. I know many people love the free system but in my experience the waits have been long. I am a firm believer that my time is money even on vacation and that is how I determine what I am willing to pay for.

Does anyone know if RPC is still doing turn-down service? Any idea what time of day they do it at? Do you have to call and request? Honestly I don't need my bed folded down nicely, but "free" chocolate is chocolate and I always need that.
We had it in December. They came between 5-7:30 most times.

Sorry if there is a lot of rambling in here. I hope I make it clear. I have been debating asking, but here I go. Where would you stay? I am looking at AKL and Poly lagoon view both club level in the last week of August. The difference in price is only about $300 for 8 days, which we are fortunate that won't make or break either way. We will be a family of four with a princess obsessed 4 year old and an animal obsessed 2 year old (I seriously think he maybe an animal keeper when he grows up). We plan on park hopping a lot with a fair amount of time in MK/Epcot/Animal Kingdom.

I like the variety of transportation options at the Poly and the ease in and out of MK, views of the fireworks, easy access to the lounge, and I think the pool looks awesome. I also really like that it would be 2 queens and a day bed. Meaning everyone would have their own sleeping space. I am concerned about noise of the boats and fireworks waking/keeping my kids up, having to walk outside during downpours (August) to get from our room to GCH for transportation and restaurants, and if my kids are going to get run over by the bigger kids in the splash areas in the pool.

At AKL I love the Savana view for my little man and the relative quietness of the resort. I also feel like this pool area is a bit calmer and may work for our toddler better. I would request a king bed so that my husband & I can have the king, my daughter is on the daybed, and my toddler would be in a rented full size crib. However this request may not be granted and more than likely I would end up having to sleep with daughter in one queen. She kicks and moves around a lot and would not be ideal. I am not a fan of having to take a bus everywhere. My husband will have to fold up our double stroller every time we go anywhere leaving me with both kids each time. Its not so much the distance as it is getting on a bus every time. However, its still $300 cheaper.

I think both have good restaurants and I like the theme at both locations. I kind of feel silly even making this an issue as I think will both be great. Do you all think one has better club level service than the other? Where would you stay?

Thanks!

Sorry if there is a lot of rambling in here. I hope I make it clear. I have been debating asking, but here I go. Where would you stay? I am looking at AKL and Poly lagoon view both club level in the last week of August. The difference in price is only about $300 for 8 days, which we are fortunate that won't make or break either way. We will be a family of four with a princess obsessed 4 year old and an animal obsessed 2 year old (I seriously think he maybe an animal keeper when he grows up). We plan on park hopping a lot with a fair amount of time in MK/Epcot/Animal Kingdom.

I like the variety of transportation options at the Poly and the ease in and out of MK, views of the fireworks, easy access to the lounge, and I think the pool looks awesome. I also really like that it would be 2 queens and a day bed. Meaning everyone would have their own sleeping space. I am concerned about noise of the boats and fireworks waking/keeping my kids up, having to walk outside during downpours (August) to get from our room to GCH for transportation and restaurants, and if my kids are going to get run over by the bigger kids in the splash areas in the pool.

At AKL I love the Savana view for my little man and the relative quietness of the resort. I also feel like this pool area is a bit calmer and may work for our toddler better. I would request a king bed so that my husband & I can have the king, my daughter is on the daybed, and my toddler would be in a rented full size crib. However this request may not be granted and more than likely I would end up having to sleep with daughter in one queen. She kicks and moves around a lot and would not be ideal. I am not a fan of having to take a bus everywhere. My husband will have to fold up our double stroller every time we go anywhere leaving me with both kids each time. Its not so much the distance as it is getting on a bus every time. However, its still $300 cheaper.

I think both have good restaurants and I like the theme at both locations. I kind of feel silly even making this an issue as I think will both be great. Do you all think one has better club level service than the other? Where would you stay?

Thanks!
If it were me, I would do a split stay. Assuming a Saturday to following Sunday stay I would do AKL first for 4 nights and Poly for the next four. Best of both worlds!

ETA I can't speak to the better CL aspect, but being at both would make both littles happy.

Thanks!
When ours were little AKL was our go to. We love the animals, and found the resort to peaceful and nice slower pace when we’re in for the day. We love the restaurants at AKL and it was easy to stay in and enjoy nice wines. We also found the pool to be just right.

Poly is nice too and with those ages, they may love the beach and the swings. The kids play area is fun for them. At AKL you have to make the 7 minute walk to Kidani.

You can’t go wrong with either.

@ADS2508 - do you have the option for a room with bunk beds at AKL? Our only other trip, two years ago, we stayed at the WL because of the bunk beds, and I remember that AKL was the only other resort with them. I have kids who need their own sleeping spaces, too.

We have the opportunity for a quick weekend at Disney, staying two, maybe three nights. Would be flying through Orlando so it really is a quick pit stop.

Thinking about trying a resort we normally wouldn’t stay at since it’s a super short trip. Plus we have a long AKL/BC trip later in the summer.

Considering:

Sugar Loaf - pros, while lounge appears eh, lounge has good proximity to the pool. Convenient access to MK and monorail to Epcot.

Wilderness Lodge - great feedback on lounge, beer on tap had me at hello. I’m eh on the theming, no real interest in the boat to MK.

Contemporary - BTDT, lounge not convenient to the lackluster pool. Walk to MK would be a tremendous though.

Or bag CL all together.

Thinking we’d close whatever parks down in the evenings, sleep in late, pool in the afternoon.

If the FP test extends to June, I’d totally change that up and give it a go.

Open to thoughts!

In case this is helpful to others, I have updated the CL Extra FP+ Trial Program info I posted several pages back as some things have changed or we have more clarity on certain topics. Below is the latest. It’s long (sorry!) but there are a lot of details with this program.

Club Level Extra FP+ & Reserved Viewing Area Trial Program Summary

Basic Overview
  • $50 per person, per day, plus tax - 3 day minimum
  • Available 3/13/2018 and beyond
  • Includes three “Extra FPs” per day (in addition to your three ‘regular’ FPs)
  • Includes one reserved viewing area selection per night; choices are MK/HEA, Epcot/Illuminations, HS/Fantasmic!, AK/ROL
  • Extra FPs, regular FPs and nighttime viewing selections are bookable 90 days from your check-out date (yes, your check-out date, not check-in date)
  • The minimum three days do not need to be consecutive
  • Not everyone in your party must purchase this program, you can choose the individuals
  • The program requires a minimum two or three night CL or other eligible room category reservation (note: more info is needed to confirm if it’s really a two or three night minimum resort stay)
  • You are charged at the time of booking
  • There is currently no announced end date to this trial program, but like any Disney trial it could end at any time
Booking Info for the Extra FPs & Nighttime Viewing
  • Bookable 90 days from your check-out date
  • Booked via phone with Disney Signature Services (DSS)
  • You select the Extra FPs and nighttime viewing choices at the time of booking
  • The three Extra FPs and nighttime viewing selection can be modified via DSS later via phone, including the day of via phone (they give you an after-hours line to call as well since DSS closes at 5pm)
  • You cannot modify the three Extra FPs or nighttime viewing selections yourself in MDX, this can only be done by calling DSS
  • The three Extra FPs can be in any tier and any park
How this Works with the “Regular” Three FPs
  • Your regular three FPs can ALSO be booked via DSS at the 90-day before check-out mark (it’s not required, but is available at your discretion)
  • Once booked, you can immediately modify your three regular FPs yourself in MDX (but the three Extra FPs cannot be modified without calling DSS)
  • You can modify your three regular FPs to repeat a ride you have booked via an Extra FP
  • You cannot modify a regular FP to overlap a time window where you have an Extra FP booked
Reserved Nighttime Viewing Locations
  • MK/HEA - Plaza Garden West (this is the fake grass/garden area in front of Casey's, the opposite garden from where they do the Plaza Garden dessert party)
  • Epcot/Illuminations - Germany, on the water near the glass blowing cart
  • HS/Fantasmic! - Near the dessert & VIP viewing experience area
  • AK/ROL - Enter via the FP area, close to the water in that general FP area
Cancellation Info / Reservation Changes
  • There is a 2 day cancellation period
  • If you book this and then cancel a CL (or otherwise eligible) reservation after booking or modify it to a non-eligible room, the package will be cancelled and you'll receive a refund
Trial Program Caveat
  • The DSS CMs I’ve spoken too stressed this is a trial program
  • This is a pretty nuanced offering with a lot of manual entry required by DSS CMs and involves the dark underbelly of MDX
  • With something so nuanced and involving many different departments, I suspect details will continue to be fluid as we go along so all of the above is subject to change
If anyone has any questions, clarifications, other info to add, or different experiences, please let me know. Thanks!
Thanks for taking on for the team @GADisneyDad14!! I am really hoping they keep the ability to repeat one of your paid FP's with one of your free FP's.

IMG_3533.JPG

We have the opportunity for a quick weekend at Disney, staying two, maybe three nights. Would be flying through Orlando so it really is a quick pit stop.

Thinking about trying a resort we normally wouldn’t stay at since it’s a super short trip. Plus we have a long AKL/BC trip later in the summer.

Considering:

Sugar Loaf - pros, while lounge appears eh, lounge has good proximity to the pool. Convenient access to MK and monorail to Epcot.

Wilderness Lodge - great feedback on lounge, beer on tap had me at hello. I’m eh on the theming, no real interest in the boat to MK.

Contemporary - BTDT, lounge not convenient to the lackluster pool. Walk to MK would be a tremendous though.

Or bag CL all together.

Thinking we’d close whatever parks down in the evenings, sleep in late, pool in the afternoon.

Open to thoughts!
Hmmm.

Not sure if you need cl if you won't need a breakfast early or won't do appies or desserts?

At gf all the buildings are pretty close to a pool except Sago.

Wl has the beautiful boat and ability to get to CR via boat then access mono resorts for lunches if needed. I found the bus so fast we preferred that over the boat most times .

Am I the only one that loves CR pool??? Where else are there palm trees and the CR and BLT in the skyline with views of bay lake and boat horns.

If you stick with cl I vote GF. Sl is so easy to get everywhere . Even my son conceded last week it was nice. They are really good about giving beverages in plastic.

Has anyone stayed in the CR Garden Wing Hospitality Suite? Thoughts on it. Need more space this trip, don't want to give up CL by staying in a villa, and most suites are $$. We stayed CR CL atrium last time so I know about the walk from the garden wing. Anyone know how many bathrooms in the suite? Other options that I should look at for 3 adults and 3 kids?

Thanks!

I don't feel you can make a bad choice here. If I had to choose, I would say split stay and start at AKL. You can request bunk beds and they'll bring bed rails for the bottom bunk. I would also highly recommend to make one day a resort day, there's so much to do and see. Then switch to poly and make your trip more MK focused. If you don't want to do a split, go Poly. I love, AKL more than the poly (I'm in the vast minority here) but with little ones the convenience of the poly can't be beat. If you are going in August, it will most definitely rain, but highly unlikely it will be all day. Usually around 2pm. Just invest in some ponchos and a rain cover for your stroller and you'll be fine.

Considering:

Or bag CL all together.

Open to thoughts!

I sometimes have that same debate... if CL is worth it for a short trip like that. But on some level it’s a good opportunity to try a different resort/CL combination that you might not otherwise do, even if you don’t necessarily take advantage of all of the offerings. Plus it’s not like you’ve blown the budget on a longer trip if it ends up being something you don’t like.

You mention MK access three times in your thoughts. For short trips, I tend to like CR more than others, but since you’ve BTDT....I’m thinking GF SL. :-)

Happy planning!

View attachment 298394

Hmmm.

Not sure if you need cl if you won't need a breakfast early or won't do appies or desserts?

At gf all the buildings are pretty close to a pool except Sago.

Wl has the beautiful boat and ability to get to CR via boat then access mono resorts for lunches if needed. I found the bus so fast we preferred that over the boat most times .

Am I the only one that loves CR pool??? Where else are there palm trees and the CR and BLT in the skyline with views of bay lake and boat horns.

If you stick with cl I vote GF. Sl is so easy to get everywhere . Even my son conceded last week it was nice. They are really good about giving beverages in plastic.
Cheers! Love that view.

Go figure that I pretty much had decided SL with non CL GF as a backup. Called the BounceBack line to see what was available for my dates. Nothing other than suites at GF!

My choices were CR CL or Garden Deluxe. WL standard view no club or deluxe room club. Or BWI deluxe studio only.

And... we’re now booked CR deluxe. Will keep an eye out for an AP or general public discount for SL or just GF. Something to stalk. :fish:

Last edited:
If it were me, I would do a split stay. Assuming a Saturday to following Sunday stay I would do AKL first for 4 nights and Poly for the next four. Best of both worlds!

ETA I can't speak to the better CL aspect, but being at both would make both littles happy.

I agree. If a split stay is an option, you can experience both resorts/CLs and make both kiddos happy. If a split isn't possible, I would probably opt for the Poly for transportation/convenience with the little ones. With that said, both resorts are great, so as others have posted, you really can't go wrong with either one. Good luck and happy planning :wizard:.

When ours were little AKL was our go to. We love the animals, and found the resort to peaceful and nice slower pace when we’re in for the day. We love the restaurants at AKL and it was easy to stay in and enjoy nice wines. We also found the pool to be just right.

Poly is nice too and with those ages, they may love the beach and the swings. The kids play area is fun for them. At AKL you have to make the 7 minute walk to Kidani.

You can’t go wrong with either.

All very good points :thumbsup2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter