Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I really, really hope this is done by our trip in July. I booked this resort specifically because the majority of the construction was supposed to be done. We have a standard room booked, aren't those in the areas all this digging and fences are taking place?

Pool towels? Are there towels by the main pool? Or are you bringing room towels down?
I’m debating ordering towels beach towels and having them shipped
Thanks

I would just like to say we are double digits from our trip!!!! My love of Disney vacationing started when my daughter was 4 and we stayed at CBR and it was magical. I will forever have the image of her running on the beach in a little sundress, in my mind and heart. Now 13 years later we will be back ‘home’. I’m getting so excited! I wish construction was gone but no matter what we are gonna have a great time.

Room classifications, did they change? I reserved a water or pool view 5th sleeper for my upcoming trip, I always check to see if a better offer is out there and I noticed that is no longer a bookable category. it looks like standard and garden are the only bookable 5th sleepers(and list room capacity as 4 adults) and there is no longer a single category for pool or water view but there is now a category for pool view and another bookable category for river view (which both list room capacity at 5 adults). Im wondering what all these changes mean.

Room classifications, did they change? I reserved a water or pool view 5th sleeper for my upcoming trip, I always check to see if a better offer is out there and I noticed that is no longer a bookable category. it looks like standard and garden are the only bookable 5th sleepers(and list room capacity as 4 adults) and there is no longer a single category for pool or water view but there is now a category for pool view and another bookable category for river view (which both list room capacity at 5 adults). Im wondering what all these changes mean.
Interesting. I have a water view room with fifth sleeper booked. I wonder what they will do with those of us who already booked under that catergory. Hmmm

Absolutely LOVE CBR. The lake, the villages, the Caribbean feel....I've never considered staying anywhere else. Getting ready for a trip next February. Before I book a room, what are the chances the gondola system replaces buses? I have very real anxiety on sky rides because of the confined space. Any specs on the size of the gondolas? I'm getting the heebie jeebies just thinking about them.

Before I book a room, what are the chances the gondola system replaces buses?
No info on that from Disney yet.

I think at the least the bus service to Epcot and DHS will be greatly reduced since the main purpose of the Skyliner is to provide a more environmentally and economically friendly alternative to buses.

And there is precedent for the Skyliner possibly being the only mode of transport to DHS and Epcot in that the Monorail is the only mode of transport to Epcot for the Seven Seas Lagoon Resorts and some Guests don't like being "up high" in the Monorails.

Just conjecture on my part,but one possibility could be Epcot and DHS buses running a CBR/Pop Century/Art of Animation route and "combining" these Skyliner Resorts.

Last edited:
I’m not necessary against the gondola system. In fact I’m excited to give it a try. However, I hope the choice of using bus service isn’t completely taken away from the guests. What if, after experiencing a gondola trip, a person(s) hates it?

I just read an email that the opening of Galaxy's Edge has been announced as Aug. 29th. That's earlier than I expected! I wonder what that means for the opening of the skyliner? I would think they'd want to have that up and running by that time? Probably wishful thinking but I'm hoping it's open by my trip in July.

Last edited:
I just read an email that the Opening of Galaxy's Edge has been announced as Aug. 29th. That's earlier than I expected! I wonder that means for the opening of the skyliner? I would think they'd want to have that up and running by that time? Probably wishful thinking but I'm hoping it's open by my trip in July.

Don't take it personal, but I had to go check that you weren't crazy with the opening date. That's early, but it looks like the Resistance ride will open on a later date. Interesting thought also would be the HS part of the Skyliner opening to match GE now.

Don't take it personal, but I had to go check that you weren't crazy with the opening date. That's early, but it looks like the Resistance ride will open on a later date. Interesting thought also would be the HS part of the Skyliner opening to match GE now.
Yes I couldn’t believe when I saw August as opening this morning. I also think they might try to open gondolas sooner than fall perhaps. Crowds are gonna be crazy and buses full.

What time is mermaid school in the summer? I’m trying to plan a breakfast ADR for that day.

And there is precedent for the Skyliner possibly being the only mode of transport to DHS and Epcot in that the Monorail is the only mode of transport to Epcot for the Seven Seas Lagoon Resorts and some Guests don't like bring "up high" in the Monorails.

All monorail resorts have a boat option to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter