Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We check into the AKL Club part of our trip in 27 days! Will you still be there?

Has any one had any luck requesting the soups of the day from Boma to be brought up to Club? We are having a Boma dinner this trip but it is not on a Wed or Sat and those are the days for my favorite soup rotation.
I've never heard of anyone requesting a specific food at any CL.
Other than requesting specific diet related changes, ie Glutten free pasta or something. But that's only when they can't eat what's out, not because they just want something different.

That said, I have had them offer to obtain different beer (at BWI) when they overheard us discussing the options (or lack thereof). The bar down at Abracabra offered to send a 6 pack of the beer of our choice up to the lounge.

So, it can't hurt to ask. Never know what the answer would be. The biggest issue (and why I never ask myself) is once one does it, then another will, and another, and before you know it, if they start, they are going to gather 20 different items. They don't want to say yes to one guest but no to another, for a similar request.

We check into the AKL Club part of our trip in 27 days! Will you still be there?

Has any one had any luck requesting the soups of the day from Boma to be brought up to Club? We are having a Boma dinner this trip but it is not on a Wed or Sat and those are the days for my favorite soup rotation.

If i'm not mistaken - AKL Club does feature soups during their midday lounge offerings. I'm not sure if they share the same rotation as Boma though.

How do you find out which soups are on which days at Boma? Do you know which days they serve the peanut butter rice (I think it was called that)? We've been to Boma twice and the second time they didn't have that rice. It was so good! (sorry this is a bit off topic lol)

We had such a wonderful weekend at AKL club level! We spent hours on the balcony watching the animals, and really loved the club lounge. It was never too crowded, the food was fantastic.
On a side note, my dd 21 was thrilled to see her #1 celebrity, Bindi Irwin (and the whole family) was also at AKL this weekend. She's met her several times, and loves the Irwin family (is a HUGE animal/wildlife supporter).

Glad you had a great trip :).

Thanks for your post, so happy to hear. We will be there in 24 days! Did you put in a room request? It will be just 2 moms and have scheduled our two nights at AKL so that we have a lot of time to enjoy it. Looking forward to coffee and wine on the balcony while we watch the animals.

Girls trips are the best! Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

We check into the AKL Club part of our trip in 27 days!

Have a great trip :goodvibes.

KCanuck,

"How do you find out which soups are on which days at Boma? Do you know which days they serve the peanut butter rice (I think it was called that)? We've been to Boma twice and the second time they didn't have that rice. It was so good! (sorry this is a bit off topic lol)"

This is the most current rotation I have:
Menu ONE: Tuesday, Friday
. . . Cold Station Pod Four:
. . . Pasta Salad
. . . Watermelon Rind Salad
. . . Kool Slaai
. . . Noodle Salad
. . . Moroccan Seafood Salad
. . . Cold Station Pod Five:
. . . Avacado, Papaya & Grapefruit
. . . Peach and Jicama Salad
. . . Spinach and Quinoa Salad
. . . Fried Plantain Corn Salad
. . . Hot Station Pod Six (SOUPS)
. . . . . . Chicken Pepper Pot
. . . . . . Curried Coconut Seafood Stew
. . . . . . Chicken Corn Porridge
. . . . . . Butternut Squash Soup
. . . . . . Blackeye Pea with Ginger Juice
. . . Hot Station Pod Seven
. . . Coconut Curry Cauliflower
. . . Vegetable Lentil Kofta
. . . Fufu
. . . Potatoes
. . . Cous Cous Marakesh
. . . Jollof Rice
. . . Rotisserie
. . . Pap and Sheeba
. . . Whole Spiced Chicken
. . . Roasted Vegetables
. . . Bobotie
. . . Crusted Prime Rib
. . . Seafood Special
. . . African Flank Steak
. . . Choice of Salmon
. . . BBQ Tamarind Salmon
. . . Coconut Curry Salmon
. . . Banana Wrap Salmon
. . . Nut Crusted Salmon
. . . Moroccan Almond Salmon
. . . Banana Curried Salmon

Menu TWO: Monday, Thursday
. . . Cold Station Pod Four
. . . Pasta Salad
. . . Kool Slaai
. . . Asparagus and Bean Salad
. . . Melon Salad with Port Wine
. . . Cold Station Pod Five
. . . Cous Cous Salad
. . . Avocado, Papaya & Grapefruit
. . . Carrot, Coconut, Pineapple Salad
. . . Watercress Salad
. . . . . . Potato Bacon
. . . . . . Lamb & Rice Stew
. . . . . . Mulligatawny
. . . . . . Seafood Gumbo
. . . . . . Plantain Corn Chowder
. . . Peanut Rice
. . . Bok Choy
. . . FuFu
. . . Potatoes with Afritude
. . . Cous Cous Marakesh
. . . Rotisserie
. . . Pap and Sheeba
. . . Seafood Special
. . . Corn on the Cobb with Honey Butter
. . . Bobotie
. . . Crusted Prime Rib
. . . Lamb Potjie
. . . Choice of Pork Loin
. . . Pepper Pot Pork Loin
. . . Coconut Curry Pork Loin
. . . Coca Cola Pork Loin
. . . Pork with apple and pear chutney

Menu THREE: Wednesday, Saturday
. . . Cold Station Pod Four
. . . Pasta Salad
. . . Kool Slaai
. . . Fennel Smoked Fish Salad
. . . Chicken with Chili Cilantro
. . . Cold Station Pod Five
. . . Avocado, Grapefruit, Paw Paw
. . . Roasted Eggplant and Bean Salad
. . . Tunisian Cous Cous Salad
. . . Ethiopian Bread Salad
. . . . . . Carrot & Ginger
. . . . . . Oxtail Barley Soup
. . . . . . Three Bean Gumbo with Sausage
. . . . . . Coconut Curry Chicken Stew
. . . . . . Moroccan Seafood Stew
. . . Peanut Rice
. . . Tofu & Green Bean Curry
. . . Fufu
. . . Potatoes with Afritude
. . . Cous Cous Marakesh
. . . Rotisserie
. . . Pap and Sheeba
. . . Seafood Special
. . . Roasted Vegetables
. . . Bobotie
. . . Crusted Prime Rib
. . . Slow Roasted Ribs

Question to you seasoned CL vets - someone on a Disney monorail resort group posted about how she was supposed to check into the Polynesian today and was told that they had “no room” and moved her to the Grand Flo.

First, i have never heard of this happening at a deluxe but this was a NON club level reservation- has anyone experienced this for a CL reservation?

Have you been moved to a different resort from the one you booked??

Question to you seasoned CL vets - someone on a Disney monorail resort group posted about how she was supposed to check into the Polynesian today and was told that they had “no room” and moved her to the Grand Flo.

First, i have never heard of this happening at a deluxe but this was a NON club level reservation- has anyone experienced this for a CL reservation?

I've never had it happen but have heard about it happening every so often.
Usually, for CL, when they run out of room in the CL area they simply give you a room outside the CL area and provide CL access. So moves happen but not to a new resort. Even that can happen though. When a resort is close to full and something goes wrong with a room and they have to take some out of service there's little that can be done. No room is no room.

Last edited:
I posted about this in the Poly thread but wondering if anyone here might know. I’ve been trying to book a club level room (11 nights) at the Poly but I can’t find even 1 night available for September or October, 2020. There are still plenty of rooms in the other categories...When I chatted with Disney to ask, she just said it’s a popular resort that opens reservations 500 days in advance. Has anyone heard if they are doing a refurb of Hawaii or if some group may have reserved it?

People have reported that their BC CL reservation had been moved to YC CL because the club level floor was going to be closed for a couple of weeks for a wifi upgrade to the rooms. The BC resort has been doing this upgrade floor by floor, and it was time for the 5th floor to be upgraded. This is supposed to start this Monday, Oct 28th.

If i'm not mistaken - AKL Club does feature soups during their midday lounge offerings. I'm not sure if they share the same rotation as Boma though.

Is this something new? Only asking because when we were there last November they never offered soup at any time during the day or evening. I'm hoping to snag CL for our trip next December, so that would be a nice treat.

This is called being walked and happens at every hotel in the world- even to club level bookings at WDW. The worst is when you arrive to a refund and no alternative housing but I haven’t heard of WDW pulling that one.

I posted about this in the Poly thread but wondering if anyone here might know. I’ve been trying to book a club level room (11 nights) at the Poly but I can’t find even 1 night available for September or October, 2020. There are still plenty of rooms in the other categories...When I chatted with Disney to ask, she just said it’s a popular resort that opens reservations 500 days in advance. Has anyone heard if they are doing a refurb of Hawaii or if some group may have reserved it?

I'm curious about this as well. I've looked for Poly CL for Oct 2020 (6-7nts) and like you, have found other room categories available but nothing for CL :(.

Is this something new? Only asking because when we were there last November they never offered soup at any time during the day or evening. I'm hoping to snag CL for our trip next December, so that would be a nice treat.
Not new, but it's not something that is every single day. Like most offerings in the CL, the choices change every day. Even if it's subtle changes. But I have had small single swallows of soup, in like a demitasse cup, in the CL. WL will even put them in a stone crock on a warming plate at times.

I'm curious about this as well. I've looked for Poly CL for Oct 2020 (6-7nts) and like you, have found other room categories available but nothing for CL :(.
I haven't followed to keep up with dates or if there's been any verification as we have no plans to return but there have been rumblings of the entire building closing for a time for refurb.

I haven't followed to keep up with dates or if there's been any verification as we have no plans to return but there have been rumblings of the entire building closing for a time for refurb.

Thanks for posting. I'll have to keep an eye out for any info ;).

I also have heard a rumor that poly cl was getting updated. Last time it happened 2013 they closed they whole building until rooms and lounge were complete.

I would suggest booking your 2nd choice because mono resorts will probably sell out quickly due to lack of cl availability.

I got to do poly cl just when it opened. It was so nice to have a fresh and clean lounge and updated rooms.

For me, the same rule would apply here as it does to FP's: book somewhere else, but keep checking.

Happened to me once but they called and told me, I wasn't even on the plane yet. I was booked for YC CL and they moved me to beach... I would have asked for something different (BC CL wasn't my fav) but when they called I was already on the phone with disney on hold because I was registering for some AP preview and it wasn't letting me register my DH, and I just said "okay fine!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter