Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I had an odd MB experience in Hawaii this past visit. It would work to open the sliding glass doors, but not the room.

CM did his re-programming or whatever they do two different times... along with the obligatory “you have a lot of MBs” comment... but it would never work on the room door.

An older band I brought as a backup worked without any CM involvement.

I know room access is on different systems and such, but it seems like we are having more room door access issues with each new trip, regardless of the resort.
Would you recommend that we bring our old magic bands from 2018? I assumed that once the trip was over, they no longer worked, but if we could end up having this issue in June, I want to be prepared.

Would you recommend that we bring our old magic bands from 2018? I assumed that once the trip was over, they no longer worked, but if we could end up having this issue in June, I want to be prepared.

Any old Magic Band will work, unless you have deactivated it in MDE (something you would have to have done on purpose).

Magic Bands have an internal battery that lasts “a couple of years” that supports long-range functions such as ride photos and Disney being able to know where you are. But a Magic Band will work forever on short-range functions such as tapping admission into the parks, tapping on your room door (aside from an occasional resort room door issue which has to do with the resort’s computer system, as what has happened to some of us above).

It’s important to remember that nothing is ever “on” a Magic Band - it just serves as an access point to your MDE profile. So your current MB, one from last year, or one from three years ago, etc, all do the same thing - access your profile.

We usually bring a few just in case we lose one, some in our party want to match outfits, etc. :-)

Hope that helps!

Any old Magic Band will work, unless you have deactivated it in MDE (something you would have to have done on purpose).

Magic Bands have an internal battery that lasts “a couple of years” that supports long-range functions such as ride photos and Disney being able to know where you are. But a Magic Band will work forever on short-range functions such as tapping admission into the parks, tapping on your room door (aside from an occasional resort room door issue which has to do with the resort’s computer system, as what has happened to some of us above).

It’s important to remember that nothing is ever “on” a Magic Band - it just serves as an access point to your MDE profile. So your current MB, one from last year, or one from three years ago, etc, all do the same thing - access your profile.

We usually bring a few just in case we lose one, some in our party want to match outfits, etc. :-)

Hope that helps!
I feel so much smarter now. 🤔

Final verdict from YC CL: food wasn't that great. Too crowded. CMs not available when you wanted to ask for wine outside of 5-7pm hours. CMs generally not helpful.

They were happy with the food on Saturday. Mini quiche in the morning and chicken nuggets 5-7pm :wizard:

Additional data point: they were close to lounge which was very convenient but heard trucks unloading in early morning hours (beep...beep...beep for one hour) and lots of clinking glasses. Std view room. In this hotel, I think GV or WV is a worthwhile upgrade. We had GV last year and it was very quiet as the room overlooked the wedding gazebo. *edited for accuracy

BB scheduled for BWI.

Last edited:
Final verdict from YC CL: food wasn't that great. Too crowded. CMs not available when you wanted to ask for wine outside of 5-7pm hours. CMs generally not helpful.

They were happy with the food on Saturday. Mini quiche in the morning and chicken nuggets 5-7pm :wizard:

Additional data point: they were close to lounge which was very convenient but heard trucks unloading in early morning hours (beep...beep...beep for one hour) and lots of clinking glasses. Std view room. In this hotel, I think GV is a worthwhile upgrade. We had that last time and it was very quiet. Room overlooked the gazebo.

BB scheduled for BWI.
Never stay standard view at Yacht Club!

The lines and issues getting drinks are why I hate, with white hot passion, when drinks are served at CL. There’s NO reason why some do and some don’t other than some method of portion control. I’d accept it if it was Disney policy but it is not, seeing how not all lounge’s do it.
We just left both GDT at Christmas and BWI at New Years. Both lounges ran perfectly. No lines. Things never ran out. BWI was crowded yes but we always got a table and food never ran out

Hi Angi! Can you please tell me what the evening hot apps were at BWI when you went for NYE? Also, do they still put out sandwiches during afternoon snack? We just booked BWI CL for a night before we check into BWV! We’ve been wanting to try, so this seems like the perfect opportunity to do so. Thank you for your help!!

Hi Angi! Can you please tell me what the evening hot apps were at BWI when you went for NYE? Also, do they still put out sandwiches during afternoon snack? We just booked BWI CL for a night before we check into BWV! We’ve been wanting to try, so this seems like the perfect opportunity to do so. Thank you for your help!!
NYE was an Alfredo pasta and a scampi pasta, if I have my nights right. Just regular rotation offerings
Yes they have at least 2 sandwich items out, PB&j and then a rotation of Italian subs, turkey wraps or bao buns

NYE was an Alfredo pasta and a scampi pasta, if I have my nights right. Just regular rotation offerings
Yes they have at least 2 sandwich items out, PB&j and then a rotation of Italian subs, turkey wraps or bao buns

Thank you so much!! We’re looking forward to it.

I never seem to see the GV CL pop up. It’s always either SV CL or WV CL.
Last year we had GV room 5154. It looked out over the wedding gazebo. This year booked Std View 5172 and it overlooked the front area where they make deliveries.

Last edited:
Ok I was wrong about this unless they changed from last year...we had a 'std view' room #5152 or 5154. It looked out over wedding gazebo rather than parking lot. I would call it GV! This year booked Std View 5172 and it overlooked the front area where they make deliveries.
Thank you for the room numbers. I’ll be in the lookout for that gazebo view. It sounds very nice.

I never seem to see the GV CL pop up. It’s always either SV CL or WV CL.
Ok I was wrong about this unless they changed from last year...we had a 'std view' room #5152 or 5154. It looked out over wedding gazebo rather than parking lot. I would call it GV! This year booked Std View 5172 and it overlooked the front area where they make deliveries.

This map was obtained by a Disser & is posted on the YC & BC thread. There are only 5 garden view rooms on the club level floor. @Eastern.... 5152 & 5154 are indeed garden view, so you got an upgrade I guess! The reason GV CL hardly ever show up for discounts is they are booked quickly at rack rate, so no need to discount them.

F2CB8C56-6681-434F-A8D9-AF088AB06FD8.png

This map was obtained by a Disser & is posted on the YC & BC thread. There are only 5 garden view rooms on the club level floor. @Eastern.... 5152 & 5154 are indeed garden view, so you got an upgrade I guess! The reason GV CL hardly ever show up for discounts is they are booked quickly at rack rate, so no need to discount them.

View attachment 463099
Thanks for checking. I did finally find my invoice and it does say 5154 GV. I think I booked GV because it may have been the only CL discounted room available at the time. I was looking at a (maybe old) room map that listed it as std view.

ime the std view rooms in all deluxe resorts for CL tend to sell out first, probably because they are the least ridiculous price.

re-edited all posts above.

If someone finds out that these rooms are now classified as Std I am not editing my posts any more....where is the smashing computer emoji? Can't find it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter