• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

IMG_0326.PNG For those of you staying at YCCL, I wrote to DSS and this was their response when I asked what amenities are included in club level. Notice turn down service is not listed ...

Just putting my two cents in... have a late Nov/early Dec club level stay at GF, and have received no contact whatsoever from DSS.

For those of you staying at YCCL, I wrote to DSS and this was their response when I asked what amenities are included in club level. Notice turn down service is not listed ...

You should send them a screenshot of a Disneyworld.com booking page where it says turndown service is included with BC/YC reservations...

Just putting my two cents in... have a late Nov/early Dec club level stay at GF, and have received no contact whatsoever from DSS.

For what it's worth, we have done 3 CL trips this year and have 2 more booked. I have never received an unsolicited call from DSS. I did contact them once by email and got a call back the next day. If you need something from them, email them... don't expect a call. It's like anything else WDW does, scattered and non-consistent.

Response from DSS...

"That is correct. Turn down services are no longer offered at Disney's Yacht Club Resort."

For what it's worth, we have done 3 CL trips this year and have 2 more booked. I have never received an unsolicited call from DSS. I did contact them once by email and got a call back the next day. If you need something from them, email them... don't expect a call. It's like anything else WDW does, scattered and non-consistent.
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

I have not been contacted by DSS either, I had two CL stays last year and one completed so far this year and another booked for October. No calls, email, or cards in the mail. I don't really need them for anything just adding my two cents as well. It was also hit or miss with the old IPO. I mostly had to contact them first if I needed them to do anything.

Getting caught up on all the pages after a week in Scotland! ( and for anyone who has ever thought of flying British airways first class international it is soooo worth it...don't know how I will ever fly coach again!)

I read the turn down service posts with great interest since we are club level and/or luxury hotel stay folks. At the Waldorf in Edinburgh they did turn down service ....at 5 p.m. which I thought was waaayyy to early but was always glad to see my chocolates. FWIW....I never really saw the value in turn down service since it takes about 3 seconds for me to turn down my own bed at home and would like to see Disney place those turn down service folks in other areas that would help guests more.

We are staying WL CL in October and I will be interested to see what they are or are not doing at WL.

View attachment 262040 For those of you staying at YCCL, I wrote to DSS and this was their response when I asked what amenities are included in club level. Notice turn down service is not listed ...

Oh brother. They're really reaching now. Complimentary fax assistance?? Yea, so many people need that on vacation. :rolleyes2

Newspapers used to be deliver right outside your door. Then you could get them on every floor, near the elevators. Now you only get them in the CL lounge? And every guest can use the health club.

I was impressed by the improved offerings in the lounge on our last trip. And we hardly ever used the turn down service anyway. But this is getting ridiculous. :sad2:

sorry if this is not the right forum but debating to go CL at Poly. Do they offer vegan selections dinner time items? Is it worth the cost looking at a RO vs CL for extra ~$90 a nite. Our room will have 4 adults, 1 child 6 years old.

sorry if this is not the right forum but debating to go CL at Poly. Do they offer vegan selections dinner time items?

Nobody in our party has a vegan diet and I hate to admit but I don't even know what that entails exactly so I can't answer that.

Is it worth the cost looking at a RO vs CL for extra ~$90 a nite. Our room will have 4 adults, 1 child 6 years old.

In this families opinion the food/drink offerings alone are not worth the extra $$ per night. However, to us the other perks are.

Having extra space to hang out instead of just in the room.
The convenience of our son being able to pop down the hall for a drink or snack.
The convenience of a quick option for breakfast when trying to make rope drop.
Specifically for Poly having a spot to sit and watch the MK fireworks, with drink in hand and with the music piped in is priceless.

But whether it's worth it to you is a question only you can answer.

@TJA thank you for your opinion on BW vs BC vs YC club levels.

Anyone else have a preference on these three for a club level stay? Three adults traveling, and haven't stayed club level at WDW before.

Thanks.

I have stayed at all three and I would take BWI over BC and YC. I love the cast members at the BW so much bettter. They are much friendlier and we have been staying there for the past 15 years, when I can get a rooom, so they have become like family.

I stay at the BC when we travel with my son and his family if we cannot get a room at the BW because he feels it is more kid friendly. My husband and I have a trip coming up in September at the BC, but we are not staying Club, mainly because I cannot justify paying for the experience there. We will be back at the BW in December Club Level for my 65th birthday though!!

That is so weird!

SO weird! I did reply that it was listed as part of the amenities when I booked. They said amenities are subject to change at anytime. She also said to still ask for it, it doesn't hurt to try. I wonder if enough of us complain if they'll bring it back?!

Oh brother. They're really reaching now. Complimentary fax assistance?? Yea, so many people need that on vacation. :rolleyes2

Newspapers used to be deliver right outside your door. Then you could get them on every floor, near the elevators. Now you only get them in the CL lounge? And every guest can use the health club.

I was impressed by the improved offerings in the lounge on our last trip. And we hardly ever used the turn down service anyway. But this is getting ridiculous. :sad2:
You beat me to it! My thoughts exactly. I too remember the newspaper being placed right outside your door every morning. It was so nice to be able to read the paper on my balcony before we went to breakfast. Now I have to get dressed and walk to the lounge if I want the morning paper. Just not the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter