Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We asked at the CL desk for a rollaway and Mousekeeping brought the inflatable. Super convenient! Here is a picture of the evening cordials:

This is good to know about the inflatable! My hold-up in booking there is exactly the bed situation. With 2 teens, just having 2 beds doesn't work well for us. I wonder if they keep a large stock of the inflatables on hand.

Thanks for all the pics!

Hey everyone! I hope you’re all well! We returned Monday morning from our trip, and I thought I’d give a little review about GF SL, since people have been asking about it.

I’ll start by saying how much I LOVE GF, and how truly happy I was to be back there. I’m already looking forward to being back in less than a few months!

I Loved my stay at both GF and BWV!

Thanks for your review. Aside from the rude guests and the few not-so-friendly CL CMs, I'm glad you had a great time :).

Our room was lovely in SL. We had a high floor, marina view, and we were able to see fireworks from our balcony! Our room was always spotless, and we had the best towel animals waiting for us, along with my DS’s stuffed animals sitting there waiting for us when we’d get back! We had turn down service every night, and always had chocolates waiting for us on our beds.

Sounds like a great room! I love the marina view from SL :cloud9:.

We had a nice surprise when waiting for our room, Tigger and Pooh came over to play games with the kids! It was pretty cool because we were the only family at the time there, so my kids had them all to themselves! They hula hooped with them too, as well as took pictures with them!

How fun! Bet the kids had a ball :goodvibes.

Quick heads up- I've had a couple of dining reservations just poof out of my MDE, both on app and computer. I'm calling DSS for assistance tomorrow. I don't know how prevalent this is, but thought I'd mention it.

MDE adventures.

Oh no! I hope it's a simple glitch and DSS can help get it straightened out ;).

We asked at the CL desk for a rollaway and Mousekeeping brought the inflatable. Super convenient! Here is a picture of the evening cordials:

Wow that is great, sorry for all the questions! Where abouts have you placed the inflatable? Thank you for the club app pics too. Xx

That was me! Thank you for the update. Do you happen to remember any of evening apps that they had at night?
Sorry I didn't pay a lot of attention to what was served, the lounge was very crowded over the weekend after the 4th. I know Saturday night was wagyu beef and mashed potatoes. They had fish and shrimp, but I can't remember what else sorry. We had a couple of friends staying there as well and we were too busy talking and catching up, add in the crowded lounge and I just didn't pay a lot of attention to the food. I do remember they had reisling and prosecco...:rolleyes1

Hi all, just booked Poly GV CL for Halloween week. It'll be our first trip to the Poly since 2011. On that trip, I have a vague memory of sitting in the CL lounge watching the fireworks at the MK with the music piped in. I've read that the bungalows now block some views from the Poly; does anyone know if it's still possible to watch fireworks from the lounge?

Did you tell special diets beforehand or just when you checked in?

You can do either or even both if you prefer. Actually though, you can just tell the DSS staff before your arrival: you don't specifically have to call special diets, unless you have specific questions before your arrival and want to call them.

The WDW hotel kitchens always stock some pre-packaged allergen -free foods on hand, plus all have the ability to prepare items upon your arrival that will meet all common allergen needs. (Unless, maybe the person in question has an unusual allergy or a very high number of allergies)

Usually when you arrive, the desk CM's suggest going over your dietary needs at least once with a chef. Many TS now also have special menus. If you feel comfortable ordering off the allergen menu, then they don't force you to talk to a chef every time you dine all week.

At the CL's though, Disney generally advises folks to talk to the chef in person- to make sure their needs are met, and also to get a sense of your plans (do you plan to eat breakfast? dessert? appetizers in the lounge every day?) They don't want to over or under order/prepare food for you.

If you do tell DSS before your arrival, they will usually go ahead and add a notation to all of your (existing) ADR's. At each ADR, the greeter will ask about your needs and go for there. (chef, special menu, etc.)

Most QS also have some ability to meet allergen needs, but not as well as TS, signature, and CL can.

Last edited:
Hi all, just booked Poly GV CL for Halloween week. It'll be our first trip to the Poly since 2011. On that trip, I have a vague memory of sitting in the CL lounge watching the fireworks at the MK with the music piped in. I've read that the bungalows now block some views from the Poly; does anyone know if it's still possible to watch fireworks from the lounge?

You can! :) We stayed there for the first time in November & that was one of my favorite parts of the lounge—watching Christmas party fireworks! You should get to see some special Halloween party ones, too, since you’ll be there that week. We’ll also be at WDW then, but are currently booked at the new CSR CL. (We’re trying it out in a few days & will see if we want keep it or switch, but it looks so nice we might stay put.)

I agree about some guests. The CMs at Poly were fantastic but the guests were something else. I know it can be loud during HEA but they were literally screaming and yelling during the whole thing one night. It was so upsetting. We tried a few times and just gave up.
Yeah... CMs were GREAT, but many of the guests at Poly over the 4th were truly something else. (Clearly not you or I! ;))

I did not experience any of this behavior or the level of crowds at Poly CL on our previous stay there, and although it was fun to be at Disney for the holiday, I don't think we'd choose to stay there over the 4th again. Probably a one and done for us.

Right before the fireworks one night, someone had moved the corner table in the lounge next to another table, leaving a large empty space. So several kids went up to the lounge window, and their parents sat on the floor behind them. We followed suit because it seemed fine and unobtrusive enough. If you were sitting at a table, your line of sight would be above anyone sitting on the floor. A random man decided to storm up to me and angrily announce that he wasn't going allow me to block his family's view from the table they were at (halfway across the room, by the way). I am really not a threatening looking person, nor am I confrontational. Not sure why he singled me out. Not sure why he though it was OK to yell in a woman's face. I calmly said we'd be sitting, turned away and did not engage any further. He stormed off. Then I got to feel uncomfortable every time I spotted him in the lounge on that trip. (To be honest, it made me avoid the lounge for a while.)

Even the pool crowds got to be a bit much. Even the usually quiet Oasis pool! We had our room with the Oasis pool view. I'm good with the normal level of noise from that pool -- I've even advised people on this board that the rooms by that pool are great -- but during the day, it was so loud that I couldn't even hear the Hawaiian music the resort plays in the background. I missed that. One day we had a patio booked and an entire extended family was parked in the pool right in front of us playing loud pool volleyball. I have little kids and really can't imagine ever having peace and quiet on vacation (lol), but the ball literally flew into us several times while we sat in our rented space, so it got kind of old. One night, I actually had to call the "front desk" (aka the call center) to complain because a group of people were at the pool after 11pm, yelling and actually blasting music. I could hear it loudly and clearly with our balcony closed. I couldn't believe I turned into the cranky old neighbor, but it was loud and I had kids who NEEDED to stay asleep. The CM on the phone said she was sending security to the pool and it did quiet down soon after that night.

/end rant

(It was a lovely stay overall, I promise. But some people really did bother me.)

OK, and and now all the good about our recent stay at Poly CL:

- The CMs were all wonderful. They were friendly, they were helpful, we got constant smiles and greetings. We take care of most things on our own as far as Disney planning goes, but the few times we did need assistance (getting us drinks for the pool in the afternoon and filling our kids' water bottles everyday, assisting with a refund when we were rained out of our patio rental, sending security to deal with the late night pool noise issues, etc.) they were great. The creative mousekeeping towel animals & doll arrangements were really nice, too.

- The addition of the "kids corner" is a step in the right direction for the Poly lounge. I do plan on sending some feedback because while chicken nuggets and mac and cheese are PERFECT additions, chicken nuggets with sweet and sour sauce on each one and mac and cheese with ham mixed in kind of doesn't work with the young picky eaters (ahem, my kids). Also, as it's been pointed out before, the single serving mini plates for each nugget/each bite of mac and cheese is really just silly. Besides being annoying, isn't it a waste of CM resources (having to come out over and over to replenish the little plates, having to wash all those individual plates)? And sauces or toppings at the "kids" section should be on the side and optional.

- The reserved seating on the beach for CL guests on the 4th was sooo nice. To be honest, the staff didn't communicate it super well in advance (no notices in the room), but I knew about it thanks to this forum. Before I had the chance to ask, though, a manager happened to stop to chat with us as we were entering the building and got us our bracelets earlier in the day. The weather messed up the beach party plans, and my kids were kinda disappointed about that, but the beach luckily opened back up in time for the fireworks.

- Ordering the Twilight Feast to the room is always a good idea. ;)

- Transportation experience was all good. After moving over from a few nights at AKL, it was a big relief. We took the boat a lot and had some really personable boat drivers. The boats came very regularly. Even with the crowds that week, we only didn't make it onto a boat one time (it was in the evening, probably a lot of people leaving dinner) and the next boat was there in minutes.

- The patios at the Oasis pool are a treat for a pool day. I'm so glad we booked it (in fact, we booked it more than once). The pool deck was closed down at some point many days that week due to storms within X amount of miles. We received a refund on our rental when that happened on our patio day. We brought snacks and drinks out there from the lounge. We also ordered lunch from the Oasis Bar & Grill once and had good service from them.

- On another note, if anyone is interested in a family photo session while at one of the resorts, feel free to PM me as I have an excellent photographer (local, not hired through Disney) to recommend. We've worked with him before and he was just as great this time. We met up with him at 7am one morning (per his recommendation to get good lighting, to not be in the midday heat and to avoid afternoon storms) and got some really beautiful photos around the Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter