Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I would like to say I stalked this thread last year before making the decision on poly club level. It wasn't in thg cards for us to do club level this year however. We had a six night trip planned at boardwalk inn...on Monday , on a whim , I changed and made the first three nights at Grand Floridian.

We checked in a few hours ago. WE ARE UPGRADED TO MAIN BUILDING ROYAL PALM !!!!! I literally started crying and shaking in the lobby when we found out !! Arrived too late for the lounge, so it all starts for us tomorrow.

Had to share :)

I would like to say I stalked this thread last year before making the decision on poly club level. It wasn't in thg cards for us to do club level this year however. We had a six night trip planned at boardwalk inn...on Monday , on a whim , I changed and made the first three nights at Grand Floridian.

We checked in a few hours ago. WE ARE UPGRADED TO MAIN BUILDING ROYAL PALM !!!!! I literally started crying and shaking in the lobby when we found out !! Arrived too late for the lounge, so it all starts for us tomorrow.

Awesome! Love it when those "whims" work out beautifully...enjoy!

I am staying 1 night in Sugar Loaf CL and then moving to RPC for 3 nights. Will the GF move my luggage for me or will I have to "check" out, give my luggage to bell services and have it delivered to the new room?

Bell services would be the ones to get your luggage and hold it if your RPC room isn't ready. You can call them from your SL room to come get it or take it to them when you go to check in for your RPC stay. As trisha posted, you will have to be in the new room for it to be delivered as they won't deliver it without anyone there to receive it.

I managed to change our reservations and instead of doing a split BC / CR we are now staying all 6 nights at in the Tower CL at the CR! YAY!
It was not easy but thanks to an amazing CR IPO Cast Member that made the connection with the Guest Services Manager at the CR... we are set!

So happy not having to move resorts...and we wont miss SAB since we will be doing the Waterparks. I like the CR so much more although I was looking forward to seeing the new rooms at the BC!

Glad everything worked out for the CR! Have a great trip :wizard:.

What an awesome upgrade :yay:. You are going to love staying RPC. The GF is a great resort, but RPC is amazing!! Have a great time :goodvibes.

Just found this thread, hope you can help me decide...

Which standard room, Club Level would you choose?
Yacht Club, BoardWalk, Animal Kingdom, or Wilderness Lodge?

Any recommendations? Best food choices? Pros/cons to any of them?

Awesome!!! I loved RPC, and what would have made it better would have been if the upgrade had been free!!!! Enjoy!

Woo hoo!! Nice!!! Enjoy and let us know how your trip goes!

This will be our first deluxe AND club level stay! SO very excited!!! I've enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts/experiences/suggestions. Do yall still get the refillable mugs when you are CL, or no? We will be at yacht club, and I've heard the refill station is a bit of a walk so really starting to question whether that's something we'll do or not. Any insight is appreciated! :)

Oh, and is it true you always receive a glass of welcome champagne upon arrival? Is there access to champagne in the lounge in the evenings, or is that a treat limited to arrival? Either way, sounds like a dream :)

Can someone help me with room requests? We'll be staing Club Level at AKL on rented DVC Points. I believe this puts us on the 6th floor.

My options for online check-in are:
Upper Floor
Arusha Savannah View
Kudu Trail View
Near Lobby
Near Elevator
Lower Floor

Upper floor and lower floor don't matter I don't think since I thought I read that DVC Club Level rooms are all on the 6th floor.

What would you request and why?

This will be our first deluxe AND club level stay! SO very excited!!! I've enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts/experiences/suggestions. Do yall still get the refillable mugs when you are CL, or no? We will be at yacht club, and I've heard the refill station is a bit of a walk so really starting to question whether that's something we'll do or not. Any insight is appreciated! :)

Oh, and is it true you always receive a glass of welcome champagne upon arrival? Is there access to champagne in the lounge in the evenings, or is that a treat limited to arrival? Either way, sounds like a dream :)

we do not usually get refillable mugs when we stay CL, but I drink mostly Diet Coke and that is readily available at the lounge. My DH drinks Diet Coke, sprite zero, and the wine/liquors primarily, so he's happy with the lounge also. We did get one refillable mug when we stayed in a deluxe CL room at the WL and our room was on a different floor from the lounge. The reason we did that was two-fold - it was a hike to the lounge so it wasn't as convenient to just run and get a drink, but mainly because our DS likes the light lemonade that they had at roaring forks, and the lounge didn't have that. I guess we didn't do that at the other CL's we've stayed at because the lounhe was right there, so he drank juice and milk. At the Poly and GF RPC we never needed nor wanted the mug - we were happy with the CL choices.

We have stayed CL at the Poly 3x, GF RPC once, and WL once and have never been offered champagne upon arrival. I think we were offered soft drinks or water at the Poly most times, nothing at the GF, and at the WL they did offer wine (since they don't have champagne there, I guess the wine would count. So it's one out of five for something other than diet coke.) We always check in mid-day also, so it's not like it's 8 AM or something. Someone else will know for sure, but the only CL I'm aware of that has champagne is the GF. I would love it if they all had it - I really like champagne but am not much of a wine drinker.

You'll love deluxe and CL! We always used to say POR was our favorite resort, and we still love it, but after staying deluxe in all of the MK resorts it's hard to go backwards. We've done it and still had a great trip when we stayed at Pop, and still love POR, but the deluxes have become our favorites overall.

Can someone help me with room requests? We'll be staing Club Level at AKL on rented DVC Points. I believe this puts us on the 6th floor.

My options for online check-in are:
Upper Floor
Arusha Savannah View
Kudu Trail View
Near Lobby
Near Elevator
Lower Floor

Upper floor and lower floor don't matter I don't think since I thought I read that DVC Club Level rooms are all on the 6th floor.

What would you request and why?
There's really no reason to request any of these. None of them pertain to CL DVC. Depending upon room size, there are only 5 rooms available of each type. So you will either be facing the roof with pool or the roof with a savannah view that hardly any animals go in. You are correct that all are on the 6th floor, they are all near the lobby and elevator.

@ninafeliz good to know a champagne welcome is not an automatic. I had read something about a strawberry champagne offered at arrival over on the bc/yc board--can anyone confirm? don't want to have my expectations way off base!

thanks for your feedback. thinking we, too, will probably not purchase the mugs this trip. want to take complete advantage of everything CL has to offer, and seems like heading to the lounge for our beverages will be one of the ways to do that.

I am so looking forward to our first deluxe stay. don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore POR, but I am just so excited to try something new. it will probably be our last trip before starting a family, so figured now was a good of time as any to give deluxe/CL a try! :) that being said, my husband still thinks we are staying at POR. I'm trying to figure out the best way to surprise him. any thoughts? should I wait until we are assigned to our queue for magical express and then break it to him? at what point do I let him know we will be club level? when you check in is it a big to-do and he will catch on, or should I inform him in advance?

When are you going? YC is due to be rehabbed and I wouldn't stay there again until it is finished which I think is due to be done by the end of this year. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong on the dates. WL is going to have some MAJOR construction for about a year and a half (starting late sept/early oct). Given, the CL rooms or main lodge is not part of this but the rest of the resort looks as though it's getting a major overhaul.

Out of your choices we've only stayed CL at the WL, but AKL CL is on our list to try as it gets a lot of great reviews. With that said, WL CL is amazing! The food offerings are great, the lounge is nice with plenty of seating, and the CL CMs are awesome! The lounges at WL and AKL have seating arranged along the railing that overlooks the lobby, which is nice as you can relax while watching the hustle and bustle of the lobby below :).

I like having the mugs as souvenirs so we always get them (even on CL stays), but they really aren't a necessity when staying CL as drinks are available throughout the day in the lounge ;).

@ninafeliz good to know a champagne welcome is not an automatic. I had read something about a strawberry champagne offered at arrival over on the bc/yc board--can anyone confirm? don't want to have my expectations way off base!

thanks for your feedback. thinking we, too, will probably not purchase the mugs this trip. want to take complete advantage of everything CL has to offer, and seems like heading to the lounge for our beverages will be one of the ways to do that.

I am so looking forward to our first deluxe stay. don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore POR, but I am just so excited to try something new. it will probably be our last trip before starting a family, so figured now was a good of time as any to give deluxe/CL a try! :) that being said, my husband still thinks we are staying at POR. I'm trying to figure out the best way to surprise him. any thoughts? should I wait until we are assigned to our queue for magical express and then break it to him? at what point do I let him know we will be club level? when you check in is it a big to-do and he will catch on, or should I inform him in advance?

I surprised my DH with our CL stay at AKL in 2013. He knew we were staying at AKL but when we got to the hotel I knew to look for the CM at the door. So when we got there I walked up to the lady and he pretty much just followed and I gave her our name and then she said 'follow me' and took us upstairs...so he figured something was going on when we bypassed the desk towards the elevator! It was a fun surprise and your hubby will love it!

I like the idea that when you get to the queue and he starts towards the POR line say, 'um....actually....we need to go this way!' Or....print out a pic of YC and give him an 'I love you card' on the plane with the pic on the inside so he can get excited on the way there! Then the CL surprise he'll figure out at check-in!

Fun!!

That's funny, I had no idea POR was your initial resort - I just mentioned it because it was our favorite resort before we had kids and started staying mainly on the monorail for convenience - and got hooked!

I'm not sure on the best way to surprise him, I'll let others chime in because I'm sure they have great ideas! However, I wanted to let you know how our check ins have gone, just so you know it isn't always the same. Keep in mind we have never stayed CL at the YC or any Epcot resorts. In our 3x at the Poly once we were greeted at the front and taken on a golf cart to the CL building - but that time we drove and had all of our luggage. The other 2 times we took the magical express, once we had someone greet us with an ipad and take us to CL, and the other time we had to go into the lobby and find someone to take us. At the GF we took the ME, and no one met us off of the bus at all. We got our carry-ons and stroller and wandered in to the lobby and found someone to tell we were staying CL. Then we stood on the lobby for like 10 min while they tried to figure out what to do with us! Someone came and brought a welcome package to us that was some other family with the same last name! Finally someone just took us up to the CL floor to get us checked in, and it still wasn't all that smooth. At the WL I told them immediately we were CL, and we were with my MIL who was not CL, so they did take us right up and someone else took her to check in at the main desk. SO overall we have not been that impressed with CL check in. We still stay CL, it's not like it ruins it for us, but I keep waiting for the wonderful experience where they know we are coming and whisk us away and hand us champagne before they give us an upgraded room :rotfl2:. The closest we came was our very first CL stay at the Poly when we drive and got the golf cart. But I keep hoping, and my DH keeps making fun of me for it! But long story shirt, unless you get luckier than we ever did, he might not catch on until you are taken to a separate check in, unless you have to make a big production to get that separate check in and then he'll have to find out then! If all goes smoothly they will just say something about taking you to the club lever floor for check in, and you could let him know then, But there will be a CM with you, so it's not like you'll be alone to explain.

I don't mean to sound negative, we like CL so much we have 2 upcoming CL stays planned, but the check in seems to be hit or miss!

When are you going? YC is due to be rehabbed and I wouldn't stay there again until it is finished which I think is due to be done by the end of this year. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong on the dates. WL is going to have some MAJOR construction for about a year and a half (starting late sept/early oct). Given, the CL rooms or main lodge is not part of this but the rest of the resort looks as though it's getting a major overhaul.

We will be there in mid-November. The refurb time line is definitely something I have been stressing over.

1) I read that during the BC reno they completely shut down the lounge and club level floor while they were doing work. I've heard rumors that they may start construction early fall, and assuming they started too floor and worked their way down again, what would they do with those of us reserved in CL rooms if come mid-November they are working on that part of the resort? Or is the fact that there was inventory during that time a sign that there won't be construction on our rooms at that point?

2) the other available option we currently have would be to do atrium club level at the contemporary, but it is about $1500 more (we are applying a bounceback discount to our current reservation and couldn't do that with the CR option). Is that worth the extra money, or should we stay put and see how it plays out?

Thanks y'all for all your feedback so far!! So helpful!

Lol
That's funny, I had no idea POR was your initial resort - I just mentioned it because it was our favorite resort before we had kids and started staying mainly on the monorail for convenience - and got hooked!

I'm not sure on the best way to surprise him, I'll let others chime in because I'm sure they have great ideas! However, I wanted to let you know how our check ins have gone, just so you know it isn't always the same. Keep in mind we have never stayed CL at the YC or any Epcot resorts. In our 3x at the Poly once we were greeted at the front and taken on a golf cart to the CL building - but that time we drove and had all of our luggage. The other 2 times we took the magical express, once we had someone greet us with an ipad and take us to CL, and the other time we had to go into the lobby and find someone to take us. At the GF we took the ME, and no one met us off of the bus at all. We got our carry-ons and stroller and wandered in to the lobby and found someone to tell we were staying CL. Then we stood on the lobby for like 10 min while they tried to figure out what to do with us! Someone came and brought a welcome package to us that was some other family with the same last name! Finally someone just took us up to the CL floor to get us checked in, and it still wasn't all that smooth. At the WL I told them immediately we were CL, and we were with my MIL who was not CL, so they did take us right up and someone else took her to check in at the main desk. SO overall we have not been that impressed with CL check in. We still stay CL, it's not like it ruins it for us, but I keep waiting for the wonderful experience where they know we are coming and whisk us away and hand us champagne before they give us an upgraded room :rotfl2:. The closest we came was our very first CL stay at the Poly when we drive and got the golf cart. But I keep hoping, and my DH keeps making fun of me for it! But long story shirt, unless you get luckier than we ever did, he might not catch on until you are taken to a separate check in, unless you have to make a big production to get that separate check in and then he'll have to find out then! If all goes smoothly they will just say something about taking you to the club lever floor for check in, and you could let him know then, But there will be a CM with you, so it's not like you'll be alone to explain.

I don't mean to sound negative, we like CL so much we have 2 upcoming CL stays planned, but the check in seems to be hit or miss!

Lol no, I appreciate the honest insight. Plus, it helps me temper my expectations. Would hate to show up thinking they throw confetti at us and set off fireworks and do a welxome song/dance when that can't be further from the truth.

Thank you, and please keep sharing your insight!! To this point, POr has been the favorite. Encouraging to know how much you enjoyed your stays elsewhere! I've been nervous we might regret it.

Thinking for now I will surprise him with the yacht club stay sat stay when we get down to magical express and then wait to spill about club level until we get to the resort and he catches on... If I can keep it secret for that long!

Lol

Lol no, I appreciate the honest insight. Plus, it helps me temper my expectations. Would hate to show up thinking they throw confetti at us and set off fireworks and do a welxome song/dance when that can't be further from the truth.

Thank you, and please keep sharing your insight!! To this point, POr has been the favorite. Encouraging to know how much you enjoyed your stays elsewhere! I've been nervous we might regret it.

Thinking for now I will surprise him with the yacht club stay sat stay when we get down to magical express and then wait to spill about club level until we get to the resort and he catches on... If I can keep it secret for that long!

I totally get where you are coming from. When I was younger and still going with my parents (ages ago!) they once got a call offering a free upgrade to WL from POR back when the WL first opened. My dad took it, but we really wondered if we had done the right thing until we actually checked in, b/c we liked the moderates so well! We of course didn't regret it, and loved the WL and really loved having the balcony, but it was a concern and we never felt like the moderates were bad, or a compromise!

On a side note, have you ever seen Bob Jackson at POR? We always loved him, and he's the main reason I do still occasionally miss POR when we're at the MK resorts! We always made it a point to go see his show no matter where we stayed before kids, but after kids we just can't be all the way at POR that late, we usually want to be back at our resort to see wishes and get them ready for bed. Prior to kids I never thought I would comsider a show that was 8:30-mm late- bit things change!!!

Ok, I am having a hard time deciding between WL deluxe and BWI deluxe room. We are only going to be there 3 nights, but we loved WL club level last time. With the construction at WL and F&W, I am leaning towards BWI. There is not much information on that particular club lounge on the boards, so if anyone has stayed there I would love input. I also don't see a list of the food offerings there, does anyone have a copy? Thanks for all the help!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter