Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Here's the beer DH loved at BC. I think they said it's a local beer. I think DH said they had it when we were at Poly too, but the beer brands do change a bit as do a few other things ( Pinot grigio at BC, champagne at GF). View attachment 102181View attachment 102182
These are the cordials at BC last week, although it seems they are the same at GF and Poly.

The photo of the beer is a Hawaiian brand...kona brewing company. The longboard lager is the most popular. Is this at poly cl? Makes sense if it is. Just got back from contemporary your cl stay but am from Hawaii so staying at poly isn't high on our list! That beer however is great. So is the fire rock if you ever spot it in the grocery store.

The photo of the beer is a Hawaiian brand...kona brewing company. The longboard lager is the most popular. Is this at poly cl? Makes sense if it is. Just got back from contemporary your cl stay but am from Hawaii so staying at poly isn't high on our list! That beer however is great. So is the fire rock if you ever spot it in the grocery store.

That beer was actually at the BC, but DH confirmed that they had it at Poly too. DH just told me it was another beer at BC that was a local beer. I suppose I was only half-listening to the conversation about beer since I don't like beer ...I was probably drinking Pinot Grigio while DH was taking to the CM about the beer-lol:)

Just got back from contemporary your cl stay but am from Hawaii so staying at poly isn't high on our list! That beer however is great. So is the fire rock if you ever spot it in the grocery store.

How did you like CL at Contemporary? Do you remember what beers and hot foods they had in the evening?

Here's an odd request for those of y'all that are very experienced CL pros. :) We are pretty set on staying at both GF RPC and Poly CL in the near future. When we are down for our next trip to CR in October, we'll be booking another trip for May 2016 at either GF or Poly.

So here's my question: does anyone have any photos or experiences with GF main building rooms 4329 or 4429? We've been looking at layouts of the deluxe king CL rooms and as nice as the turret rooms are, I REALLY want a balcony. I'd gladly give up room size for one. Are 4329/4429 king rooms? We would love a monorail view so we are hoping they are! I know there are deluxe king rooms on the 2nd floor that have balconies, but I honestly would rather see the monorail than the castle (yes, it's sacrilege, I know!). Anyone familiar with these rooms?
We booked a std room rpc for 1 night followed by 2 nights deluxe king.(couldn't get pass holder for all 3 nights).

Night 1 we had 4329. The room is smaller but it has a double length balcony. It has a different layout than the std 2queen rooms. We asked to stay there instead of moving to deluxe king. They couldn't accommodate but I have to say for a balcony lover myself I'm glad I did. There are no words to describe how awesome the turret rooms are with so many many windows!!!(room 4030 which is 5th floor).

Anyways, for std rpc a king is REQUEST only.

I really liked the rooms location and big balcony.

We booked a std room rpc for 1 night followed by 2 nights deluxe king.(couldn't get pass holder for all 3 nights).

Night 1 we had 4329. The room is smaller but it has a double length balcony. It has a different layout than the std 2queen rooms. We asked to stay there instead of moving to deluxe king. They couldn't accommodate but I have to say for a balcony lover myself I'm glad I did. There are no words to describe how awesome the turret rooms are with so many many windows!!!(room 4030 which is 5th floor).

Anyways, for std rpc a king is REQUEST only.

I really liked the rooms location and big balcony.

Thank you for this! It's exactly what I was looking for. I didn't realize that 4329/4429 were Standard King, so that kind of changes things a bit (since we wouldn't be able to guarantee a King room). I admit I'm really skeptical about the whole "not having a balcony" thing in a turret room, but it's good to hear from a fellow balcony lover that it wasn't a problem for you. I might be overestimating my balcony requirement here. :)

One more question for you: do the turret room windows open?

We are now within the 60 days for online check in. Our thinking is that if we do it, we might have a better chance of getting into our room earlier. Any thoughts?

We already have requested bunk beds on our reservation and since we know we will be on the 7th floor (we are at WL) we don't have any requests to put in.

Since this is our first time staying at CL (or WL for that matter) we still would like to talk with a CL CM to get info. upon arrival. If we check in online can we do this? If we check in online will they still meet us downstairs and bring us up?

What are the negatives of OLCI in our situation?

TIA
We loved our stay at WL club and also requested a bunk bed. We did do online check in and out room was not ready when we checked in, but we were there at 7:30 am. We received a phone call around noon that it was ready. It wasn't bad at all because we had breakfast after dropping all our luggage at bell service and went to MK until the call. When we came back we stopped at the 7th floor concierge desk and asked for our luggage to be sent up. It was an easy process. I would not make any other requests than bunk beds if that is important to you, because there aren't many of them on the 7th floor. As for online checkin, you will still be brought upstairs by club level because your bands won't work on the elevator until you have used them to open your room door first. Have a wonderful time! You will love WL! We are booked in a deluxe room for Oct.!

How did you like CL at Contemporary? Do you remember what beers and hot foods they had in the evening?

Our stay was fab!! We were in a suite which put us in tower club. The lounge from what the cms said is much smaller than 12th atrium as we couldn't see for ourselves as when we asked they said we could only use the 14th floor lounge. Several times during our stay the elevator stopped on 12 and the noise level from atrium lounge was loud!
Food was very good. I do wish they had more selection for breakfast, perhaps a small cheese/cold cut platter but that's me as I'm not a typical breakfast food eater. 5-7pm selections were always great and there was a ton of food options. The regular cheese/crudités/bread options along with a small bite, one night was a watermelon/feta/balsamic (which my 2year old daughter had 4 of!) sometimes it was beef tartare or seared ahi. Along with pot stickers, lamb skewers, bruschetta, beef kebabs, shrimp cakes and more but I really can't recall lol.
Beer selection was standard. Bud/bud light/yingling and I think one other. This along with wine and cordials were all self service.
One thing to note was that they cms always asked if we were done when they were getting ready to switch to a new service or at the end of the night. They encouraged us to take as much as we wanted...even Saranwrapped cookies for my husband as they said if we didn't take it they'd just be throwing everything out!!! The amount of food was bigger than I expected and most nights I only ordered soup or salad for dinner as I had had enough from the cl earlier.

Thank you for this! It's exactly what I was looking for. I didn't realize that 4329/4429 were Standard King, so that kind of changes things a bit (since we wouldn't be able to guarantee a King room). I admit I'm really skeptical about the whole "not having a balcony" thing in a turret room, but it's good to hear from a fellow balcony lover that it wasn't a problem for you. I might be overestimating my balcony requirement here. :)

I know you didn't ask me this question, but I thought I'd chime in since I'm bored...I know some of the windows in the turret rooms open because we open them to watch Wishes from the room sometimes....but we always request the turret rooms with a MK view. If you're lucky enough to get a turret room, I don't think you'll miss the balcony at all! Besides, you can always go out on the third floor balcony. There's rarely anyone out there. My DH isn't a smoker usually but loves to smoke a cigar out there while on vacation.

I know you didn't ask me this question, but I thought I'd chime in since I'm bored...I know some of the windows in the turret rooms open because we open them to watch Wishes from the room sometimes....but we always request the turret rooms with a MK view. If you're lucky enough to get a turret room, I don't think you'll miss the balcony at all! Besides, you can always go out on the third floor balcony. There's rarely anyone out there. My DH isn't a smoker usually but loves to smoke a cigar out there while on vacation.

This is great to know! Thank you!!

Ya, I put the desk chair in front of the window and opened it to listen to Disney sounds. They are screened too!

I found I preferred to sit on the fifth floor lounge area (vs 4th floor) because it is really high and has an awesome view!!! Lots of windows and seating is available up there.

Thanks for answering for me! I got busy shopping and cleaning. Ds high school grad in 2weeks , lots to do!!

Our stay was fab!! We were in a suite which put us in tower club. The lounge from what the cms said is much smaller than 12th atrium as we couldn't see for ourselves as when we asked they said we could only use the 14th floor lounge.

Thanks for posting the food and drink selections.

Too bad about the lounge access as I've always heard you could use either if on the 14th floor. Even the CM I spoke to last week made a point of mentioning it.

Thanks for answering for me! I got busy shopping and cleaning. Ds high school grad in 2weeks , lots to do!!

Congrats on your son's graduation! I'm sure you have mixed emotions about that, huh?? Ill be so proud when DD16 graduates (junior in the fall), but I will also be a mess because I'll miss her so much! However, DH and I were just talking about how much cheaper it will be for just the two of us to go to Disney...but DD11 will still be here for a while - lol. Take lots of pictures! I wish I had taken more through the years:(

I am a bit of a broken record- but I need some help deciding... I am really concerned about the construction noise at WL. People are reporting jack hammering sounds during the day and all kinds of construction noises. Oddly enough, the booking engines reports noise at the Poly but not WL. Isn't a lot of the Poly noise isolated to one area now??? Anyway- my on property Disney portion of my stay is Sept 27-Oct 1st. We are currently in a Deluxe at WL with Club access. I am consumed with thoughts about whether this is the right decision to make. We like the idea of the deluxe because it gives us a separate room for my son- who just turned 2. We can do the one room, but a little separation would be nice.

So, here are my options- please help me think about this. We for sure want to be in the MK area. We want it to be convenient to get to the MK we are going 2 of the 4 park days. (One more piece of info- we have gone to disney like 5 times with our son, we aren't looking for things to be the perfect first trip, but he is a napper still. And that time is precious to all 3 of us. Husband rests, and I nap with my son. So we have plans in our touring plan to return to the room each day at 1ish for a nap.) Okay- my options- stay at WL in the deluxe rooms. Save $200 and stay in a stnd club level room at WL. (Money isn't super important, but $200 is $200.) Or switch. Our options our- Contemporary- stnd atrium club, $568. Poly- Lagoon view Club Level 599. ($70 more than our deluxe room.) Or Grand Floridian: Standard Club, outer building I believe- $494, or Deluxe King (club level) in the main building for $690.90. There weren't pictures for the deluxe king- do they have that window area with a couch in the deluxe kings? Because then I can put my son in his pack and play in that little window area and put the couch in front of him for a little separation...

What do you think?

I am a bit of a broken record- but I need some help deciding... I am really concerned about the construction noise at WL. People are reporting jack hammering sounds during the day and all kinds of construction noises. Oddly enough, the booking engines reports noise at the Poly but not WL. Isn't a lot of the Poly noise isolated to one area now??? Anyway- my on property Disney portion of my stay is Sept 27-Oct 1st. We are currently in a Deluxe at WL with Club access. I am consumed with thoughts about whether this is the right decision to make. We like the idea of the deluxe because it gives us a separate room for my son- who just turned 2. We can do the one room, but a little separation would be nice.

So, here are my options- please help me think about this. We for sure want to be in the MK area. We want it to be convenient to get to the MK we are going 2 of the 4 park days. (One more piece of info- we have gone to disney like 5 times with our son, we aren't looking for things to be the perfect first trip, but he is a napper still. And that time is precious to all 3 of us. Husband rests, and I nap with my son. So we have plans in our touring plan to return to the room each day at 1ish for a nap.) Okay- my options- stay at WL in the deluxe rooms. Save $200 and stay in a stnd club level room at WL. (Money isn't super important, but $200 is $200.) Or switch. Our options our- Contemporary- stnd atrium club, $568. Poly- Lagoon view Club Level 599. ($70 more than our deluxe room.) Or Grand Floridian: Standard Club, outer building I believe- $494, or Deluxe King (club level) in the main building for $690.90. There weren't pictures for the deluxe king- do they have that window area with a couch in the deluxe kings? Because then I can put my son in his pack and play in that little window area and put the couch in front of him for a little separation...

What do you think?

I posted on the thread you started about where to stay, so I just copied/pasted from there :):

The GF RPC deluxe king (main building CL) would be your largest room option among all of your other choices. Here is a link to a post on the GF FAQ with a couple of pics of 1 of the deluxe kings in RPC:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/2014-2015-grand-floridian-resort-villas-faq.3336950/page-103

Scroll down to post #2058 by animalkingdom15. The GF deluxe rooms are around 600 sq ft compared to around 400 sq ft for standard. The GF SL rooms (outer building CL) are the same size as any other standard room, which is comparable in size to the rooms at the CR and Poly. SL does have deluxe rooms, but they are not a bookable category and are by request only. There are only a few of them, so there is a chance that if you did request it, you might not get it. With that said, if the extra cost is doable, I'd go with the RPC deluxe king. We've never stayed at the CR and have only stayed standard non-CL at the Poly, but RPC is amazing. Good luck.

I'm leaning towards that deluxe king room in RPC. I will note that I spoke to an IPO there this morning, and he was trying to push me to go to an outer building. I was a little put off by that! But I still think that is where I will end up...

What do you think?
I think because you have a young one in a stroller, CR would be a good choice. Being able to walk to and from MK is a big plus, not having to wait for crowded boats, bus or monorail.

I think because you have a young one in a stroller, CR would be a good choice. Being able to walk to and from MK is a big plus, not having to wait for crowded boats, bus or monorail.
So many options and contingencies. Yes, that is very true about the walk. We did that for a previous trip and it was great!

Am I correct in thinking that they only enlarged the lounge at the BC and not at the YC? And if so, are there plans to renovate the one at the YC?

We prefer YC over BC because it's quieter on that side (and I like the balconies). But I do think that the lounge is too small. I thought maybe we should try BWI, but I was just on that thread and the BWI for some reason isn't making me excited enough to book it. Any thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter