Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

The current GM at Yacht & Beach has the letter left in the room. I found it on the bed or the dresser at check in.

I am not too happy hearing these issues at YC but not really surprised. The GM changed maybe 2 years ago? For years I got a survey after every stay. I haven’t gotten 1 survey since this GM came. I don’t know if the GM decides how to get feedback or if upper management coincidentally stopped the surveys at the same time. But it is something I noticed & don’t feel it is a change for the better. Many people will do a survey they are sent but won’t take the time to actually write out an email.

Several years ago the lounge offerings were cut back at all resorts. They got a lot better in 2017 & 18. Even the desserts were upgraded... I remember mini apple pies in a warmer pan.... :cloud9:. For a short time, there were jars of candy in the lounge, good stuff & chocolates. Our 2 stays in 2019.... desserts reverted to generic cookies, Rice Krispie treats & mini cupcakes. The candy jars are down to 1 or 2 on a table in the hall with dum dum suckers.

I think YC CL had a brief, spectacular period that raised our expectations. Unfortunately management seems to have downgraded things again which stinks. I hope they don’t get even worse.

We have had excellent as well as disappointing stays in the YC. Our last visit in early DEC 2019 seemed better to us than some of our previous disappointments. We went back because we heard really good reports. and hadn't;'t been in a while. However, it seems that we missed the stellar period when reviews were glowing - at least according to the latest reports.

I am sorry that there seems to be so many issues at YC CL, because when they get it right this is a lovely place to stay.

Hopefully they will improve again soon!

Sorry to be confusing! We have already booked and are looking to request a specific room using the Touring Plans room finder, which shows Standard CL rooms facing both sides of the resort, at least on the 15th floor.

We booked a standard room and got the lake side (I requested that side using TP room finder). We could see the CSR grounds & AK off in the distance. From the other side you can see HS/Epcot/MK depending on where you are (I assume so anyways, since that's what we could see from the lounge). That's where you could see the fireworks. They're both nice, IMO!

The lines and issues getting drinks are why I hate, with white hot passion, when drinks are served at CL. There’s NO reason why some do and some don’t other than some method of portion control. I’d accept it if it was Disney policy but it is not, seeing how not all lounge’s do it.
We just left both GDT at Christmas and BWI at New Years. Both lounges ran perfectly. No lines. Things never ran out. BWI was crowded yes but we always got a table and food never ran out

The lines and issues getting drinks are why I hate, with white hot passion, when drinks are served at CL. There’s NO reason why some do and some don’t other than some method of portion control. I’d accept it if it was Disney policy but it is not, seeing how not all lounge’s do it.

They mentioned that YC CMs were using the glasses with the little portion control etching on them. She poured a hair above the etching.

Contrast that with RPC who gave generous free pours.

Has BC had the same issues as YC?

They do have the same manager. So if management has directed certain things, they will be the same at both resorts. Like for example.... how much should be spent on certain items. Or that alcohol will be served by CMs. The food offerings are also the same at both resorts. The CMs generally work at one or the other resort, so if there is an issue with specific CM friendliness, etc, that would only be where that CM is. Although I have seen CMs moved from 1 to the other over the years.

They mentioned that YC CMs were using the glasses with the little portion control etching on them. She poured a hair above the etching.

Contrast that with RPC who gave generous free pours.
Wonder if they are using these same glasses?
This is my glass for wine at Ale and Compass, we are having lunch there now
you can see a little mark for the portion

Attachments

• 735D77BE-7D4F-41FC-B252-232A57A1B69C.jpeg
    735D77BE-7D4F-41FC-B252-232A57A1B69C.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 74
None of my pours at Poly CL this past week were small. Granted I did pour them myself. 8-)

But they have stopped leaving beer and wine out once apps are over at 7pm. They used to leave the beer in the fridge and wine out all the way through 10pm. Not anymore. It’s by request, which at Poly isn’t usually a big deal since CMs are pretty accessible. But a change, nonetheless.

None of my pours at Poly CL this past week were small. Granted I did pour them myself. 8-)

But they have stopped leaving beer and wine out once apps are over at 7pm. They used to leave the beer in the fridge and wine out all the way through 10pm. Not anymore. It’s by request, which at Poly isn’t usually a big deal since CMs are pretty accessible. But a change, nonetheless.
Curious. They expanded it in the fridge at BWI
Not all day but they now bring it out closer to 4 and leave it through deserts
Wine comes out early too
Though by request after dinner

We booked a standard room and got the lake side (I requested that side using TP room finder). We could see the CSR grounds & AK off in the distance. From the other side you can see HS/Epcot/MK depending on where you are (I assume so anyways, since that's what we could see from the lounge). That's where you could see the fireworks. They're both nice, IMO!
Thank you so much!

Poly CL was very odd this trip. Although I noticed they did keep the sodas stocked at all times (they used to empty the entire fridge at 10 - or at least all the sodas would be gone when I got back from the park so that I started stocking up the room fridge during the afternoon). But the alcohol was very odd - beer came out exactly at 5 and was gone by 7. Never saw that at the GF.

Plus during NYE they were very VERY stingy with the champagne.

Cost Control? Whatever happened to plus'ing the service?
edit - and it's not like they're keeping prices low!!!

Poly CL was very odd this trip. Although I noticed they did keep the sodas stocked at all times (they used to empty the entire fridge at 10 - or at least all the sodas would be gone when I got back from the park so that I started stocking up the room fridge during the afternoon). But the alcohol was very odd - beer came out exactly at 5 and was gone by 7. Never saw that at the GF.

Plus during NYE they were very VERY stingy with the champagne.

Cost Control? Whatever happened to plus'ing the service?
edit - and it's not like they're keeping prices low!!!

You drank that champagne? I only had the stuff at the beach. I didn’t notice any stinginess, but I would have been content if they were. Yuck! 😎

Yeah, they stopped the daytime beer fridge stocking sometime over the last year. Then it was stocked 5-10 and now 5-7 like we experienced.

How did you enjoy your stay? Didn’t know any other DISers were there for NYE.

You drank that champagne? I only had the stuff at the beach. I didn’t notice any stinginess, but I would have been content if they were. Yuck! 😎

Yeah, they stopped the daytime beer fridge stocking sometime over the last year. Then it was stocked 5-10 and now 5-7 like we experienced.

How did you enjoy your stay? Didn’t know any other DISers were there for NYE.

Did they serve it at the beach? We were watching the fireworks from our room (that's why I paid for the TPV view after all!) and the CL lounge wasn't starting to serve the champagne until 10 til midnight and then stopping immediately at midnight -so my choice was to watch the fireworks from my room or try to get the champagne! I was at the Contemporary CL a few years back for NYE and the champagne (several types) flowed for 2 hours before the countdown.
I booked almost a year in advance and asked for a 3rd floor balcony and got 2nd floor. :rolleyes2
I noticed they expanded the lounge offerings (removing some of the fancier lounge furniture in the process) which I thought was nice - but I still find the food offerings behind the other monorail resorts.
I liked the new speakers except for the fact that you can now hear the music in the 2nd floor room from 8am - 11pm even with the windows closed! :)
Otherwise it was a pretty good stay.

I liked the new speakers except for the fact that you can now hear the music in the 2nd floor room from 8am - 11pm even with the windows closed!

Those new speakers were... something. We had a TPV room too, third floor. I like to crack the patio door and listen to the soundtrack when lounging around the room. No need to crack the patio door anymore! 8-)

Yes, they were serving on the beach for the 11:50pm 12/31 performance. Champagne for adults, Sprite for the kids.

We’ve done Poly the last three NYEs. In 2017 there was more up-sizing of the evening... prime rib, extras all evening, etc. Last year was more of a normal CL night and seemed like much of the same this year, more or less. We bounced around from Tambu, to the beach bar / DJ, to the CL lounge, to the room, etc. The cold temps put a bit of a damper on the evening.

I will say, Poly’s management of the beach area (both the CL and resort-guest area) was the best it has ever been, in my humble opinion. The perimeter wristband check points were pulled back a bit and it really made for much more convenient comings/goings for Poly (and especially CL) guests around the beach party/viewing area. It was a small but very positive change.

Sorry you got a 2nd floor room. Did you ask to move, or just roll with it?

Those new speakers were... something. We had a TPV room too, third floor. I like to crack the patio door and listen to the soundtrack when lounging around the room. No need to crack the patio door anymore! 8-)

Yes, they were serving on the beach for the 11:50pm 12/31 performance. Champagne for adults, Sprite for the kids.

We’ve done Poly the last three NYEs. In 2017 there was more up-sizing of the evening... prime rib, extras all evening, etc. Last year was more of a normal CL night and seemed like much of the same this year, more or less. We bounced around from Tambu, to the beach bar / DJ, to the CL lounge, to the room, etc. The cold temps put a bit of a damper on the evening.

I will say, Poly’s management of the beach area (both the CL and resort-guest area) was the best it has ever been, in my humble opinion. The perimeter wristband check points were pulled back a bit and it really made for much more convenient comings/goings for Poly (and especially CL) guests around the beach party/viewing area. It was a small but very positive change.

Sorry you got a 2nd floor room. Did you ask to move, or just roll with it?

We hit Tambu too - Lapu Lapus all around :)

Yeah - I'll agree that the beach area was much better handled than I had seen before - though I found it odd that they fenced off the bushes too (on the beach side of Hawaii, closest to the patio/club level) you'd think the bushes would've been enough of a block!

I did ask to move but, of course, there was no availability so we rolled with it (although you'd think the 2nd floor rooms would be a little cheaper with no balconies). I didn't want to make a fuss - was checking in at Hawaii a few years back and some lady was throwing a tantrum because she wanted bottled water delivered to her room (or the club wasn't offering enough so she wanted it reserved for her or something) vowed I'd never be like one of those people :)
On the plus side, my family drove in and parked and I flew in via the magical bus, staying in the same room together and we never got charged parking! 8-)

We hit Tambu too - Lapu Lapus all around :)

Yeah - I'll agree that the beach area was much better handled than I had seen before - though I found it odd that they fenced off the bushes too (on the beach side of Hawaii, closest to the patio/club level) you'd think the bushes would've been enough of a block!

I did ask to move but, of course, there was no availability so we rolled with it (although you'd think the 2nd floor rooms would be a little cheaper with no balconies). I didn't want to make a fuss - was checking in at Hawaii a few years back and some lady was throwing a tantrum because she wanted bottled water delivered to her room (or the club wasn't offering enough so she wanted it reserved for her or something) vowed I'd never be like one of those people :)
On the plus side, my family drove in and parked and I flew in via the magical bus, staying in the same room together and we never got charged parking! 8-)
I so get what you mean about being one of those guests
There were so many high maintenance guests at BWI
I gave some of the staff we know well hugs and told them that I didn’t know how they kept their composure with some of these people
The response was most guests aren’t like that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter