Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

:love:Suggestions please?!!
We have an upcoming Feb. 2019 stay with a group, but hubby and I are thinking of booking a Bounceback for just the two of us for a long weekend in late May/ early June 2019.
***We may skip the parks altogether, so the resort and CL lounge and food would be important. *** I’m thinking a lazy and luxurious adult trip! :yay:
GF (RPC) is our fave, but without the kids, we’re willing to venture away from MK area resorts if it’s worth our while!
Although I know it all depends on what would be available under the offer, if all CLs were available, which would you choose for this trip?
TIA!!!!! :thanks:

I would also pick RPC! It truly is lovely up there. You can’t beat the atmosphere in the evening with a glass of champagne in your hand and the band playing in the background. Besides the fact, they have a great food selection (and the best chicken nuggets!) lol lol Enjoy and good luck deciding!

I would also pick RPC! It truly is lovely up there. You can’t beat the atmosphere in the evening with a glass of champagne in your hand and the band playing in the background. Besides the fact, they have a great food selection (and the best chicken nuggets!) lol lol Enjoy and good luck deciding!

Thanks for the reminder!!!!!

Sweet and Sassy bbq sauce....check!!!

DSS is awesome! I called yesterday with some difficulties and they were able to get me almost everything that I was looking for! I am very impressed. The CM that I spoke with even assisted with some dining reservations for dates prior to my GF CL reservation. I call that going above and beyond!

Just wanted to share my positive experience!

Thanks for sharing! Glad you had a great experience with DSS. Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

I'm thinking BWI because of all the love this board gives it and the more adult vibe. I want mimosas on sundays! I have a 4 day weekend next September so it's looking good.

I agree, BWI gets a lot of love on these boards...which is one of the reasons that made me try it. I hope your girls weekend works out for next year ;).

Thanks! The bad news was...they had a tough loss, however the tournament was a blast, they played well, and taking home the Silver is not bad! The good news was...I managed to do my FPs juggling a hockey stick and a coffee in one hand, and my phone in the other as I got my kid to the locker room in the Olympic Center! I seemed to get everything, including FOP, although the times aren't ideal but what can you do? I'll tweak what I can.

Sorry they didn't win it all, but glad they had fun and walked away with Silver! Congrats on getting the FPs you wanted :).

We have an upcoming Feb. 2019 stay with a group, but hubby and I are thinking of booking a Bounceback for just the two of us for a long weekend in late May/ early June 2019.
***We may skip the parks altogether, so the resort and CL lounge and food would be important. *** I’m thinking a lazy and luxurious adult trip! :yay:
GF (RPC) is our fave, but without the kids, we’re willing to venture away from MK area resorts if it’s worth our while!
Although I know it all depends on what would be available under the offer, if all CLs were available, which would you choose for this trip?

I love RPC, but had my first stay at BWI CL this past June and fell in love with that as well. If you do decide to venture away from the MK area, I think BWI CL would be a great choice for an adults only getaway. Not only is the resort beautiful, but the CL offerings are great and the CL CMs are amazing! The lounge is kind of small, but in a quiet/quaint sort of way. Good luck deciding and happy planning :wizard:.

I love RPC, but had my first stay at BWI CL this past June and fell in love with that as well. If you do decide to venture away from the MK area, I think BWI CL would be a great choice for an adults only getaway. Not only is the resort beautiful, but the CL offerings are great and the CL CMs are amazing! The lounge is kind of small, but in a quiet/quaint sort of way. Good luck deciding and happy planning :wizard:.

Happy to hear that you had a good time at BWI CL! It is our favourite CL in the Epcot area - we also found the CM's there to be willing to help and pleasant to deal with/talk to. We felt like we were friends by the time we left. The room is small, but when we were there we never had a problem getting a table and felt that the intimate atmosphere led to cordial conversations amongst the guests and CMs. Lots of laughter and good times!

Prevacation weekend :drinking:........how about another..............and another..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For a moment I thought you wrote "prevarication weekend," and I thought Oh dear, what kind of trouble are you in?:rotfl2:

I'm crossposting this from the BWI thread:

What are the hours for the Sunday brunch in the Club Level lounge?
I was planning an early lunch ADR after DHS EMH during our trip in May, but we always take a midday break and if there's a nice brunch back at the hotel we'd prefer that.

Thanks!

Edit: NVM, got my questioned answered already- breakfast is always until 10;30. Thanks @AngiTN

Now, what are the chances of us passing up brunch for EMH at DHS? Hmm. Methinks the kids can run over there if they want- I'm staying and sipping my mimosa!:drinking:

Last edited:

@mrsap , THANK YOU for the RPC vote! We're trying to entertain trying somewhere new, but I have to admit, we're always drawn to RPC!

Thanks for sharing! Glad you had a great experience with DSS. Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

I agree, BWI gets a lot of love on these boards...which is one of the reasons that made me try it. I hope your girls weekend works out for next year ;).

Sorry they didn't win it all, but glad they had fun and walked away with Silver! Congrats on getting the FPs you wanted :).

@mickeynut1 , thanks for the BWI vote! I read such good things about it, definitely worth considering!

Well, you can’t beat RPC. But if you want something different, I vote for YC. It is a quieter lounge, the food offerings have improved immensely. Like crepes with strawberries & whipped cream!

3E22B88D-560E-46C5-915E-865A5D51A5F4.png

You can relax at StormAlong Bay for hours plus 3 hot tubs to choose from. Poolside servers for food & drinks. A quiet pool if you prefer. The Boardwalk is a quick 5 minute walk. You can enjoy the dining & entertainment options there but don’t have to deal with the scary clown slide. :scared1:

This is TLDR, sorry!

For a relatively small building, I find GF SL a very difficult CL to figure out room requests/preferences. I'm trying to remember what I did last time but I think I may have not even done room requests and just left it to chance.

We've stayed at SL twice... April 2017 and Sept 2018. April 2017 was third floor in the middle (over the atrium) and Sept 2018 was third floor down one of the halls (second room from the end). Both of my rooms faced the marina. The other side of the building faces the Courtyard Pool.

I don't deny that I found the middle room 'kind of' noisy. You could hear breakfast service being set up in the AM, glass/plates clanking, just general noise. Not crazy loud, but not absolutely quiet either.

The room in Sept at the end of the hall was quiet as a church mouse... perhaps one of the quietest rooms we've ever had in our travels.

If you'll indulge me for a second...I have been wanting to do something like the below for a while and your post gave me a reason to take a first crack at it. GF folks, please let me know if you see anything off here.

Here's a general lay of the land for the first floor. The floor plan isn't entirely drawn to scale or accurately, but you get the general idea. The only six rooms I'd really not want in the building are the ones around the lounge. There's a wall between the room doors and the lounge - but it's a little too "right there" for me, especially those two right by the elevator - nearly the entire building walks by those rooms all day everyday.

All rooms on the first floor have normal/standard balconies.
View attachment 362715

Here's the second floor... all pretty normal here. The rooms in the middle on the second floor have a full balcony but the railing is a full wall. The rooms on the hallways have standard balconies.
View attachment 362726

On the third floor, things start to get a bit different. You have the rooms in the middle, which have standard balconies on this floor... plus the first four rooms down each hallway. But then you get into rooms at the end of the hallways that are vaulted ceiling/dormer balcony rooms. Some people may/may not like this style room or balcony. The balcony itself is much smaller than the standard style and you can't really see out if seated.
View attachment 362727

Some of my labeling could be wrong on this floor, but there are only a handful of standard rooms up here. All are vaulted ceiling/dormer balcony rooms.
View attachment 362729

So what does all of that mean? Hard to say! If you feel passionately about not getting a dormer balcony, you may want to craft your request around that. If you feel passionately about being down a hall/away from the atrium, that's an option too. You could just stick to your view preference - Courtyard Pool or Marina, if so inclined. Or you could do what I did and just roll the dice. :-)

"Second floor, away from the middle/atrium, Courtyard Pool facing" would generally describe my personal preference if I could pick a room, but that's a pretty narrow request which I kind of don't like doing if I can help it - not always the best recipe for success.

At the end of the day, nothing I've noted above are really major pros/cons, just subtle nuances to the building.

Just one person's opinion, but hope it helps.

(Again, GF folks, if I've mislabeled something let me know, thanks).
How did I miss this???

Here are room numbers for you.
This is TLDR, sorry!

For a relatively small building, I find GF SL a very difficult CL to figure out room requests/preferences. I'm trying to remember what I did last time but I think I may have not even done room requests and just left it to chance.

We've stayed at SL twice... April 2017 and Sept 2018. April 2017 was third floor in the middle (over the atrium) and Sept 2018 was third floor down one of the halls (second room from the end). Both of my rooms faced the marina. The other side of the building faces the Courtyard Pool.

I don't deny that I found the middle room 'kind of' noisy. You could hear breakfast service being set up in the AM, glass/plates clanking, just general noise. Not crazy loud, but not absolutely quiet either.

The room in Sept at the end of the hall was quiet as a church mouse... perhaps one of the quietest rooms we've ever had in our travels.

If you'll indulge me for a second...I have been wanting to do something like the below for a while and your post gave me a reason to take a first crack at it. GF folks, please let me know if you see anything off here.

Here's a general lay of the land for the first floor. The floor plan isn't entirely drawn to scale or accurately, but you get the general idea. The only six rooms I'd really not want in the building are the ones around the lounge. There's a wall between the room doors and the lounge - but it's a little too "right there" for me, especially those two right by the elevator - nearly the entire building walks by those rooms all day everyday.

View attachment 362715

Here's the second floor... all pretty normal here. The rooms in the middle on the second floor have a full balcony but the railing is a full wall. The rooms on the hallways have standard balconies.
View attachment 362726

On the third floor, things start to get a bit different. You have the rooms in the middle, which have standard balconies on this floor... plus the first four rooms down each hallway. But then you get into rooms at the end of the hallways that are vaulted ceiling/dormer balcony rooms. Some people may/may not like this style room or balcony. The balcony itself is much smaller than the standard style and you can't really see out if seated.
View attachment 362727

Some of my labeling could be wrong on this floor, but there are only a handful of standard rooms up here. All are vaulted ceiling/dormer balcony rooms.
View attachment 362729

So what does all of that mean? Hard to say! If you feel passionately about not getting a dormer balcony, you may want to craft your request around that. If you feel passionately about being down a hall/away from the atrium, that's an option too. You could just stick to your view preference - Courtyard Pool or Marina, if so inclined. Or you could do what I did and just roll the dice. :-)

"Second floor, away from the middle/atrium, Courtyard Pool facing" would generally describe my personal preference if I could pick a room, but that's a pretty narrow request which I kind of don't like doing if I can help it - not always the best recipe for success.

At the end of the day, nothing I've noted above are really major pros/cons, just subtle nuances to the building.

Not sure how I missed your post???
Anyways I have rooms numbers if anyone needs them for Sugar loaf:flower1:

Maybe you can clean it up lol? It was my rough draft a few years ago. Now I just have it memorized.:rolleyes1
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
This is TLDR, sorry!

View attachment 362715

View attachment 362726

View attachment 362727

View attachment 362729

We got a lovely welcome Email from dss on Friday for our upcoming WL deluxe room stay.

LOVED that!

They also explained where the deluxe rooms were in location to the lounge etc.

They offered to stock our frig and gave us a list of available drinks.

Yes @mrsap and @TJA I am packed!

Christmas decor is up!

It snowed a lot up here so I decided to just do the tree then oops it all got done!

Oh I might have upgraded from SL to RPC for January when an AP rate finally became available.:goodvibes

We got a lovely welcome Email from dss on Friday for our upcoming WL deluxe room stay.

LOVED that!

Christmas decor is up!

It snowed a lot up here so I decided to just do the tree then oops it all got done!

Oh I might have upgraded from SL to RPC for January when an AP rate finally became available.:goodvibes

Awesome!!! See you in a couple days!!!! Can’t wait!!!!

LOVED that!

Christmas decor is up!

Today I am trying to finish up my work and then tomorrow I clean my house. Then I can pack and cook on Wednesday! Then Thanksgiving Day with my parents/family. Then some online shopping later at night, try to catch some sleep, and then up and ready for our flight to GF! It's going to be a whirlwind of a vacation as we're going to try to cram in as much as possible, yet still try to enjoy RPC - how can we not?!?! I don't know if I'll run into either of you @trishadono or @mrsap (or any DISer staying at GF), but tentative plans are certainly to try to make a stop at WL to enjoy the holiday ambiance! I cannot predict when we'll be at RPC except for breakfast, and we usually try to make it back for dinner apps too!

And @trishadono yay for making the switch from SL to RPC in January!!

Today I am trying to finish up my work and then tomorrow I clean my house. Then I can pack and cook on Wednesday! Then Thanksgiving Day with my parents/family. Then some online shopping later at night, try to catch some sleep, and then up and ready for our flight to GF! It's going to be a whirlwind of a vacation as we're going to try to cram in as much as possible, yet still try to enjoy RPC - how can we not?!?! I don't know if I'll run into either of you @trishadono or @mrsap (or any DISer staying at GF), but tentative plans are certainly to try to make a stop at WL to enjoy the holiday ambiance! I cannot predict when we'll be at RPC except for breakfast, and we usually try to make it back for dinner apps too!

And @trishadono yay for making the switch from SL to RPC in January!!

That would be great! Let us know what day you’ll be around!!!

I’ll be the contrarian and vote for an Epcot resort. We used to cling to the MK resorts/what we knew, but lately have been enjoying the Epcot resorts... walkability to Epcot (and DHS), all the dining options, etc. A lot of folks on the thread like BWI for an adults only trip, but we’re more partial to YC. All fit the “lazy and luxurious” adult trip for us.

We’ve tried to do “no park” trips in the past but ultimately have a hard time staying out of them, so being able to just pop right into Epcot is mighty nice.

An equal honorable mention for us would also go to CR. Great views, great CL, we really like Cali Grill upstairs. While the CR pools won’t win any awards, the setting is beautiful and it’s usually very peaceful/quiet.

Good luck deciding.

The only suites by name I know are the ones in the RPC and the 2 hospitality suites in sago/conch.

Hope someone knows and posts, I always love learning something new about GF.

Thank you @trishadono I had gotten the suite names from the Grand Floridian post about room types :) We are excited to see what they are like

"BD is a one bedroom suite that sleeps 4 and is located in Sago Cay on the second and third floors with a Theme Park View (Sanibel and Biscayne Suites). There is a king bed in the bedroom and a queen sleeper sofa with hospitality bar in the parlor. There are 2 baths and 3 balconies. 1048 sq. ft."

I’ll be the contrarian and vote for an Epcot resort. We used to cling to the MK resorts/what we knew, but lately have been enjoying the Epcot resorts... walkability to Epcot (and DHS), all the dining options, etc. A lot of folks on the thread like BWI for an adults only trip, but we’re more partial to YC. All fit the “lazy and luxurious” adult trip for us.

We’ve tried to do “no park” trips in the past but ultimately have a hard time staying out of them, so being able to just pop right into Epcot is mighty nice.

An equal honorable mention for us would also go to CR. Great views, great CL, we really like Cali Grill upstairs. While the CR pools won’t win any awards, the setting is beautiful and it’s usually very peaceful/quiet.

Good luck deciding.

I heard the chicken nuggets at the Epcot Resorts aren’t as good as the ones at GF :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter