• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We just returned from a nice (and warm) stay at the Beach club and then a few days at the PBR at Universal and I wanted to do a quick chime in on the dog sightings while at the resort since it shares with the YC. This is for info only, I love dogs and have always had at least one but not a big fan of Disney's new policy. I think this was our 15th trip in 26 years and before this trip I could have counted the number of dogs spotted at Disney on one hand.

Within an hour of arrival we saw a mini poodle coming out of the International Gateway and would see this dog again the next morning inside the Boardwalk bakery. I also saw a small dog walking into Club cool in EPCOT and a different one being carried down main street in the MK. None of these dogs had any service dog harnesses on. I did see a German Shepard with a service vest on in the MK and two other large dogs wearing muzzles on the boat over to the Wilderness Lodge. Early on our last morning I saw a small bulldog walking on the walkway by the water by Stormalong bay. During our short trip I think my husband and I counted at least eight different dogs around our resort and in the parks. They didn't bother us or impact my stay in any way but I will say I was really surprised by the number of obvious pets that I saw inside the parks.

Appreciate this information. Like you, we can count the number of dogs we have seen at WDW over the years on one hand- and have been there many times. We are going over for a short visit in a couple of weeks- then again in the middle of December and again mid January. For our March trip- we have a BWI CL room booked because it is convenient to EP F&G. Being highly allergic to dogs (but not 'disliking' them in any way) if we see an undue amount of dogs in the park and/or restaurants over in that area we will stay elsewhere. Don't have an issue with service animals- but the number of dogs you saw over a few days indicates to me that this experience was more about the pet policy and less about a handicapped person that requires an assist.

We just returned from a nice (and warm) stay at the Beach club and then a few days at the PBR at Universal and I wanted to do a quick chime in on the dog sightings while at the resort since it shares with the YC. This is for info only, I love dogs and have always had at least one but not a big fan of Disney's new policy. I think this was our 15th trip in 26 years and before this trip I could have counted the number of dogs spotted at Disney on one hand.

Within an hour of arrival we saw a mini poodle coming out of the International Gateway and would see this dog again the next morning inside the Boardwalk bakery. I also saw a small dog walking into Club cool in EPCOT and a different one being carried down main street in the MK. None of these dogs had any service dog harnesses on. I did see a German Shepard with a service vest on in the MK and two other large dogs wearing muzzles on the boat over to the Wilderness Lodge. Early on our last morning I saw a small bulldog walking on the walkway by the water by Stormalong bay. During our short trip I think my husband and I counted at least eight different dogs around our resort and in the parks. They didn't bother us or impact my stay in any way but I will say I was really surprised by the number of obvious pets that I saw inside the parks.

DH and I were too surprised at the number of dogs seen in the parks during our trip in October (the week before the trial pet policy announcement) which I guess shouldn't surprise us too much since we are seeing more and more support dogs elsewhere in our everyday lives. I will say we didn't see service animals at WL CL during our stay in October.

DH and I were at WL CL in October and found the staff great and had no problems with them getting us drinks etc. In fact a couple times DH asked if they could leave the cap on the beer bottle instead of opening it and they said sure no problem. I would still stay at WL For your trip next December!

@Gryhndmom , THANK YOU! Awesome feedback! We are considering switching from WL CL to CR CL TPV, but it sounds like WL CL is well-loved!

Just did my final payment for YC club level for 12/15-22/18. :yay: We stayed Club level at Boardwalk 7 years ago so looking forward to that experience again.

That's always a great feeling! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Hey guys!!! I’m officially down to SINGLE DIGITS!!!! 9 DAYS to go!!! I can’t wait to get back to our ‘happy place!!’

Just finished packing, only have the small stuff to throw in last minute now! I can’t believe it’s almost here!!! :banana::darth::earsgirl:

:cool1::cheer2::yay: :bounce:

Appreciate this information. Like you, we can count the number of dogs we have seen at WDW over the years on one hand- and have been there many times. We are going over for a short visit in a couple of weeks- then again in the middle of December and again mid January. For our March trip- we have a BWI CL room booked because it is convenient to EP F&G. Being highly allergic to dogs (but not 'disliking' them in any way) if we see an undue amount of dogs in the park and/or restaurants over in that area we will stay elsewhere. Don't have an issue with service animals- but the number of dogs you saw over a few days indicates to me that this experience was more about the pet policy and less about a handicapped person that requires an assist.
I’m confused. Outside of service dogs, I thought all pets were confined to the room or designated pet walk areas and not the restaurants, pools, or theme parks. Please correct me if I’m wrong!

I’m confused. Outside of service dogs, I thought all pets were confined to the room or designated pet walk areas and not the restaurants, pools, or theme parks. Please correct me if I’m wrong!

That's the point. It seems people taking pets aren't following policy. There was a pic of one on a bed (a violation of written policy and a trip to the ER for me if I followed that person the next week in the same room), and now dogs in restaurants is a particularly disturbing report. A trip to the ER isn't on my list of a 'magical' WDW vacation. Disney needs to get a handle on this policy, formalize it, make ALL policies publicly known instead of having to make calls to Disney and be met with inconsistent information, ENFORCE it- or get rid of it completely.

That's the point. It seems people taking pets aren't following policy. There was a pic of one on a bed (a violation of written policy and a trip to the ER for me if I followed that person the next week in the same room), and now dogs in restaurants is a particularly disturbing report. A trip to the ER isn't on my list of a 'magical' WDW vacation. Disney needs to get a handle on this policy, formalize it, make ALL policies publicly known instead of having to make calls to Disney and be met with inconsistent information, ENFORCE it- or get rid of it completely.
Thank you for confirming I haven’t gone crazy! I agree that Disney should have had their ducks in a row so to speak and had a clear cut policy and enforce it consistently throughout WDW. It’s easier to start out extremely strict then loosen the rules as time goes on than to regain control after having helter skelter.

That was my thought as well but that was totally not the case! The small mini poodle was inside the Boardwalk bakery and was riding in the basket of his owners scooter when we saw them leaving EPCOT. I took a photo of the little dog going into Club Cool but have no clue how to post it. I wasn't really looking for them and my husband noticed a couple that I didn't. It was pretty eye opening and as I said they didn't bother me at all. With the exception of the very large dog wearing a muzzle on the boat, I made my husband sit beside him. I just thought that if someone was deathly afraid of dogs they might be a little surprised by the number of dogs. To be fair though it was just a short block of time.

Just an FYI...service dogs are not required to wear any kind of vest. There is lots of good info regarding service dogs on the ADA website. And conversely, anyone could purchase a service vest for their pet, making it appear to be a service dog if they chose to do so.

Q8. Do service animals have to wear a vest or patch or special harness identifying them as service animals?

A. No. The ADA does not require service animals to wear a vest, ID tag, or specific harness.
Yes I know but the smaller dogs we saw were obviously pets and not service dogs. It seems like the policy on dogs is a "don't ask don't tell" or in this case the CM are not telling guests that they can't bring the dogs into the parks or stores, and the guests aren't asking if they can bring them in.

Yes I know but the smaller dogs we saw were obviously pets and not service dogs. It seems like the policy on dogs is a "don't ask don't tell" or in this case the CM are not telling guests that they can't bring the dogs into the parks or stores, and the guests aren't asking if they can bring them in.

It is a complicated situation. It does violate a guest's health privacy if they must tell what their reason is for needing the dog. Many legitimate reasons for having a service dog are not obvious to onlookers. Dogs can be trained to remind a person with depression to take their medication. I think the CMs probably have been instructed not to ask, for good reason.

That said, I have no interest in staying at a resort that allows dogs - service or pets. But I do agree with people not being required to "prove" that they need a dog to perform a task for them.

LOL!!!! Exactly!!! Notice I snuck Darth in there?! :laughing:

Would have used this one if it had been WDW, not DL! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

giphy.gif

I could never bring my pups with me into a space I know they are not allowed. For one I’m a rule follower & two I’d be mortified if I were called out for it. I don’t understand people who go with the “well no one told me” (while knowing the rules) or “ let them stop me” attitudes. It’s beyond my scope of imagination to act so entitled. Just saying.

That was my thought as well but that was totally not the case! The small mini poodle was inside the Boardwalk bakery and was riding in the basket of his owners scooter when we saw them leaving EPCOT. I took a photo of the little dog going into Club Cool but have no clue how to post it. I wasn't really looking for them and my husband noticed a couple that I didn't. It was pretty eye opening and as I said they didn't bother me at all. With the exception of the very large dog wearing a muzzle on the boat, I made my husband sit beside him. I just thought that if someone was deathly afraid of dogs they might be a little surprised by the number of dogs. To be fair though it was just a short block of time.
We were there last weekend and saw more dogs that we’ve ever seen before. We stayed BWI and our sightings were around the Boardwalk. Some with service dog tags on their harness, but most did not. Even saw a dog riding in a stroller. Another small, lap like dog walking around. I would have been uncomfortable to have been around a big dog with a muzzle in a close space.

I received a call from a woman from Guest Relations two weeks ago where she positively assured me that all dogs at YC would be confined to the 1st floor...no exceptions. So naturally, when the Trip Advisor review showed up with the dog obviously on the CL floor, I forwarded the information to her, and the voicemail I got back claims she said they would be allowed in certain sections of the resort, and that I must have been mistaken thinking she said first floor only.

So now apparently, I'm hearing things. :sad2:

Are there any special offerings on New Years Eve in club level? Will be at Yacht club this year for the first time for new year celebration.

Okay, so after reading pages and pages and pages of this thread, but still not all of it, I have decided that we MUST keep the CL room. :tongue::tongue::tongue: We also ended up not needing a really costly home repair that we thought we definitely needed, so of course we should use some of that money to cover the CL difference! That's how the Disney math I read about works, right?

As I mentioned, I didn't make it through all 643 pages, so I'm wondering if someone can point me to the latest information about the Poly CL food and drink offerings. I saw from this thread that they changed a lot over the past few years, but couldn't find the latest and greatest information. TIA!

That's always a great feeling! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

:cool1::cheer2::yay: :bounce:

@mickeynut1.....in regards to the Bulls/Spurs game...just wanted to say How 'bout those Spurs?!? ( kinda surprised the Spurs actually won especially the way they have been playing lately!) Drinks on me if we are ever at WDW at the same time! Maybe one of the club levels will let us sneak a whole bottle of wine!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter