Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We have reservations for the GF RPC in early April. We just received this welcome email. They are still advertising that some of the amenities will still be provided. We are looking forward to our stay.

Hello Xxxxx Family!

Your Walt Disney World® vacation is almost here! We have some information we think you will find useful for your stay.
Because you’re enjoying a Club Level stay, you’ll get to enjoy things like advanced itinerary planning services, personalized Front Desk and Concierge service. It also includes nightly turndown service with chocolates, exclusive access to the Club Level Lounge that offers continental breakfast, beverages and midday snacks, as well as evening wine, cheese, cordials and dessert.

We have reservations for the GF RPC in early April. We just received this welcome email. They are still advertising that some of the amenities will still be provided. We are looking forward to our stay.

Hello Xxxxx Family!

Your Walt Disney World® vacation is almost here! We have some information we think you will find useful for your stay.
Because you’re enjoying a Club Level stay, you’ll get to enjoy things like advanced itinerary planning services, personalized Front Desk and Concierge service. It also includes nightly turndown service with chocolates, exclusive access to the Club Level Lounge that offers continental breakfast, beverages and midday snacks, as well as evening wine, cheese, cordials and dessert.

Yes, all of that is still true! We just got back a few days ago. I posted a few times during our trip, but I have a lot of thoughts and pictures still to post. We all loved everything about RPC!!

Yes, all of that is still true! We just got back a few days ago. I posted a few times during our trip, but I have a lot of thoughts and pictures still to post. We all loved everything about RPC!!
Sorry for my ignorance but what is RPC? Google'd it and wasn't able to decipher :(

Was the WL CL lounge still in the hallway when you were there, or was it in the VP suite?

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. The CL lounge was still in the hallway. We were there March 4th - 5th. The CM's said they did not have a move date into the suite when we were there. They did feel like they would know something soon.

We got a different card the next night too. I was actually trying to think of something that we needed because she seemed very friendly and willing to do anything (lol), but I couldn't come up with anything. Everything was just right -- the amount of towels, shampoo, etc., always perfect. If I had to nitpick to come up with something wrong, there was an outlet in the bathroom that was super loose from the wall. I unplugged the hairdryer and the outlet almost came with it. Also, as long as I'm at it, another thing was the shower liner was super high...meaning those little suction cups barely made it to the top of the tub. So if we weren't really careful, water would end up leaking out. Otherwise, everything was simply perfect! I'm working on a review now -- there is so much to cover so I might start a separate thread since some is related to CL, some to GF in general, some to POR, some to crowds and theme parks, etc.

TJA - I'm glad y'all had a great trip. The real question, what did DH think? :)

We had great Mousekeeping last month too - really quick in the AM and great turndown service in the evenings, although no card (that is a nice touch though).

The more time that goes by the more I want to go back to RPC, which wasn't what I was feeling right after the trip. Darn Disney, playing with our emotions.

TJA - I'm glad y'all had a great trip. The real question, what did DH think? :)

We had great Mousekeeping last month too - really quick in the AM and great turndown service in the evenings, although no card (that is a nice touch though).

The more time that goes by the more I want to go back to RPC, which wasn't what I was feeling right after the trip. Darn Disney, playing with our emotions.

I have to say it, but I think you may need to bring your DW to try RPC! From a female standpoint, and I'm also a poly lover, but everything at RPC was just so warm and comfortable feeling, a notch above all others. All the little extra touches really hooked me in. Here's the shock of the century -- DH loved it there! I think we lucked out with the lounge CM's because he really hit it off with a few. One named Pete who always suggested DH take a beer "for the road"! Then there was another younger man who had no problems filling up wine glasses and giving out beer. This lounge was WAY more relaxed in that regard than BC was for us. I think it helped that we had cheese tortellini, pasta sauce, and Italian bread twice during our 5 nights for the evening appetizers too.

I emailed Poly IPO asking about water bottles to take and this was the response I just received:

"We do not have bottled water in the Club Lounge but can provide a carafe
of our filtered water to take to your room. We use the Natura Water
filtration system in the lounge. If you want water to take to the parks
with you then I recommend that you bring your water bottle with you and
our lounge cast would be happy to fill it for you.

If you have any other questions or need further assistance please let us
know.

Have a Magical Day!
Denise"

Yep, they had that system in place during our last stay at Poly CL back in 2013. So it has been at least 3 years.

Just booked AKL Club Level in December. When does the IPO make contact with guests? Near the 180 day mark for ADR's? Thanks for any info.

You may or may not hear from them. I recommend you go ahead and make contact when you're ready. Be sure to put your last name and reservation number in the email subject line. :)

I have to say it, but I think you may need to bring your DW to try RPC! From a female standpoint, and I'm also a poly lover, but everything at RPC was just so warm and comfortable feeling, a notch above all others. All the little extra touches really hooked me in. Here's the shock of the century -- DH loved it there! I think we lucked out with the lounge CM's because he really hit it off with a few. One named Pete who always suggested DH take a beer "for the road"! Then there was another younger man who had no problems filling up wine glasses and giving out beer. This lounge was WAY more relaxed in that regard than BC was for us. I think it helped that we had cheese tortellini, pasta sauce, and Italian bread twice during our 5 nights for the evening appetizers too.

I am glad to hear the service and amenities were excellent at RPC. For the price it should be the best of the best! :)

Reactions: TJA
We are staying at the Contemporary Club level in a few weeks. We've stayed CL at RPC (My fave!!), and the Poly. We love it. My kids love the snacks!

However, this time we are traveling with a nut allergy. I know Disney is AWESOME with allergy's...but what about in the CL lounge? I'll be honest, my son is going to be bummed if his sisters get cookies, etc. and he can't have it. What options will they have for him? My kids always love walking back to our room in the afternoon and getting a big cookie! I'm hoping either that those are safe for my son, or they have a safe option? The other option is for me to bring something for him from home (but that's a hassle!)...and even then, it won't be the same! I'd love to hear other's experiences with CL and a nut allergy!

I can't help with nut allergies, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

I emailed Poly IPO asking about water bottles to take and this was the response I just received:

"We do not have bottled water in the Club Lounge but can provide a carafe
of our filtered water to take to your room. We use the Natura Water
filtration system in the lounge. If you want water to take to the parks
with you then I recommend that you bring your water bottle with you and
our lounge cast would be happy to fill it for you.

If you have any other questions or need further assistance please let us
know.

Have a Magical Day!
Denise"

Thanks for sharing this response :flower3:.

Just booked AKL Club Level in December. When does the IPO make contact with guests? Near the 180 day mark for ADR's? Thanks for any info.

Congrats on booking AKL CL. As far as contact from IPO, it's hit or miss as some people get an email and some don't. If you don't hear from them, you can send them an email with your arrival information, ADRs you want them to book, etc. Good luck and happy planning :).

Hello Xxxxx Family!

Thanks for sharing! RPC is amazing, hope you have a great time :goodvibes.

Sounds like it might be time to plan a trip back to RPC ;).

If I use the IPO, am I guaranteed getting the dinner reservations I want? By nature, I want do it myself; however, if it eliminates online hassles, hiccups and gets us in definitely, then I should take advantage of it... right?

Not at all. And you may indeed get royally f-ed over if the CM assigned doesn't bother to even try to make your reservations on the designated day. (Me bitter? Nope...Not all. Management stepped in to make it right but for those prices...I shouldn't have to get on the phone and say ***?)

We are staying at the Contemporary Club level in a few weeks. We've stayed CL at RPC (My fave!!), and the Poly. We love it. My kids love the snacks!

However, this time we are traveling with a nut allergy. I know Disney is AWESOME with allergy's...but what about in the CL lounge? I'll be honest, my son is going to be bummed if his sisters get cookies, etc. and he can't have it. What options will they have for him? My kids always love walking back to our room in the afternoon and getting a big cookie! I'm hoping either that those are safe for my son, or they have a safe option? The other option is for me to bring something for him from home (but that's a hassle!)...and even then, it won't be the same! I'd love to hear other's experiences with CL and a nut allergy!

I actually did answer this question when you first posted it Mid March....on page 199...we did have personal experience with with allergies (more details in original posts) staying CL at the CR and they were very helpful....:)

Our experience regarding bottled water at the BC-previous trips the last few years, large bottles of water were left in our fridge and replaced every few days. Our trip earlier this month did not include that. I asked in the Stone Harbor Club and was told no more bottled water.

I actually did answer this question when you first posted it Mid March....on page 199...we did have personal experience with with allergies (more details in original posts) staying CL at the CR and they were very helpful....:)
I'll go look! I get lost on this page with so many replies! Thank you so much!

I'm going to cross-post some pictures I posted on the GF thread because they pertain to CL too.

Ok everyone, I have some more pictures and thoughts from our recent RPC stay. First, we did online check-in and I established texting service with IPO while we were in Epcot, so I received my room-ready text right around 2:20 pm. We were given Room 4313, which is on the 3rd floor furthest down the hall of the standard rooms (right next to the suite and the secret elevator). I did not request a certain location, but in the future I will most likely request "4th floor" just for quicker access to the lounge.

View straight ahead:
image-jpg.159336

View to the right:
img_2984-jpg.159335

Our room was in great condition, loved everything from the beds to pillows to hamper to cute bucket garbages to the GF engraving they did every day to the beginning of the toilet paper and tissues. I loved how each day a fresh set of sheets/blankets were waiting at each room:
image-jpg.159338

We began our trip at POR and sad to say but it will be our last time there. We were cramped, the beds were hard, breakfast in the food court was tasty but a stampede of people, and we did NOT enjoy the buses at all. Every day brought a new bad experience with a bus. It's almost like they weren't prepared for the crowds. But, we did get to ride one of those double buses (and barely fit!):
image-jpg.159339

On the bright side, POR still has beautiful grounds, pool was fun, and the food court food was great!

So arriving at RPC was like a dream.
image-jpg.159343

We arrived in time for scones, tarts, banana bread, and other snacks, and DH finally got his well deserved beer after our first 3 nights at POR!
image-jpg.159342

As far as 5-7 offerings, we were there all 5 of our nights. Two of the nights had cheese tortellini, pasta sauce, Italian bread, and the other hot app was pork potstickers -- all delicious! On the oval center table each night was a different soup (carrot, potatoe, strawberry, peach), also each night had a small bowl of something (shrimp, chicken, salmon). Also, a cheese platter, veggie platter, baskets of bread/crackers. Also, in a corner near the juices, they had chicken nuggets or corn dogs, always a bowl of grapes, goldfish, fruit snacks/gummies, cupcakes with sprinkles to decorate.
Here are some pictures of all that:
image-jpg.159345

image-jpg.159346

image-jpg.159347

image-jpg.159348

I guess I reached my max limit on photos per thread. To be continued.....

Breakfast was excellent and plentiful. Every day included ham/turkey/2 kinds of sliced cheese, hard boiled eggs, bagels, breads, pastries, muffins, cereal, oatmeal, juices, milk, soy milk too.
image-jpg.159366

image-jpg.159367

image-jpg.159369

image-jpg.159371

Even though desserts were mostly the same each night, they were different than we are used to seeing at BC and Poly, so we were happy. Also, each night the chef made one different "special" dessert - each night it was very good!
image-jpg.159373

image-jpg.159370

image-jpg.159374

image-jpg.159375

RPC CUTBACKS:
Something else I wanted to add about RPC. If I had to choose an area where I thought cutbacks may have taken place, it would be the amount of CM’s working in the lounge. Each morning/evening, there were only maybe 2 or 3 CM’s tending to the food; therefore, there really wasn’t a CM that walked around clearing tables. This was nothing that bothered us, but it was just glaring considering how diligent they have been in the past especially at BC. We often just piled our dishes and set them on the counter where the apples/bananas/pears are kept. The CM's tending to the food did an excellent job keeping everything fresh and fully stocked.

BARTENDING SERVICE:
The bartending service was not nearly as serious as it is at BC. The bartender was often a younger man who was very nice and accommodating...almost seemed shy, but very nice. Sometimes Pete stepped in and he is an outgoing and fun man to talk to who always made sure my DH had "a beer for the road" each time we left the lounge! Also, being that there weren’t many other lounge CM’s working, the bartender often left his/her post to tend to the food or other issues, so guests would just help themselves at the bar. This was often how the "bar" looked:
IMG_3097.JPG

TEXTING SERVICE:
I used the FP texting service throughout my whole trip and was so thankful for this service! It’s one thing we really, really miss while staying at Poly. What’s especially nice is when we’re in one park and want a 4th FP for a different park and they’re able to secure it for us. I will say that we weren’t getting any of the rides we wanted the first 2 days of texting. However, on Day 3 as it got closer to Easter, everything changed. I’m not sure if the IPO may have taken extra measures to get the FP’s or what, but something definitely changed because we were even given 7DMT. Maybe cause our trip was nearing an end and all of our prior FP requests had been a big fail, lol. They did give us one that was good until park closing one day for that reason. Huge thumbs up for this CL perk!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter