Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

What are the major differences between GF Sugarloaf and Royal Palm CLs? What are the advantages/disadvantages of each? I've never stayed at GF, but I have a feeling my husband and I will be trying it out within the next year or so since we both agree that it's next on our "must-do CL" list!

The major difference (to me) is the lounges. The food offerings are the same and although SL is an outer building, it is keyed entry. SL is in a great location as it's right next to the courtyard pool, so if you will be spending a lot of time at the pool, it's very convenient to grab snacks and drinks throughout the day. The lounge, however, is small (IMO) with not a lot of seating to accommodate the number of people staying there and can get pretty crowded/chaotic. Also, there are no views as the lounge is located in the center of the lobby as you enter the SL building. The RPC lounge, on the other hand, is spacious with a lot of seating and is open as it overlooks the lobby. There are also plenty of windows that offer pretty views of the grounds. It's great staying in the main building as you are close to the monorail, shopping, and have a few great dining options without having to leave the building.

I just returned from a 4 Night 5 Day stay at BC CL and wanted to share that we had a FABULOUS experience. There were several CM's that went out of their way to help me with a couple of challenges that arose during the trip. Cameron and Paul in particular. Cameron helped replace a TIW card with no charge to me after the original one went missing on our first day there after renewing my annual pass. Paul spent 30 minutes on the day we went home tracking down my prescription glasses that I inadvertently left in the bathroom of our room when we checked out.

We had great service in the lounge and never felt any negative vibes when requesting a second or third alcoholic beverage. I did not observe anyone being challenged when requesting alcohol.

The food was great. I expressed how much I enjoyed the beet salad one night and the manager immediately took a copy of the recipe and emailed it to me.

The lounge is spacious, the food was plentiful and refilled frequently.

We had a really fun experience with a cast member. On Saturday while we were at DHS, we offered to share our table at the writers stop to a young couple. We got to talking and it turns out the young ladie's sister works concierge at BC. On Monday, we actually met the sister in the club.

We were in room 5726 right next to the lounge. That room had a couple of drawbacks. 1. The room is small and the door to the balcony cannot be opened completely as the bed is in the way. 2. If you are not a morning person, it is very noisy in the a.m. with folks waiting for the lounge to open and having loud conversations outside your door. We thought it would be loud at night, but it was surprisingly quiet.

The positive of the room is that it was really close to the lounge and the elevators.

Glad you had a great time.

:jester:Oh the other big difference between the two GF lounges is about $225 per night rack rates weeknights in late August. (+tax) :jester: (but who pays rack rates? Late summer promo makes them about $160 apart. Still, $160 will buy you a room at the Orlando JW Marriott or the Ritz! that same week)

Interesting...theme park view non CL and Sugarloaf CL are the same price. I'd totally take CL over non CL.

Got you added! :)

If anyone else wants to be added to our guest list just let me know! Hopefully I haven't missed anyone. :D

Thanks.

Too many days to go. We just got back May 10th from a 12 day VWL/AKV trip and it seems like we've been home forever already. Thank goodness we are doing two long trips next year! Cannot wait to get another CL stay under our belts. We loved BWI CL and WL CL last year, but it's going to be hard to beat WL CL, although I welcome the challenge.

Thanks.

but it's going to be hard to beat WL CL, although I welcome the challenge.

This is awesome. I have a WL CL stay in a deluxe room in late September, so I am glad that it is such a great experience!!! I just just hope the construction doesn't interfere too much! I don't want to hear construction vehicles while at the pool the whole time.

Hi! I was wondering, what are the breakfast offerings like? Anything hot? Pictures would be awesome but just a description could give me a good idea :) I'm not looking for a particular resort, just wondering in general if looking into CL would make sense for us. Thanks!

Got you added! :)

If anyone else wants to be added to our guest list just let me know! Hopefully I haven't missed anyone. :D

I keep forgetting to post to be added to the list. We're staying at BC 11/13-11/17. It's our first trip without the kids to celebrate my birthday and our 20th anniversary. I love planning our Disney trips and always get a ton of great information and tips from threads like this. I'm looking forward to following along and reading about everyone's CL experiences!

I really really really want to book RPC for Christmas. But it would probably have to be short since no discounts.

Take the plunge!! A short stay is better than no stay...this is Disney logic...I bet you can add in some Disney math to go with it! ;):wizard: lol...

mickeyluv'r Great despcriptions for RPC and SL...we are fans of both CLs too! :thumbsup2

PamelaKay Thanks for the detailed review! :goodvibes Glad that you enjoyed your trip!

Hi! I was wondering, what are the breakfast offerings like? Anything hot? Pictures would be awesome but just a description could give me a good idea :) I'm not looking for a particular resort, just wondering in general if looking into CL would make sense for us. Thanks!

Menus vary at each resort. For breakfast each CL usually has one hot option. Usually, either grits, oatmeal or hard boiled eggs (one selection not all of these). I would suggest that you look at a few of the resort threads first pages and you will often find some lounge food photos. GF and BC now have the largest variety for breakfast. They both serve European style cold cuts and cheeses along with traditional continental items in addition to the one hot selection. Fruits, pastries, breads, cereals etc.

Here's the setup for cordials...View attachment 100638
And here's DH's favorite beer...please excuse the table clutterView attachment 100639

And here are the yummy grits:) although this was taken right before the lounge closed so they probably weren't super fresh but still tasted great!View attachment 100640

Thanks for the pics! Do they still have the oatmeal in the morning or has it been replaced by the grits? I adore their oatmeal...I can never get my steel cut oats to taste the same at home. And thanks for the tip about the Disaronno mixed with the SAB juice! I can't wait to try it in 40 days!

I'm so sorry about your daughter's friends. It sounds like Disney has been super wonderful in making her trip extra magical.

Thanks for the pics! Do they still have the oatmeal in the morning or has it been replaced by the grits? I adore their oatmeal...I can never get my steel cut oats to taste the same at home. And thanks for the tip about the Disaronno mixed with the SAB juice! I can't wait to try it in 40 days!

I'm so sorry about your daughter's friends. It sounds like Disney has been super wonderful in making her trip extra magical.

My Mom was on a mission to duplicate CL oatmeal! She said it takes a lot of milk! She took about 2 cups of oats and put it in a crockpot with a 1/2 gallon of milk and cooked it low all night.

On page 1, if you scroll to the bottom, you can see breakfast at the AKL CL. I would say it is comparable to most of the other CL lounges. Things like: Oatmeal, bagels, fresh fruit, yogurt, mini muffins, danish, coffee, tea, juice. A bit better than a continental breakfast but you'll never see a full eggs&bacon type setup. Hope that helps! :D

My Mom was on a mission to duplicate CL oatmeal! She said it takes a lot of milk! She took about 2 cups of oats and put it in a crockpot with a 1/2 gallon of milk and cooked it low all night.

Thanks for the recipe! I'll have to try it!!!!! It's so delicious! I like to add the brown sugar, slivered almonds and craisins. YUM!

When we were at BC over Easter we had the grits everyday. We had oatmeal at GF during our split stay.

Thanks for the recipe! I'll have to try it!!!!! It's so delicious! I like to add the brown sugar, slivered almonds and craisins. YUM!

keep in mind with dried fruit, some can withstand an overnight crockpot cooking, but I think craisins break down - I'd add them before you're going to eat the oatmeal, since they are one of our softer dried fruits...

just a thought...

Hi Erika, could you add me to the list...September 12-16 WL CL :) thanks!!

I have another question, will they set up Magical Express for you? Should I call them with the information or email? I asked them to add our 30th anniversary to our reservation via email and they responded very quickly! So excited!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter