Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

So, we're staying in Poly Garden View CL in August. I've never done any type of room request before, but not sure if I should do so to avoid a 2nd floor room? We've never had a first floor room so not sure how the patios are, but my husband and I are early risers and we definitely like the extra space of a balcony or patio or something. Is there anything else I should consider, or are the GV rooms all pretty similar? Any insights appreciated - thanks!
We stayed there the last 3 years and returning again this August too. We always book GV CL. All the rooms are the same set up inside. We've been on the first floor twice and once on the second we like the patio but really didn't use it much. The lounge is such a great place to be early am that I always hang out there if i'm up before anyone else. This year I have actually asked for second floor close the lounge because for us we would love the convenience of being close to and on the same floor as the main part of the lounge. Have a great trip :)

The only reasons I could see getting a Disney mug when staying CL would be:
1.) you wanted the souviner
2.) you would be resort hopping
Generally, we don't buy mugs, but periodically over the years we have combined CL and the free dining promotion.

If so, we sometimes pick up one mug. The CL's don't offer a non-carbonated, non-caffeinated, low calorie soft drink, but the rest of WDW offers the low calorie lemonade.

Any place with a Coke Freestyle machine now offers a bunch of options in this category, and my local grocery store has almost a full aisle of low calorie flavored water drinks that fit this description, but not the CL's.

At WDW, I often end up making a cup of herbal tea- even in the summer!

Last edited:
So split stays. We are moving from Garden view to Club level. Just bring our bags to bell service, check in to get club access for breakfast? We are staying at Beach Club for both reservations. Never did a split stay.
If you are pre-arrival- I suggest telling WDW of your early arrival plans. It sometimes happens that your new room will be ready early. If so, you'll be able to move your bags to the new room without having to go through bell services.

If you are very lucky, you'll get a text saying your room is ready (if you do online check-in).

The CM's can sometimes also look into swapping you into a room that's ready, if one is available at that hour. If you are swapping between rooms at BC, I'd pack up, but go to the CL desk/breakfast before 11am.

With split stays, your 1st set of bands is supposed to work for both rooms, but sometimes I've had problems if I try to use the band from 1st room at the 2nd WDW room. Maybe it is just me. My bands work in the park, just not for the room. It is odd.

Last edited:

Help . Choices...
#1 split stay Beach Club garden view/ standard CL room last three days .
#2 Animal Kingdom Club Level Savanna view entire stay
Staying in October

Hi everyone! I've been away from the DISboards recently because we took a trip to California, where we had an amazing 3 night CL stay at the Grand Californian. :) . Technically the purpose of our trip was a family wedding in SoCal, but you know we couldn't resist tacking on a few DL days to the trip... :rolleyes1

So I have a question for the GF Main Building experts -- specifically about the Deluxe King rooms (I seem to recall @trishadono has stayed in these rooms, but I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting right now as well). This morning I was able to snag a one of these rooms at a discount for part of our Christmas split stay, but I was wondering whether the octagonal rooms have the pull-out sofa bed? Our 17 year old D will be with us on this stay, so she will need a sleeping surface. I noticed when I booked the room that it allowed me to book it for 3 guests, but the description seemed to indicate that not all rooms had the pull-out sofa. I would LOVE to request one of the octagon shaped rooms because my recollection from when we stayed in one of the 2nd floor jacuzzi rooms 15 years ago is that they are above Gaspy's and can get a bit noisy, but I wasn't sure if that wouldn't be possible due to the lack of a sofa bed. Does anyone know?

Originally we were booked for a CR Garden Wing 1BR suite at a BB rate for this part of the stay, and I actually haven't cancelled that reservation yet...but I wanted to snag the GF ressie while I could so we can mull over our options. We really prefer to stay in suites when we travel with our D, but I've never been able to get a GF Deluxe King at a discount for our travel dates before, so it is VERY tempting (especially at Christmastime). Plus, it will save us $900 as compared to the CR suite. I'm thinking we survived 3 nights in the same sleeping area at the Grand Californian, so we can survive 3 nights at the GF too! :charac2::rotfl2:

Help . Choices...
Staying in October
Hi @Llama mama

Both are wonderful options! For our family, making a decision would hinge on the purpose of our trip -- if we were mainly there to experience the Food and Wine Festival, MNNSP, and/or SWGE, we would choose BC for sure. You just can't beat being able to walk to/from Epcot and HS IMHO. However, if we were there for a leisurely stay that would involve extensive resort time, we would choose AK. In full disclosure I've never stayed CL at AK, but I have stayed Savannah View there. We absolutely ADORE the resort and all of its restaurants, but the transportation issue is kind of a big deal for us on most trips (we get carsick on the buses), so we've only stayed there once. We have always talked about doing a CL resort-heavy stay there once our D is in college, because I have read fantastic things about their CL offerings. The only negatives I've read about AK CL are that the rooms can be a bit far from the lounge for some, and that some people find their food offerings a bit too exotic for their (or their children's) taste. Since we love the restaurants there, I don't think it would be a problem for us personally, but it might be something for you to consider.

Good luck with your decision! I hope this info was helpful. :)

y'all, I have a problem (and by that, I mean, a personality flaw. I cannot leave well enough alone). Yesterday, I switched from Poly to GF to save $800. Now I'm considering switching to a deluxe room at BWI, but it'll cost $200 more than my GF room. We've never stayed at BWI before (usually we're die-hard YC folks, but our family of 5 can't book a CL room at the YC anymore). Is it worth it? WWYD? We have a day planned at each park, and if we moved to the BWI I'd probably get hoppers so we could spend evenings in Epcot enjoying F&W.

Hi @Llama mama

Both are wonderful options! For our family, making a decision would hinge on the purpose of our trip -- if we were mainly there to experience the Food and Wine Festival, MNNSP, and/or SWGE, we would choose BC for sure. You just can't beat being able to walk to/from Epcot and HS IMHO. However, if we were there for a leisurely stay that would involve extensive resort time, we would choose AK. In full disclosure I've never stayed CL at AK, but I have stayed Savannah View there. We absolutely ADORE the resort and all of its restaurants, but the transportation issue is kind of a big deal for us on most trips (we get carsick on the buses), so we've only stayed there once. We have always talked about doing a CL resort-heavy stay there once our D is in college, because I have read fantastic things about their CL offerings. The only negatives I've read about AK CL are that the rooms can be a bit far from the lounge for some, and that some people find their food offerings a bit too exotic for their (or their children's) taste. Since we love the restaurants there, I don't think it would be a problem for us personally, but it might be something for you to consider.

Good luck with your decision! I hope this info was helpful. :)
Thank you !! Great points to discuss with the family.

It really does fly once the 4th hits! Yes, I'm trying to get organized a bit since it's coming up fast. We haven't been in August in many years! It's been April or January...I have a feeling we need to prepare for the heat!

It's definitely going fast....I can't believe that July is over in just 2 weeks! It was very hot & humid when we were there the middle of June, but we just took it a day at a time and went at a very leisurely pace. As long as you prepare for it, you should be fine. Hopefully you'll be able to spend some time by the pool :beach:.

Help . Choices...
Staying in October

I'm not one for split stays, so my choice would be AKL CL. I wouldn't want to deal with the possibility of the 2nd room not being ready until later in the day (but that's just me). Good luck deciding, hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

y'all, I have a problem (and by that, I mean, a personality flaw. I cannot leave well enough alone). Yesterday, I switched from Poly to GF to save $800. Now I'm considering switching to a deluxe room at BWI, but it'll cost $200 more than my GF room. We've never stayed at BWI before (usually we're die-hard YC folks, but our family of 5 can't book a CL room at the YC anymore). Is it worth it? WWYD? We have a day planned at each park, and if we moved to the BWI I'd probably get hoppers so we could spend evenings in Epcot enjoying F&W.

I've stayed both (although standard room CL at BWI, not deluxe room) and for me the extra $200 would definitely be worth it. I didn't care for SL , but I LOVED BWI CL :).

We love the deluxe CL rooms at BWI. I wouldn't hesitate to switch. And I agree about getting hoppers, particularly during F&W while staying at an Epcot resort. Happy planning! :flower:

We love the deluxe CL rooms at BWI. I wouldn't hesitate to switch. And I agree about getting hoppers, particularly during F&W while staying at an Epcot resort. Happy planning! :flower:
ITA...we love BWI CL, though we've only stayed in the garden cottages there. I do enjoy the GF too, but if you're going to be there at F&W Festival time, I do think it's a great idea to get hoppers and plan on spending evenings at Epcot...it is so nice to be able to walk there and partake of all of the wonderful offerings at this time of year! :)

We stayed there the last 3 years and returning again this August too. We always book GV CL. All the rooms are the same set up inside. We've been on the first floor twice and once on the second we like the patio but really didn't use it much. The lounge is such a great place to be early am that I always hang out there if i'm up before anyone else. This year I have actually asked for second floor close the lounge because for us we would love the convenience of being close to and on the same floor as the main part of the lounge. Have a great trip :)

That's a good point about the 2nd floor being convenient to the lounge - can't wait to see that view! Maybe I won't worry about it and roll the dice. We haven't stayed CL at the Poly before and I feel like I read somewhere that the lounge is always open (although not necessarily with food offerings, of course, but to hang out), but now I can't seem to find that info in the Poly thread or the front of this one...does anyone know?

We've stayed numerous times YC Club level and been happy with the offerings. No availability for our dates and we will need to do a split stay between YC club level and either non club level boardwalk or Club level Poly. Any insights or advice? We stayed at the Poly last year non club level and while we loved the resort we were extremely unhappy with the food options. Worried club level will be more of the same. Plus, the several reviews I just skimmed made it seem like Poly does not have warm breakfast offerings.

Thanks for any insight and advice. Definitely 6 days YC club but then where for the last 3 nights.

Hi everyone! I've been away from the DISboards recently because we took a trip to California, where we had an amazing 3 night CL stay at the Grand Californian. :) . Technically the purpose of our trip was a family wedding in SoCal, but you know we couldn't resist tacking on a few DL days to the trip... :rolleyes1

So I have a question for the GF Main Building experts -- specifically about the Deluxe King rooms (I seem to recall @trishadono has stayed in these rooms, but I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting right now as well). This morning I was able to snag a one of these rooms at a discount for part of our Christmas split stay, but I was wondering whether the octagonal rooms have the pull-out sofa bed? Our 17 year old D will be with us on this stay, so she will need a sleeping surface. I noticed when I booked the room that it allowed me to book it for 3 guests, but the description seemed to indicate that not all rooms had the pull-out sofa. I would LOVE to request one of the octagon shaped rooms because my recollection from when we stayed in one of the 2nd floor jacuzzi rooms 15 years ago is that they are above Gaspy's and can get a bit noisy, but I wasn't sure if that wouldn't be possible due to the lack of a sofa bed. Does anyone know?

Originally we were booked for a CR Garden Wing 1BR suite at a BB rate for this part of the stay, and I actually haven't cancelled that reservation yet...but I wanted to snag the GF ressie while I could so we can mull over our options. We really prefer to stay in suites when we travel with our D, but I've never been able to get a GF Deluxe King at a discount for our travel dates before, so it is VERY tempting (especially at Christmastime). Plus, it will save us $900 as compared to the CR suite. I'm thinking we survived 3 nights in the same sleeping area at the Grand Californian, so we can survive 3 nights at the GF too! :charac2::rotfl2:
There is a pull out sofa in the octagonal rooms but it is very uncomfortable to sit on I can't imagine sleeping on it. I've never stayed in the 2nd floor rooms so I don't know what they have. trishadono has been in them hopefully she'll be by to answer if they have a day bed or the pull out sofa. If they have the day bed I would request one of those.

Those BWI DL CL rooms are huge. Our son slept on the pullout and he seemed so far away.

I love GF’s CL the most, but 5 in those rooms will be a lot more crowded then the BWI deluxe CL room. Tough decision. :scratchin:scratchin

That's a good point about the 2nd floor being convenient to the lounge - can't wait to see that view! Maybe I won't worry about it and roll the dice. We haven't stayed CL at the Poly before and I feel like I read somewhere that the lounge is always open (although not necessarily with food offerings, of course, but to hang out), but now I can't seem to find that info in the Poly thread or the front of this one...does anyone know?
As far as I know the lounge is always open, I think it’s staffed from I think 6 or 7 am to 10 pm. I’ve been in there pretty early before any one was in yet. And we have been there at night after the staff is done and we have never been asked to leave nor do I remember ever seeing the door closed.

Ok I may have a problem.
Original reservation booked in May was 10/9 -10/15 Garden View Beach Club Room Only.
I saw the specials yesterday and booked what was available online 10/13-10/15 Club Level Beach Club online.
My original thought was to call and have first reservation modified by removing two days. Call times are long still due to specials dropping. So I tried to modify online removing those last two days of regular Garden View but it won’t let me.
Thoughts? Has anyone done anything like this before. Maybe my room only cannot be modified?

Very happy right now! After several hours on hold and talking to many different cast members, I was finally able to book my first 3 trips for next year with my cast rate. Why the released them on the same day, yesterday, as general public rates was just crazy! Anyway, got February 6-10 Boardwalk CL with my daughter-in-law and granddaughter for her cheer competition, then February 13-20 for our annual anniversary trip with just me and my husband BW CL and finally March 27- April 3 spring break family trip . I got three rooms all at BW CL. I am thrilled because this is a very rare happening! Just have to wait for December 2020 cast rates to come out now
Great deal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter