Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We're hoping the third time booking here will be the charm. Time number 1 we switched to POFQ due to the construction, time 2 was cancelled due to covid.

Fingers crossed for February 2023.

I have to reacquaint myself with this resort plan to figure out room requests.

I just realized that Sebastian's bistro is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, which is a huge bummer because we had planned on eating there our first night. Does anyone know, is the current schedule part of continued re-opening that they may change in the future, or does the Tuesday/Wednesday closure appear to be permanent?

Can anyone refresh my memory on the laundry situation? How much does it cost? Are there particular detergents I can bring to save some money from getting them in the vending machine.

Does anyone know how busy the quiet pools get? There will be 14 of us there together and we are hoping to all go at the same time.

Just booked CBR for September 2023! The last time we stayed at CBR, it was when they were building the Riviera resort and it was a construction zone. No gift shop, no food court, etc. Loved the room though!

Excited to stay there again! We booked a Standard 5th Sleeper, so crossing our fingers for Jamaica!

Pirate Rooms Discontinued at Caribbean Beach Resort

Disney has announced that Pirate Rooms are discontinued at Caribbean Beach Resort. This includes the Standard View and Water View Rooms.

ETA:

The Pirate Rooms, inspired by the “Pirates of the Caribbean” films, are set to be discontinued beginning in 2023. No official closing date has been confirmed aside from the year.

Last edited:
So......if the pirate rooms are being discontinued, will they be changed to the current room decor or will they be the first rooms to possibly get a refreshed design? How long has the current room decor been in place?

So......if the pirate rooms are being discontinued, will they be changed to the current room decor or will they be the first rooms to possibly get a refreshed design? How long has the current room decor been in place?
All that they announced was that the pirate themed rooms would not be available for TAs to book. They didn't divulge anything further.

Last edited:
Comparing CBR and SSR-would save us 500.00 to save at CBR but I really like walking to DS. How is the food at CBR? Are the rooms really run down? Thanks!

Comparing CBR and SSR-would save us 500.00 to save at CBR but I really like walking to DS. How is the food at CBR? Are the rooms really run down? Thanks!
We were there in January and didn't feel the rooms were run down. Many people complain that they are dark, but we didn't feel that way at all. We were in a corner room, so we did have two windows, but we weren't in the room during daylight much so I don't know that the windows added anything to our light situation. I could see where maybe a room with 2 queens would feel slightly cramped; we were in a king and had plenty of space. The colors aren't what I would personally choose, but again, we weren't in the room all that much so I didn't care.

Food - we liked centertown market. We were there with a group of 24 and the only one who complained was my dad, who pretty much only eats meat and potatoes 🤷‍♀️ If that's you, then it may not be for you. He also complained incessantly about the price and I was like well, yeah, it's Disney, of course it's more than you might expect! But I also didn't think the prices were as bad as he did, I think he just didn't hadn't been eating out much so he didn't have a strong sense of how much things cost.

At Centertown Market, H and I both really liked the chicken bowl. My cousin had the avocado toast multiple times and really liked it. That's about all we ate there, but the nice thing is you can take a short walk or ride on the skyliner and be at Riviera, which has a Mediterranean theme quick service. I had a sandwich from there and it was tasty. In theory you could also take the skyliner to Pop/AOA, but we never did as their food court didn't look all that exciting to me.

CBR also has Sebastian's Bistro. We didn't eat there, but we've heard good things about it. It's a relatively reasonably priced all you care to enjoy place, and I've heard you can take things in a to go box at the end of your meal, so it could be a relatively good deal if you can get two meals out of it.

The pool bar was one of our favorite places. The food was good and the drinks were delicious.

I am not a fan of CBR rooms and do think they're in need of a refresh/update especially compared to SSR, so I would consider the CBR rooms a downgrade from SSR. They were last refreshed in 2016 or 2018....can't recalll.... and it was soft good refurb so they got new beds/fixtures and furniture. The dining at CBR is pretty good as you have some nice sit down options with Sebastians and Spyglass but the food court is typical food court and nothing special. We last stayed in 2020 and still felt like the rooms were tired. We've not stayed since.

The only real tangible benefit of CBR over SSR for me would be the skyliner. If you're going to DHS/Epcot more than AK/MK, that could be a deciding factor. $500 is a lot of money and while I do like SSR, it's not worth the price justify the cost when the skyliner is bigger benefit to me than walking to DS. But if DS is a bigger part of your vacation, than I'd say stick with SSR. Again, $500 is a lot of money but in Disney terms, it's not a lot of $$, if that makes any sense. I will pay more for location and for benefits that I value.

Pirate Rooms Discontinued at Caribbean Beach Resort

Disney has announced that Pirate Rooms are discontinued at Caribbean Beach Resort. This includes the Standard View and Water View Rooms.

ETA:

The Pirate Rooms, inspired by the “Pirates of the Caribbean” films, are set to be discontinued beginning in 2023. No official closing date has been confirmed aside from the year.
I never stayed in these rooms since they were so far from everything. And I heard the beds were awful. I have girls who were never really into pirates but it never made sense to even develop this area as part of the resort since it's not "inside the circle". The only benefit now of this area of the resort is it's not too far from the skyliner station but it's still a haul to the lobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter