Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We stayed in Jamaica, directly across from the CBR skyliner station. We prefer that over using the Riviera skyliner station, because CBR is the hub. There is a line that runs between Pop/AOA and CBR, one that runs between Hollywood Studios and CBR, and one that runs from CBR to Riviera to Epcot. If you use the Riviera stop, you can go directly to Epcot, but if you want to go to Hollywood Studios from Riviera you get on at Riviera, get off at CBR to change lines, then get on from CBR to Hollywood Studios. For that reason, I prefer to use the CBR station.

Awesome advice! I will request that! :)

Building 55 is hands down the most convenient building for the skyliner.

Were you guys able to request specific rooms/buildings? If so, how?

I did early check in on MDE and all it allowed me to do was request a general area. I requested Skyliner, but I couldn't get more specific than that.

Do you have to call directly? Does it make sense to do that soon or closer to the date of your trip?

Any info is appreciated! Thanks!

Were you guys able to request specific rooms/buildings? If so, how?

I did early check in on MDE and all it allowed me to do was request a general area. I requested Skyliner, but I couldn't get more specific than that.

Do you have to call directly? Does it make sense to do that soon or closer to the date of your trip?

Any info is appreciated! Thanks!
So I have a couple medical needs and always call in. When I do I tack on requests for certain things like “I stayed in 56 last year and really enjoyed it if I can get that general area again that would be great.” They usually just add it to my notes and I’ve always gotten a similar building in the area I’ve asked for. But last year I just did near skyliner on the app at checkin and was very happy with our location.

It isn't guaranteed, but I requested a particular room at Aruba that has a beautiful view of the beach and the Riveria Resort through Touring Plans website. I was fortunate to get that room and I didn't even have to change rooms after I had added on another night due to miscalculating enough Parks time. The CM's were so awesome at CBR.

Was looking for advice from some off you.
I know the Wi-Fi is supposed to be good in the parks but is it any good in the resort?

Was looking for advice from some off you.
I know the Wi-Fi is supposed to be good in the parks but is it any good in the resort?
We also had no issues with Wi-Fi during our recent stay- no trouble booking LL and virtual queue at 7am from various locations around the resort-our room in Jamaica 41, near spyglass grill, and centertown market.

I know it was recently announced that the Pirate rooms were going to be discontinued in 2023. I was surprised there is not an option to book my dates 11/17-20/22.

Also all the room categories are available that weekend. A conference or something must have canceled because I have been looking for fall for a few months and CBR had very limited availability.

Side note as a AP holder DD and often ride the skyliner just for fun. If anyone has any q's I would be happy to help.

Our family recently had our second stay at CBR (6/7-15) and we really love this resort! We first stayed in June 2018 when the skyliner and Centertown were under construction- we liked it then and it was even better this time. The skyliner is AMAZING!

The only request I put in our reservation was to select "close to the skyliner." We had a standard room with a pullout bed (5 of us) and were in Jamaica 41 which is right across the street from the CBR skyliner station and only a few minutes walk from the Jamaica bus stop. Our kids (ages 16, 12, and 9) made frequent trips to the Coke freestyle machine in Jamaica 43 and we used the close quiet pool and the main pool equally on this trip. Sometimes we could not get an umbrella at the main pool, but there was always availability at the Jamaica pool. We have no trouble walking, so the distance to Centertown market and the main pool were not an issue for our family. On our last trip we stayed in Jamaica 44 and thought that was great as well- I'm saying all this as I think people get very concerned about location at this resort, but I think we'd be happy anywhere after exploring much of the CBR.

Dining: we found the food at and near the resort to be very good. We ate lunch at Centertown market, dinner at Sebastian's (great, plentiful food for an excellent price!), snacks and coffee at Spyglass grill, and breakfast and snacks from Primo Piatto at the Riviera. All of these are terrific options. The Riviera is worth a visit to see the beautiful murals if nothing else :)

Transportation: Again, the skyliner was a highlight of our trip. It makes it so quick and easy to go to Epcot and HS. We never waited in a line of more than a few other parties, though we did not ever stay at Epcot until close. Since there are daily storms in Orlando in June, the skyliner did close for a bit each day, which was a bummer, but I was impressed by how quickly buses were mobilized for transport in these instances. I do have to advise people to plan for extra time to get to Epcot if going for a dinner reservation- it took a LOT longer to walk to Teppan Edo from the bus stop at the front of the park when the skyliner was down and we didn't plan enough time for that!
We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus our entire trip-this was definitely not the case on our trip in 2018, so a vast improvement. They were running separate buses to the parks from Jamaica and Aruba and this made all the difference- on our prior trip the buses were often full before reaching the Jamaica stop. The app was helpful in noting what time the next bus was expected and the time was accurate in our experience.

Room: the room we had (4116) was fine for our family. We basically only use the room to sleep and shower, so have no need for fancy amenities. I've read from others that the rooms are dark and run down, but we didn't notice any issues...and it's nice to have a dark room for sleeping! The beds were comfortable and my DD9 loves the pullout bed with the picture of Mickey and Pluto. The shampoo and conditioner are not my favorite and seemed to leave my girls' hair dry and crusty (or maybe that was from the pool?). The trash was emptied daily, the towels were replaced every other day, and we had no trouble getting extra bedding when requested.

I've only stayed at other resorts as a kid, so I can offer no comparison, but wanted to share my thoughts for those interested in CBR. Despite the extra cost of staying on-site, it is worth it for our family as we aren't frequent Disney-goers. I think I'll be hard pressed to convince my kids to stay at any other resort- after two great stays CBR = Disney for them!!

I just checked the pirate rooms are not available at all ,even today. The pirate room category has been removed.

I read on another website that a permit was filed for CBR Rooms 3901-3964 with an expiration date of 04/30/2023. The contractor is Balfour Beatty which does large projects. Guessing this is the beginning of room renovations starting in Trinadad. Maybe the project is starting very soon???

How has the skyliner been for those who have used early entry?
We are here now and have used both skyliner stations for early entry for Epcot and HS and it’s been great. We get to the stations about 90 minutes before normal opening time as stated to do on here. My husband made a comment today that we will never stay anywhere again that doesn’t use the skyliner. Game changer for sure.

I read on another website that a permit was filed for CBR Rooms 3901-3964 with an expiration date of 04/30/2023. The contractor is Balfour Beatty which does large projects. Guessing this is the beginning of room renovations starting in Trinadad. Maybe the project is starting very soon???

More permits were filed for CBR. Permits for Trinidad buildings 34, 35, 36, 37, and 38 all expiring 04/30/23. Also a permit for Martinique building 24 expiring 09/01/23. Definitely looks like a full refurb with Trinidad being first village and Martinique in line for second village.

Wow I hope so!

We are here now and have used both skyliner stations for early entry for Epcot and HS and it’s been great. We get to the stations about 90 minutes before normal opening time as stated to do on here. My husband made a comment today that we will never stay anywhere again that doesn’t use the skyliner. Game changer for sure.
Agree, we stayed at Pop in 2019 and absolutely fell in love with the skyliner! We will only do a skyliner resort if we don’t do a boardwalk resort. We have a split with Copper Creek/CBR/Riviera. Copper creek will be MK days and the rest will be mostly HS/Epcot says when on the skyliner!!

Refurbishment for Three Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Featured Pools Announced for 2024

The Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Featured Pools that will be closed for refurbishment from January 2024 through April 2024 are:

• Fantasia Pool at Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
  • Fuentes del Morro Pool at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Doubloon Lagoon at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
While the Featured Pools on the above list will be closed for refurbishment from January 2024 through April 2024, have no fear as there are still opportunities to have some wet fun in the sun during your visit at each Resort Hotel listed.

Refurbishment for Three Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Featured Pools Announced for 2024

The Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Featured Pools that will be closed for refurbishment from January 2024 through April 2024 are:

While the Featured Pools on the above list will be closed for refurbishment from January 2024 through April 2024, have no fear as there are still opportunities to have some wet fun in the sun during your visit at each Resort Hotel listed.
Ugh, just when I had become completely sure we were going to do CBR in Feb…and of course there’s no guarantee we’ll need or want to swim in February so not staying there just because the pool that we might want to use is closed seems a bit rash. But enough to throw some doubt on our choice…

Blech.

So they are making this announcement for 2024 already? I know they plan ahead but wow, that is an EARLY heads up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter