Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Yes! We have received turn down service with the chocolates and the daily itinerary print outs.

Thanks! I had wondered about the print-outs. I already know our plans well each trip, but I like them & think they’re a nice touch.

On our most recent trip with my parents, I especially liked them bc I’m the planner of the group & had made all of their plans. Instead of sending them screenshots of their info each day, my mom could just look at the itinerary. :)

Hi all, just booked Poly GV CL for Halloween week. It'll be our first trip to the Poly since 2011. On that trip, I have a vague memory of sitting in the CL lounge watching the fireworks at the MK with the music piped in. I've read that the bungalows now block some views from the Poly; does anyone know if it's still possible to watch fireworks from the lounge?
That’s still a great place for watching! It’s only a problem for lagoon side 1st floor rooms.

However I book that category often because I like to hear all the noises, Ewp, etc.

I’ll be there Labor Day weekend, watch for my review.

OK, and and now all the good about our recent stay at Poly CL:

- The CMs were all wonderful. They were friendly, they were helpful, we got constant smiles and greetings. We take care of most things on our own as far as Disney planning goes, but the few times we did need assistance (getting us drinks for the pool in the afternoon and filling our kids' water bottles everyday, assisting with a refund when we were rained out of our patio rental, sending security to deal with the late night pool noise issues, etc.) they were great. The creative mousekeeping towel animals & doll arrangements were really nice, too.

- The addition of the "kids corner" is a step in the right direction for the Poly lounge. I do plan on sending some feedback because while chicken nuggets and mac and cheese are PERFECT additions, chicken nuggets with sweet and sour sauce on each one and mac and cheese with ham mixed in kind of doesn't work with the young picky eaters (ahem, my kids). Also, as it's been pointed out before, the single serving mini plates for each nugget/each bite of mac and cheese is really just silly. Besides being annoying, isn't it a waste of CM resources (having to come out over and over to replenish the little plates, having to wash all those individual plates)? And sauces or toppings at the "kids" section should be on the side and optional.

- The reserved seating on the beach for CL guests on the 4th was sooo nice. To be honest, the staff didn't communicate it super well in advance (no notices in the room), but I knew about it thanks to this forum. Before I had the chance to ask, though, a manager happened to stop to chat with us as we were entering the building and got us our bracelets earlier in the day. The weather messed up the beach party plans, and my kids were kinda disappointed about that, but the beach luckily opened back up in time for the fireworks.

- Ordering the Twilight Feast to the room is always a good idea. ;)

- Transportation experience was all good. After moving over from a few nights at AKL, it was a big relief. We took the boat a lot and had some really personable boat drivers. The boats came very regularly. Even with the crowds that week, we only didn't make it onto a boat one time (it was in the evening, probably a lot of people leaving dinner) and the next boat was there in minutes.

- The patios at the Oasis pool are a treat for a pool day. I'm so glad we booked it (in fact, we booked it more than once). The pool deck was closed down at some point many days that week due to storms within X amount of miles. We received a refund on our rental when that happened on our patio day. We brought snacks and drinks out there from the lounge. We also ordered lunch from the Oasis Bar & Grill once and had good service from them.

- On another note, if anyone is interested in a family photo session while at one of the resorts, feel free to PM me as I have an excellent photographer (local, not hired through Disney) to recommend. We've worked with him before and he was just as great this time. We met up with him at 7am one morning (per his recommendation to get good lighting, to not be in the midday heat and to avoid afternoon storms) and got some really beautiful photos around the Poly.
I always seem to swim when people are playing ball. I understand it’s their vacation but diving in front/behind/next to me over and over is not relaxing. Usually it’s men and not kids too lol.

I was at poly cl last 4th and I enjoyed the extra crowds and party feel. However I go to wdw several times a year and my trips before and after were quiet ones.

I know lots of people that were at poly. My guess they’re were the ones putting table together because I have been with them and we do that.

The cranky one does not sound at all like any of the dis people I know. Phew

I was at poly cl prior to small plates, enough already! We need big plates!

Thx for the review😀

Hi all, just booked Poly GV CL for Halloween week. It'll be our first trip to the Poly since 2011. On that trip, I have a vague memory of sitting in the CL lounge watching the fireworks at the MK with the music piped in. I've read that the bungalows now block some views from the Poly; does anyone know if it's still possible to watch fireworks from the lounge?

As a pp posted, you can still see fireworks from the lounge. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

OK, and and now all the good about our recent stay at Poly CL

Thanks for your review :flower3:.

Thanks! I had wondered about the print-outs. I already know our plans well each trip, but I like them & think they’re a nice touch.

I love the printouts and while I don't need them as I too always know our plans, they are a nice keepsake. We got them last year at BWI CL & Poly CL, but never received any last month when we stayed YC CL :(.

I always seem to swim when people are playing ball. I understand it’s their vacation but diving in front/behind/next to me over and over is not relaxing. Usually it’s men and not kids too lol.

I was at poly cl last 4th and I enjoyed the extra crowds and party feel. However I go to wdw several times a year and my trips before and after were quiet ones.

I know lots of people that were at poly. My guess they’re were the ones putting table together because I have been with them and we do that.

Thx for the review😀

Oh yeah, I don’t care if people move tables to be able to sit together. It gave many other people space to sit on the floor after all. :)

I was hesitant to say anything bad in case it was anyone on here but everyone here seems pretty chill and polite - love chatting with you all - so I doubt it!

I was expecting a different atmosphere for the 4th but I guess it was a little too chaotic this year for my taste. Many days the lounge was so crowded we couldn’t even get a seat. We like to relax in the lounge but did way less of that on this trip because we couldn’t really.

Becoming more excited by reading this thread! :banana:

DH & I are resort hopping; 1 night at CBR, 2 nights at YC CL and 2 nights at AKL CL.

CBR is our arrival day in exactly one week. Never stayed there and have a 4-night NYE reservation with adult children + partners over the holiday. I need to scout!

The Yacht Club is also a new resort for us. We are completely familiar with BWI, BWV and the Dolphin having stayed there several times. The Epcot resort area is my favorite.

We've stayed at AKL on more than one occasion but never club level. I can chill for hours on the balcony watching the savanna.

We will not have a personal vehicle. My daughter recently spent 6 weeks "backpacking" across Europe. DH & I are backpacking across Walt Disney World!

I'll chime in with pictures and comments in one week. I've got to teach myself how to post pictures on the disboards from the iPad. I've not posted a picture in a long while; it used to be somewhat convoluted. Any links?

YAY! Off to watch more youtube Disney vlogs. :happytv:

DH & I are resort hopping; 1 night at CBR, 2 nights at YC CL and 2 nights at AKL CL.

The Yacht Club is also a new resort for us. We are completely familiar with BWI, BWV and the Dolphin having stayed there several times. The Epcot resort area is my favorite.

We've stayed at AKL on more than one occasion but never club level. I can chill for hours on the balcony watching the savanna.

Sounds like a great trip, enjoy!

Epcot area is my favorite too.

We stayed AKL CL in January and it was beautiful. The lounge food was a bit exotic for my tastes but the morning guava fans are delicious, I’ve been making them myself since we’ve been home. Also loved the Mimosas with the POG juice.

CBR is our arrival day in exactly one week. Never stayed there and have a 4-night NYE reservation with adult children + partners over the holiday. I need to scout!

We will not have a personal vehicle. My daughter recently spent 6 weeks "backpacking" across Europe. DH & I are backpacking across Walt Disney World!

I'll chime in with pictures and comments in one week. I've got to teach myself how to post pictures on the disboards from the iPad. I've not posted a picture in a long while; it used to be somewhat convoluted. Any links?

YAY! Off to watch more youtube Disney vlogs. :happytv:

Sounds like an awesome trip! I've stayed at all 3 resorts, but only CL at YC (first stay last month, which was amazing) and I love all 3!! Hope everyone has a great time! :cool1: :cool1:

Yeah... CMs were GREAT, but many of the guests at Poly over the 4th were truly something else. (Clearly not you or I! ;))

I did not experience any of this behavior or the level of crowds at Poly CL on our previous stay there, and although it was fun to be at Disney for the holiday, I don't think we'd choose to stay there over the 4th again. Probably a one and done for us.

Right before the fireworks one night, someone had moved the corner table in the lounge next to another table, leaving a large empty space. So several kids went up to the lounge window, and their parents sat on the floor behind them. We followed suit because it seemed fine and unobtrusive enough. If you were sitting at a table, your line of sight would be above anyone sitting on the floor. A random man decided to storm up to me and angrily announce that he wasn't going allow me to block his family's view from the table they were at (halfway across the room, by the way). I am really not a threatening looking person, nor am I confrontational. Not sure why he singled me out. Not sure why he though it was OK to yell in a woman's face. I calmly said we'd be sitting, turned away and did not engage any further. He stormed off. Then I got to feel uncomfortable every time I spotted him in the lounge on that trip. (To be honest, it made me avoid the lounge for a while.)

Even the pool crowds got to be a bit much. Even the usually quiet Oasis pool! We had our room with the Oasis pool view. I'm good with the normal level of noise from that pool -- I've even advised people on this board that the rooms by that pool are great -- but during the day, it was so loud that I couldn't even hear the Hawaiian music the resort plays in the background. I missed that. One day we had a patio booked and an entire extended family was parked in the pool right in front of us playing loud pool volleyball. I have little kids and really can't imagine ever having peace and quiet on vacation (lol), but the ball literally flew into us several times while we sat in our rented space, so it got kind of old. One night, I actually had to call the "front desk" (aka the call center) to complain because a group of people were at the pool after 11pm, yelling and actually blasting music. I could hear it loudly and clearly with our balcony closed. I couldn't believe I turned into the cranky old neighbor, but it was loud and I had kids who NEEDED to stay asleep. The CM on the phone said she was sending security to the pool and it did quiet down soon after that night.

/end rant

(It was a lovely stay overall, I promise. But some people really did bother me.)
Oh my gosh! That's terrible! I'm sorry that happened to you. I can't believe the level of rudeness and just general lack of self-awareness and courtesy. The lounge was sure crazy like I have never seen on previous Poly stays. I enjoyed spending the 4th there but not sure I would do it again either. I would definitely do it again on a non July 4th stay and certainly enjoyed other aspects of our stay.

:beach:
I wonder if we were at the patio on the same days. We had the 4th and the 8th reserved. I really enjoyed that part more than I thought I would.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay overall

OK, and and now all the good about our recent stay at Poly CL:

- The CMs were all wonderful. They were friendly, they were helpful, we got constant smiles and greetings. We take care of most things on our own as far as Disney planning goes, but the few times we did need assistance (getting us drinks for the pool in the afternoon and filling our kids' water bottles everyday, assisting with a refund when we were rained out of our patio rental, sending security to deal with the late night pool noise issues, etc.) they were great. The creative mousekeeping towel animals & doll arrangements were really nice, too.

- The addition of the "kids corner" is a step in the right direction for the Poly lounge. I do plan on sending some feedback because while chicken nuggets and mac and cheese are PERFECT additions, chicken nuggets with sweet and sour sauce on each one and mac and cheese with ham mixed in kind of doesn't work with the young picky eaters (ahem, my kids). Also, as it's been pointed out before, the single serving mini plates for each nugget/each bite of mac and cheese is really just silly. Besides being annoying, isn't it a waste of CM resources (having to come out over and over to replenish the little plates, having to wash all those individual plates)? And sauces or toppings at the "kids" section should be on the side and optional.

- The reserved seating on the beach for CL guests on the 4th was sooo nice. To be honest, the staff didn't communicate it super well in advance (no notices in the room), but I knew about it thanks to this forum. Before I had the chance to ask, though, a manager happened to stop to chat with us as we were entering the building and got us our bracelets earlier in the day. The weather messed up the beach party plans, and my kids were kinda disappointed about that, but the beach luckily opened back up in time for the fireworks.

- Ordering the Twilight Feast to the room is always a good idea. ;)

- Transportation experience was all good. After moving over from a few nights at AKL, it was a big relief. We took the boat a lot and had some really personable boat drivers. The boats came very regularly. Even with the crowds that week, we only didn't make it onto a boat one time (it was in the evening, probably a lot of people leaving dinner) and the next boat was there in minutes.

- The patios at the Oasis pool are a treat for a pool day. I'm so glad we booked it (in fact, we booked it more than once). The pool deck was closed down at some point many days that week due to storms within X amount of miles. We received a refund on our rental when that happened on our patio day. We brought snacks and drinks out there from the lounge. We also ordered lunch from the Oasis Bar & Grill once and had good service from them.

- On another note, if anyone is interested in a family photo session while at one of the resorts, feel free to PM me as I have an excellent photographer (local, not hired through Disney) to recommend. We've worked with him before and he was just as great this time. We met up with him at 7am one morning (per his recommendation to get good lighting, to not be in the midday heat and to avoid afternoon storms) and got some really beautiful photos around the Poly.
I agree about the small plates. It seems like so much work to plate individual chicken nuggets lol! The CMs were running their butts off the entire service. I just wish they had regular plates.

Thx for the review😀

The table moving peeps may have been us. :rolleyes1 You are right trishadono we were not cranky or rude and would never block anyone from viewing the fireworks. I was disappointed that there were no decorations in the lounge this year. I thought they did a good job with the reserved area this year, it was a lot more organized. Ashley Marie, I agree if we didn't know about it ahead of time we wouldn't have known to get the bands. Last year they were put in the room with a paper explaining about the beach access.

Oh my gosh! That's terrible! I'm sorry that happened to you. I can't believe the level of rudeness and just general lack of self-awareness and courtesy. The lounge was sure crazy like I have never seen on previous Poly stays. I enjoyed spending the 4th there but not sure I would do it again either. I would definitely do it again on a non July 4th stay and certainly enjoyed other aspects of our stay.

:beach:
I wonder if we were at the patio on the same days. We had the 4th and the 8th reserved. I really enjoyed that part more than I thought I would.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay overall
Different pool days for us! I’d tried to get the 4th but they were booked.

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay too! :)

The table moving peeps may have been us. :rolleyes1 You are right trishadono we were not cranky or rude and would never block anyone from viewing the fireworks. I was disappointed that there were no decorations in the lounge this year. I thought they did a good job with the reserved area this year, it was a lot more organized. Ashley Marie, I agree if we didn't know about it ahead of time we wouldn't have known to get the bands. Last year they were put in the room with a paper explaining about the beach access.

Good for you - nothing wrong with getting your group together :)

I didn’t know they had decorated the lounge in the past. That would have been a nice touch.

I was hesitant to say anything bad in case it was anyone on here but everyone here seems pretty chill and polite - love chatting with you all - so I doubt it!

I was expecting a different atmosphere for the 4th but I guess it was a little too chaotic this year for my taste. Many days the lounge was so crowded we couldn’t even get a seat. We like to relax in the lounge but did way less of that on this trip because we couldn’t really.

We weren't there 7/4 this year, but were in 2017 & 2018 (and also 12/30-12/31 those two years as well) and I can understand why you'd come away with this observation. Things certainly get stressed/maxed out on those special days.

Not sure of your weather this year, but throw in a pool-clearing afternoon/evening storm and that really makes things stressed.

We've enjoyed the overall vibe and "something different" feel for those days (plus the ideal Poly/Hawaii locational benefits)... but as you note it doesn't come without some downsides.

Appreciate your review posts!

We weren't there 7/4 this year, but were in 2017 & 2018 (and also 12/30-12/31 those two years as well) and I can understand why you'd come away with this observation. Things certainly get stressed/maxed out on those special days.

Not sure of your weather this year, but throw in a pool-clearing afternoon/evening storm and that really makes things stressed.

We've enjoyed the overall vibe and "something different" feel for those days (plus the ideal Poly/Hawaii locational benefits)... but as you note it doesn't come without some downsides.

Oh yeah, the pool deck was cleared just in time for 5pm appetizers on several days. A perfect storm! 😂

Different pool days for us! I’d tried to get the 4th but they were booked.

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay too! :)

That may have been us too. :rolleyes1

Good for you - nothing wrong with getting your group together :)

I didn’t know they had decorated the lounge in the past. That would have been a nice touch.

In prior years there was patriotic decorations, they cut back last year but there was still some. None this year. :sad2:

Good call on the weather!
There were several days that the rain closed the pools so I'm sure that caused folks to hang around the lounge (us included lol!)
If the lounge was crowded, we just hung out in our room. Other times we were the ones making it crowded.:p
The vibe was pretty cool though and it was nice having a "do nothing" day enjoying the resort and watching the fireworks.

Haha! Nothing wrong with that especially if you've got a lot of folks in your party.

I agree! The reserved area was awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter