Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

They are on different floors.
There's no booking category to be on the same floor so no, you can't pay more

Technically, the Alcazar Suite is a bookable category, that has one room on the 15th floor. Just across the lounge, very convenient location. :rolleyes1

Anyone know why the Polynesian Club level is fully booked for weeks next fall around October and early November??? Absolutely no availability. I was looking to book Nov 6th weekend (2020), but if you take a look.... the club level is showing no availability for weeks!! Check October dates too!! What is going on?!?!?

Let's start a rumor..... I wonder if they are closing the building for refurbishment.

Anyone know why the Polynesian Club level is fully booked for weeks next fall around October and early November??? Absolutely no availability. I was looking to book Nov 6th weekend (2020), but if you take a look.... the club level is showing no availability for weeks!! Check October dates too!! What is going on?!?!?

Let's start a rumor..... I wonder if they are closing the building for refurbishment.

wellllll I saw Tikkiman (sp) post something about major refurbs/changes coming to the Poly - no specification as to where. Just pictures of the outside of a door of a test room and mentions of no more carpet.

I'm staying there in December - we shall see!

AKL doesn't have any resort rooms on the CL lounge floor. (only DVC). It's never been less appealing to go to the lounge

BWI has Deluxe rooms and the cottages that are not on CL floor. It has never been less appealing to go to the lounge

WL allows you to add on CL to any resort room. Those rooms are not on the CL floor. It is has never been less appealing to go to the lounge.

I venture to guess that the vast majority of the time, when going to the CL, you are heading out to or returning from the parks anyway. At least that's what we do.

ETA - Here's a map of the top floor, showing the types of rooms. It's all of them. What floor you get is simply luck of the draw, except for the specific suite. If you book that, you'll be in that suite. That's the only way to ever book a specific room at a Disney resort, to book one of their named suites.
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps...onnect]=any&no_draw=true&rooms=false&floor=15
Technically, the Alcazar Suite is a bookable category, that has one room on the 15th floor. Just across the lounge, very convenient location. :rolleyes1
Yep, I made that distinction in a subsequent post to the PP

I am there this weekend too. Just sat and sun for F&W. Its better than no disney time!

We had to cancel the Pres suite I had booked for Thanksgiving. My kids wanted to be HOME. Dd hasn't been home for that holiday in 3 years. Oh well.

YOU can send us pix at least, right???

I sure will! I'll be heading to F&W on Saturday night also. There are two Prez suites, one across from the club and facing the Lake (my favorite - Alcazar) and one on the other end of the hall facing the parking lot. Due to me putting on a convention in Dec, I get the choice of rooms, and 6 nights free. :-) I will take pics, or, you can come back down check the place out yourself......I will have wine. :-)

wellllll I saw Tikkiman (sp) post something about major refurbs/changes coming to the Poly - no specification as to where. Just pictures of the outside of a door of a test room and mentions of no more carpet.

I'm staying there in December - we shall see!

I saw that as well, but I still have trouble believing that they would close the entire Hawaii building for refurbishing. But maybe??? And this is over a year from now, so I would certainly hope the room refurbs do not take that long!! Now...could they be tearing Hawaii down to put in that lazy river? I could believe that. And maybe they would build a new concierge building over by the luau area/beach. I could see that. But that's a pretty wild speculation on my part with nothing to back it up other than that Hawaii building is showing NO availability for 2 months next fall. :P

@Sarahslay - Also FYI, an alternative to guaranty you a Bunk Bed room would be to book a non-CL Bunk Bed room then when you arrive ask for the paid CL upgrade. It’s $99 per day and you keep your room, you’re just given access to the lounge and all CL amenities.

Granted, there is a capacity limit to how many guests they let do this so you have a small risk of not getting it, but it has yet to be reported to date that anyone has been told it’s full - it’s not advertised in any way and only really gets discussed on message boards such as this. So somewhat of a calculated risk.
Well we are going at Christmas time, right before a cruise, and DH and I really wanted to guarantee CL so we would have a place to escape the Christmas crowds otherwise I'd take the chance of them possibly not having room. I'm willing to deal with not getting the bunks if they can't grant that request, it's ok.

The new building has unique state of the art elevators, that deserve their own comment. Instead of pushing a button AFTER getting into the elevator, you select your floor BEFORE entering the elevator and the computerized system assigns your elevator. It is very efficient.
While new to Disney the elevator type is not unique. I first encountered it at the Times Square Marriott in 2008.

While new to Disney the elevator type is not unique. I first encountered it at the Times Square Marriott in 2008.
I haven't been to Gran Destino yet but the description sounds like those at Paradise Pier Hotel, I actually loathe the setup at PPH.

I tried searching this, but since it's like finding a needle in a haystack I thought I'd just ask. Don't know if anyone can help, but does anyone know if any of the CL rooms at WL have bunk beds? I know there are bunk beds in some of the regular rooms, we've stayed in those before and my girls loved them (and so did I since it meant I didn't have to listen to them complain about one of them touching the other lol), but the room discription for the standard CL rooms states that one bed combo option is a queen and bunks. I did try looking at touring plans (not really reliable, but thought I'd try) but they all said double queen.
There is a bunk bed room facing the MK on the CL floor. They tried to give it to us and we asked for a different room.

We had to cancel the Pres suite I had booked for Thanksgiving. My kids wanted to be HOME. Dd hasn't been home for that holiday in 3 years. Oh well.

We are going to stay home for the whole Thanksgiving weekend this year too. It has been a very long time since we've stayed home, and we're actually looking forward to it! More quality time with family without rushing around to leave for Disney. Though I will miss RPC and the entire holiday feeling in WDW.

Have a fun trip this weekend!!

We are going to stay home for the whole Thanksgiving weekend this year too. It has been a very long time since we've stayed home, and we're actually looking forward to it! More quality time with family without rushing around to leave for Disney. Though I will miss RPC and the entire holiday feeling in WDW.

Have a fun trip this weekend!!
Thanks!

Me the "no dogs allowed" lady is smitten with her grandpuppy. DD and Bf will bring the cutie for the visit. Pumpkin(mini goldendoodle) is so cute and will add the right amount of orange to our gathering :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter