Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

So I can get an AP discount on Yacht Club CL SV. I’ve stayed in a regular room at BC, but never at YC and not club level! Are the SV club level rooms in a good location? Is it a long walk to the main pool? Only asking because when we were at BC we got a room super far from the pool and I really disliked how inconvenient it was!!

Help! We have booked a standard CL at YC in May. What should I request if possible for location. I read maybe request near elevator because most Standard CL are really far from the lounge. I have looked at the maps I can find on Google but can’t tell . Is the 5 th floor the whole length of the resort. On the room maps I have found its looks shortened? Does anyone have a suggestion? Thank you

The YC lounge is right off the elevators. In the map that Trishdono posted above, the standard view rooms are in pink. Those long rows face the front of the resort. So just like BC, some rooms can be a long walk from the lounge & elevators. Even the water view rooms can be far they just have a better view. Also, the very farthest rooms have a not so nice service area view. You have to exit thru the elevators to get to the pools & transportation. So asking for close to elevator or close to lounge might be more convenient. Those rooms will overlook the port cochere & walk to the convention center. The fifth floor basically goes from the gazebo area to over the Yachtsman’s Steakhouse or the main part of the building. The wings that are closer to the Dolphin are only 3 & 4 stories high.

If things are even in all ways (which is sounds like they are for you) I prefer a single building vs. walking outdoors to a separate building. It's one of the things that I dislike about GF and Poly, having to walk outside to get to the bus/lobby, etc, when it's raining or cold. Yes, sometimes there are longish walks to rooms in the all in one building resorts but I've never felt it was drastically longer than walking to a different building and at least I'm indoors and in a climate controlled space.
Thank you for the tip. That is a great point! I hadn't really thought of that. I have stayed at GF before (not club level) and didn't mind it, but we were very lucky with the weather on that trip. Any difference with the club level experience between these two?

What a nice surprise!! Hope you all enjoy it! PS - we’ve stayed at the Vistana before, it’s a beautiful resort! Enjoy!

Thank you and I am so glad you mentioned Vistana I was starting to have second thoughts. I am really getting excited now:banana:

Congrats on the discount! What a great surprise for your DD! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Thank you so much:thumbsup2

Just back from WDW! :D If anyone wants to see my pics I posted some over on the live reports board: https://www.disboards.com/threads/murphy’s-are-live-in-wdw-jan-1-7-at-the-boardwalk.3727022/

Can't wait to go back in a couple of months :cloud9:
Would love to hear more... we will be there 2/17 x 1 week . Where was your room>? Food in the lounge? How was the walk to the studios? It is my husband and I and our 2 grandkids; both of the grandkids have sayed CL with me (AKL CL and GF CL) but as they have gotten older, EPCOT is more of a draw. Would love to see more pix. Also would love to hear about staff members that "went above and beyond". Did you do the bonus FPs?? And did you arrive by DME? Were you greted by a CL staff member? All first world concerns but my husband (who is a CL neophyte) would get a kick out of that!!

It's the only one I haven't tried. Most look to have the view facing the entrance. Asking for near the elevator looks like a nice request. That way it will be faster to the pool. You may want to check on the yc thread for more info too.

I have a friend that was there last month and loved it. Hope to try it myself sometime!View attachment 374404
Thank you ! I saw that map too. The Reason I am asking was because I saw someone posted to get near the elevators otherwise you have a really long hallways to get to the lounge. I found that strange because the fifth floor seems pretty small compared to the other floors. I think I will put a request in just in case though for near elevators. Reason I am asked was because I saw someone posted to get near the elevators otherwise you have a really long hallways to get to the launch. I found that strange because the fifth floor seems pretty small compared to the other floors. I think I will put a request in just in case though for near elevators . Thank you so very much

Sorry another question. At YC can my daughters 15 and 14 enter the CL lounge alone? If they want to grab something without us, or do minors always have to have an adult with them? Thanks

Sorry another question. At YC can my daughters 15 and 14 enter the CL lounge alone? If they want to grab something without us, or do minors always have to have an adult with them? Thanks

I think all the CLs have the same language in their info, but YC CL's welcome letter specifically states guests under the age of 10 should be accompanied by an adult. So you're all good! Enjoy - it's a great CL (in my humble opinion).

YC CL Welcome Letter - December 2018.jpg

My kids did.

Just remind them not to take ALL of something and use tongs/spoon etc .

I see kids 10 and up often coming for a quick grab at cl's.

Really my only question is can you remind me why I booked CR for next week? j/k! :rotfl2:

You really paint a picture with those pictures - beautiful! Looks like such a great trip!

Lol, thanks for the nice note. CR CL is my next stop after over a year hiatus. Way too long.

Actually now that I think about it, I lied, it's YC, then CR as next stops. :-)

Hope you have a great trip!

Once we were dropped off we were greeted by a CM with an iPad that had our name and Kilimanjaro Club on it, he brought us up to the 6th floor CM and got me a welcome mimosa while we checked in. Great start!

Of our recent stays, AKL has definitely had the best check-in experience compared to other resorts (note, have not stayed at WL in awhile, which also gets good greeter reports). I'm glad to see they are still doing this part well.

Enjoy AKL CL! DW will be there (without me) in a few days. >:(

Of our recent stays, AKL has definitely had the best check-in experience compared to other resorts (note, have not stayed at WL in awhile, which also gets good greeter reports). I'm glad to see they are still doing this part well.

Enjoy AKL CL! DW will be there (without me) in a few days. >:(

In my about 9 annual stays at AKL CL around marathon weekend I will say that so far this is the least crowded the lounge has been. I am enjoying breakfast before I meet up with my husband at the expo, and there are only four tables in use including mine. I expect it to get a bit busier through the weekend but I think it is going to be a great trip. The fancy coffee machine is broken though, some sort of plumbing thing that I hope is resolved soon since getting away from the regular DW coffee is one of my favorite parts of staying CL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter