Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

My next stay at CBR is from November 12-16. Any chance they will have their Christmas tree up at the resort?

Officially booked and staying at CBR October 28-31 Halloween weekend and going to the party!

First time at CBR so do the pros have any tips , tricks or recommendations? Best ways to get around? Anything specific at the resort to check out?

My wife just sprained her ankle really bad so in the event it’s not fully healed we need to be smart about getting around in such a large resort.

Love this community and all the advice!!!

Officially booked and staying at CBR October 28-31 Halloween weekend and going to the party!

First time at CBR so do the pros have any tips , tricks or recommendations? Best ways to get around? Anything specific at the resort to check out?

My wife just sprained her ankle really bad so in the event it’s not fully healed we need to be smart about getting around in such a large resort.

How fun! Not the sprained ankle part but the trip sounds really fun. I don't know what type of room you booked but we have requested Jamaica before since that's a little closer to the skyliner stop and across the bridge from the lobby. We last were in building 45 which is pretty decent placement but if you won't be hitting the lobby much, I'd recommend Jamaica building 41 as that's the closest to the skyliner or you can also request Aruba building 55 and you'll be near the Riviera skyliner station and then can utilize Riviera for food if you'd like. If you need to cut walk time down from room to bus stop and will have a car, that might help if needed but sometimes just walking from your room to the parking lot can be a long walk. If you feel like you don't want to mess with buses, ride shares can help cut down on walk time since they can drop you closer to building area entrances as opposed to the bus stops. It is a vast resort so just be prepared.

I would recommend renting an ECV for her. But if not, there in an internal bus that would get you to the Skyliner, Old Port Royale and the other islands at the resort. Not sure if it goes to the Riviera or not. I have not stayed (only dined and visited) CBR since the Riviera opened.

Select Caribbean Beach Resort Rooms to Receive New “Under the Sea” Character Theme & Other Unique Enhancements

Disney has announced that some of the rooms at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will receive updates and a new theme. Here’s the announcement:

In an effort to continually enhance the guest experience, some of the resort rooms in the Trinidad area of Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be receiving a brand-new look and feel. These new rooms, which will include subtle nods to fan-favorite characters from under the sea, will accommodate more guests and feature updated finishings that can’t be found anywhere else at the resort.

As we prepare these new rooms, guests will be able to see and hear refurbishment work in and around Trinidad beginning October 3. We look forward to welcoming guests into these new rooms in 2023.

Select Caribbean Beach Resort Rooms to Receive New “Under the Sea” Character Theme & Other Unique Enhancements

Disney has announced that some of the rooms at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will receive updates and a new theme. Here’s the announcement:

In an effort to continually enhance the guest experience, some of the resort rooms in the Trinidad area of Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be receiving a brand-new look and feel. These new rooms, which will include subtle nods to fan-favorite characters from under the sea, will accommodate more guests and feature updated finishings that can’t be found anywhere else at the resort.

As we prepare these new rooms, guests will be able to see and hear refurbishment work in and around Trinidad beginning October 3. We look forward to welcoming guests into these new rooms in 2023.

I wonder if they are going to turn some of these rooms into family suites? They desperately need something big to entice people to book this section given its distance from certain amenities.

Stayed at Caribbean Beach a long time ago,I think you could see the fireworks from the parks at certain places is this still possible?

Most recent stay at CBR was Oct 2-8 2022, previous stay was in 2015 and my how things have changed for the worse. We chose CBR because DD was interested in the pool theming and using the skyliner. In hindsight, I should have saved money and stayed at POP. The resort rooms and other areas away from the recently redone main building and pool are really looking tired. Perhaps it's because DH and I are getting older, have traveled more and had the opportunity to stay in better hotels and vacation rentals; but the high cost for such poor quality at CBR is not something we want to spend our money on in the future.

Paint chipping off and worn (mind your bare feet on the bridge from Port Royale), old carpets, loud and drippy AC units. Our room had about a half inch gap between the bottom of the door and the floor. It wasn't just our room either, I saw a happy little lizard scurry under the door of another room on my walk back from the pool. Abysmal mousekeeping. I had to call midweek to request clean towels and trash removal as it hadn't been done "every other day" as noted on the reservation. They cleaned the room but never had additional service for the remainder of the trip.

The redeeming part of our stay was the Skyliner. It really is a game changer for quickly and easily getting to HS and EPCOT. We were in building 52 and would do the 4-6 minute walk to the Riviera station. Aside from mousekeeping and a very rude interaction with a front desk cast member, all the other cast members (lifeguards, bar staff, food court) were friendly and helpful. Also, CBR has the "good water" in their drink dispenser and at the bar. 😆 No "Florida flavor."

For those who like to keep up with these things: 5 nights in October 2015 cost us $983 and October 2022 cost us $1,531.

I fully agree with the previous poster. The rooms are TIRED and seemed falling apart. Rooms are a good size and the proximity to skyliner is amazing. Loved the skyliner. But as soon as the weather changes, it’s closed. For the price, CBR was disappointing.

Good news.....Permits were pulled for the remainder of the CBR buildings. All have an expiration date of 09/01/2023 with Balfour Beatty Construction completing the work. Seems a little optimistic that all construction would be completed by 09/01/2023 but we shall see. I wouldn't be surprised to see extensions of the exp date. Or.....maybe they have a huge team that will complete everything in record time :rainbow:

We had our last stay in Aug 2020 at CBR and we won't consider staying again until CBR updates the rooms. It's painfully obvious disney has rested its laurels on the skyliner and lobby/dining reno it did a few years ago to keep this resort booked. We paid about $200/nt in Aug since this was right after the parks/resorts reopened but I'm pretty sure this moderate is in the worst condition of them all and needs some TLC. I think the overhaul next year is focused on the pirate room redo, so I'm not expecting much TLC to go into the rest of the rooms. The resort at that time did not have good customer service but I tried to give them a hall pass since they had just reopened and were likely understaffed but we had a lot of room issues, chemical smells, AC leaks, the list went on. When we've stayed recently, we've stuck with Swan/Dolphin as this resort is about the same price as CBR is now and is SO MUCH nicer and you get deluxe benefits at mod pricing.

Stayed at Caribbean Beach a long time ago,I think you could see the fireworks from the parks at certain places is this still possible?
Probably able to see some of Epcot's fireworks sporadically from CBR but there's not really a dedicated spot you could see them from or be high enough to see much. I think Riviera next door to CBR has rooms with theme park/fireworks views.

Just finished a stay at CBR from 10/28-11/4. We booked the pirate rooms to experience them one last time before they’re redone. Yes they were way outdated compared to our stay at Coronado the week before but I’m happy I got pictures of my one year old in his pirate sleeper in the bed! Haha.

I loved our location in the Trinidad area.. we would walk right out and there was Spyglass Grill, the pool and laundry. It was so nice having it so close. And that I got the first floor because we had a stroller.

Attachments

• 89B41364-36F7-4D11-94A2-0B92E95C1F7E.jpeg
    89B41364-36F7-4D11-94A2-0B92E95C1F7E.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Love
Reactions: CJK
Good news.....Permits were pulled for the remainder of the CBR buildings. All have an expiration date of 09/01/2023 with Balfour Beatty Construction completing the work. Seems a little optimistic that all construction would be completed by 09/01/2023 but we shall see. I wouldn't be surprised to see extensions of the exp date. Or.....maybe they have a huge team that will complete everything in record time :rainbow:

So good to hear this! I think it's the last moderate to be updated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter