Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hello Again!

We are now 12 days out from our first ever CL stay! :D We'll be at the Poly starting April 12th!! So excited! My dh and I were talking tonight about our expectations for CL and he was curious about what types of alcohol specifically are offered at the CL lounge. I told him I'd ask the experts-my DISboards pals of course! So, anyone recently been to the POLY CL that can answer what type of adult beverages are typically offered and if only certain ones at certain times?

Thanks again for all your help. I enjoy checking in on this thread every evening:)

-Kelly

Hello Again!

We are now 12 days out from our first ever CL stay! :D We'll be at the Poly starting April 12th!! So excited! My dh and I were talking tonight about our expectations for CL and he was curious about what types of alcohol specifically are offered at the CL lounge. I told him I'd ask the experts-my DISboards pals of course! So, anyone recently been to the POLY CL that can answer what type of adult beverages are typically offered and if only certain ones at certain times?

Thanks again for all your help. I enjoy checking in on this thread every evening:)

-Kelly

I can't answer your question as we haven't stay CL at the Poly, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip! We love the Poly and are very excited to try CL in September. Hope you will report back after your stay :goodvibes.

Hello Again!

-Kelly

So exciting! CL's in general have a somewhat limited selection of beer and wine, Poly is no different. For beer, think Bud Light, Yuengling, Longboard, and maybe one other like a Heineken, can't remember. Wine will be a choice of reds and whites, seem to be a couple to choose from (we aren't wine folks so can't help you there). For evening appetizers they have a special fruity alcoholic concoction out (has a name, I can't think of it right now) that really needs another bottle of something in it, but it's fruity and good for a glass or three. For deserts they have some cordial type bottles out but I'm not sure exactly what it is (not really our thing either).

Beer/wine/fruity drink are out in the evenings, you can ask for beer any time during the day from a CM (maybe wine too, not sure about that). They are happy to give you a to go cup to take to the pool. If you're pool people this is where Poly CL can be pretty convenient.

If you're in the mood for something with a little more kick Hawaii is only steps away from the Barefoot Pool Bar at the main pool and now the new bar/grill at the Oasis Pool. I very much enjoy the Barefoot Pool bar and there is one bartender in particular (Steve) who has been there awhile and makes great "classic" / off menu drinks. Not that I have any expertise in this area... Just sayin'... :drinking::rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Hope y'all have a great trip!

Last edited:
Hi all! I'm looking for some advice:

I'm starting to plan/save for my disneymoon! We are getting married in Nov 2017 and planning to leave the next morning for the world. We have normally stayed in the Sugarloaf at the GF (I love the tower rooms) but this time I am considering RPC. Is the cost difference worth it? I like the idea of feeling extra special and pampered, but at the same time I think that the difference in price could be MVMCP tickets and a meal at V&A (where we ate the night he proposed) and I'm sure a lot of food during the F&W festival.

Thoughts? Opinions? I know it's early, but I'm trying to get a handle on how much I need to save. Thanks in advance!

Hi - we will be at SL at the GF at the end of next month. Can anyone tell me what kind of pop they have stocked in the lounge? Thanks!

I'm starting to plan/save for my disneymoon! We are getting married in Nov 2017 and planning to leave the next morning for the world. We have normally stayed in the Sugarloaf at the GF (I love the tower rooms) but this time I am considering RPC. Is the cost difference worth it? I like the idea of feeling extra special and pampered, but at the same time I think that the difference in price could be MVMCP tickets and a meal at V&A (where we ate the night he proposed) and I'm sure a lot of food during the F&W festival.

Thoughts? Opinions? I know it's early, but I'm trying to get a handle on how much I need to save. Thanks in advance!

Worth is subjective as it's different for everyone, but I think the extra cost for RPC is worth it over SL. I know the cost difference is substantial between the 2, but RPC (IMO) has a nicer/more relaxing atmosphere with great views. If the extra cost cost is doable, I say splurge for your honeymoon. Good luck and happy planning :wizard:.

Hi - we will be at SL at the GF at the end of next month. Can anyone tell me what kind of pop they have stocked in the lounge? Thanks!

Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

Coke, Diet Coke , CF Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Ginger Ale (I think Seagrams). I think that is all of them.

I only have experience with RPC, not Sugarloaf, but I'll just cut straight to it, of course it's worth it! And that's coming from someone who left last month thinking it wasn't worth it. I'm not so sure you'll really feel "extra special" or "pampered" - but heck, it's your honeymoon, go big! If it were me on my honeymoon, I'd definitely want to be in the main building. Obviously a totally subjective "easy for me to say" opinion and I don't know how much the extra money will be on your budget, but for me it would be no debate. Best of luck with your planning, and early congrats!

Hello Again!

-Kelly
They have bud lite, yuengling, Heineken and longboard. Wine Merlot, Zinfandel, chardonnay, and the Sangria punch
I posted a synopsis of the food offeringsn a couple of pages back. We just returned from Poly on the 12th of March. Nothing to get excited over. My husband was very underwhelmed after our Feb stay at YC CL but it is, what it is. Breakfast had no meat and no proteins other than whole eggs. YC CL had fantastic food. Poly had the view and self service alcohol if that matters. Although at the YC they would come around and refill your wine and deliver another beer...great service touches.

But this is not holding us back..38 days until AKL
July 4th week, back at Poly CL...
Have a great trip...the view is worth every dollar and the OASIS pool is fantastic.

Hi everyone! I apologize if this question has been asked already. I'm going to WDW August 19-28 and staying at Poly CL August 20-26 with my boyfriend. This is the only portion of the trip that we currently have a dining plan for. My question is... with the food in the lounge at Poly, is it worth it to also have a regular dining plan? We do have reservations at CRT, Chef Mickey's, and Crystal Palace.

Hi everyone! I apologize if this question has been asked already. I'm going to WDW August 19-28 and staying at Poly CL August 20-26 with my boyfriend. This is the only portion of the trip that we currently have a dining plan for. My question is... with the food in the lounge at Poly, is it worth it to also have a regular dining plan? We do have reservations at CRT, Chef Mickey's, and Crystal Palace.

Worth it is really subjective. We've done the dining plan while staying on Club level. I thought it was too much food. My husband loved it. We typically always ate in the lounge for breakfast, then grab quick service lunch while at the park around 11:30ish. We'd then have some snacks and drinks during our midday rest at the resort (for pool time). We'd do appetizers in the lounge, then do a later dinner at the park. For me, the regular dining plan was too much, as I was rarely hungry enough to eat a full meal after the appetizers. The dining plan comes with desserts, but you also have desserts at the lounge later on. We almost never used the snack credits, and ended up taking candy home with the remaining credits. I think we could have spent less just paying out of pocket for food. My husband and sons can eat a full dinner, and I can get a soup or salad and not worry about not getting my money's worth.

If you are all big eaters, and can partake of all the lounge offerings while still getting the full benefit of the dining plan, it could be worth it to you.

Worth it is really subjective. We've done the dining plan while staying on Club level. I thought it was too much food. My husband loved it. We typically always ate in the lounge for breakfast, then grab quick service lunch while at the park around 11:30ish. We'd then have some snacks and drinks during our midday rest at the resort (for pool time). We'd do appetizers in the lounge, then do a later dinner at the park. For me, the regular dining plan was too much, as I was rarely hungry enough to eat a full meal after the appetizers. The dining plan comes with desserts, but you also have desserts at the lounge later on. We almost never used the snack credits, and ended up taking candy home with the remaining credits. I think we could have spent less just paying out of pocket for food. My husband and sons can eat a full dinner, and I can get a soup or salad and not worry about not getting my money's worth.

If you are all big eaters, and can partake of all the lounge offerings while still getting the full benefit of the dining plan, it could be worth it to you.

That's what I figured. I can eat a half an appetizer for dinner and my boyfriend can eat a bit more so I thought that it sounded like way too much food to be paying for ahead of time. The snacks seem to get me but only in MK or EPCOT so I think the location of Poly and their snacks throughout the day will be fine. We're trying to lower the cost of our stay at Poly so instead of staying at three resorts, we stay at two. Thank you so much for all of your help!

We have never done the dining plan as it has never seemed cost effective for us based on our eating patterns. I think it really depends on how/what you eat. if you google disney dining plan calculator you can probably find one that takes into account whether it is worth it. When I calculated for us (with 1TS and 1QS a day it wasn't unless we bought soda every day and grabbed dessert or snack (or both daily). That's what it comes with. Now, with club, the likelihood of me buying a snack is much less, same with buying a soda.

Is it okay to get room service delivered to the club lounge instead of your room? Thinking of doing this at the Poly (posted on the Poly thread as well.)

So exciting! CL's in general have a somewhat limited selection of beer and wine, Poly is no different. For beer, think Bud Light, Yuengling, Longboard, and maybe one other like a Heineken, can't remember. Wine will be a choice of reds and whites, seem to be a couple to choose from (we aren't wine folks so can't help you there). For evening appetizers they have a special fruity alcoholic concoction out (has a name, I can't think of it right now) that really needs another bottle of something in it, but it's fruity and good for a glass or three. For deserts they have some cordial type bottles out but I'm not sure exactly what it is (not really our thing either).

Beer/wine/fruity drink are out in the evenings, you can ask for beer any time during the day from a CM (maybe wine too, not sure about that). They are happy to give you a to go cup to take to the pool. If you're pool people this is where Poly CL can be pretty convenient.

If you're in the mood for something with a little more kick Hawaii is only steps away from the Barefoot Pool Bar at the main pool and now the new bar/grill at the Oasis Pool. I very much enjoy the Barefoot Pool bar and there is one bartender in particular (Steve) who has been there awhile and makes great "classic" / off menu drinks. Not that I have any expertise in this area... Just sayin'... :drinking::rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Hope y'all have a great trip!

Thanks for the info. This is very helpful! So, is there a rule about no glass containers in the pool area? You mention that the CL lounge CM would offer a to-go cup for taking to the pool. TIA! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter