Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Bad news - had to book a night in a Pirate Room and couldn't add onto our package. It's not really bad news, just a mild inconvenience.
It might be a possibility that by the time you check in, a standard, garden view room might be available and you could do a continuous stay in the same room. I would ask when you are checking in.

Not weird at all. I don't know the Vegas smell, but Disney does have different scents in different resorts and in one of the CBR reviews I watched on youtube he specifically mentions the smell in the new lobby at CBR. Sniffing the lobby is on the list of odd things I am looking forward to :rotfl: , first time back since the renovation.
Whew at least I know I wasn't imagining things. I've been in just about every Disney resort lobby before and the new CBR def has a unique smell. I've only been to Vegas twice but the smell immediately reminded me of the higher end hotels on the strip. Who knows. It's a nice lobby tho! I really like all the couches and other cushy chairs they added.

I really like all the couches and other cushy chairs they added.
And the not-so-hidden Hidden Mickeys!:)

45493472802_260f8f8a54_h.jpg

Just wanted to share my experience with our most recent stay as it was our first since the renovations. It was a romantic couples weekend the end of January for 4 nights. I didn't make any requests and we ended up in building 44 in Jamaica which was perfect. The room was nice, but had a slightly musty smell to it when we checked in. Pretty sure it was the AC. We went grocery shopping that night so I picked up an air freshener and it was fine the rest of the trip.

We had a brand new college program CM when we checked in and she was great. We were offered the housekeeping opt-out which we took to offset the cost of parking. We found our batteries were dead in the remote control and picked up the phone to call the front desk to find someone tore the cord out of the wall so there was no phone either, lol. On our way out we stopped at the front desk though and they took care of both before we returned that evening. Those were the only issues with the room.

I didn't notice the music piping through over the bridge this time around so I'm not sure if they stopped that or if it was just temporary. But otherwise the resort maintains it's relaxing vibe that make it once of my absolute favorites.

We did a mix of bus and driving. Had one awful wait for our MK bus though at at least 40 minutes in the rain. Aside from that, they were pretty quick and driving to and from was easy and fast as well.

I love the look of the new OPR. Beautiful colors and fabrics and makes me want to chill out and hang out there in the reservation area. The only big downside for me were the menu changes in the food court. While I like some of the Caribbean influenced options, sometimes I want some of the simple basics I would normally find at any food court. The fancy oatmeal wasn't appealing at all. Just a plain old bowl of oatmeal with raisins would have sufficed. They did say they had it at the other location in Trinidad South but I didn't want to have to get one meal at one location and then travel to the other before we could eat. The bakery and ice cream options were disappointing as well. I loved the self serve soft serve ice cream they used to have and the variety of baked goods was lacking. Not a deal-breaker for staying there again just disappointing. We drove to Pop to use their food court one evening instead but I don't always have a car.

DB was very impressed for his first stay on property. And when we visited Pop he felt the same way about how much more relaxing CBR is in comparison. I'm sure we'll be back again someday.
Silly question but what type of air freshener did you buy? Did it fit over the vent or plug into the wall?im thinkingof just taking one with us in case our room smells slightly musty. I’m worried I should have picked pop century but love the vibe of CBR.

Silly question but what type of air freshener did you buy? Did it fit over the vent or plug into the wall?im thinkingof just taking one with us in case our room smells slightly musty. I’m worried I should have picked pop century but love the vibe of CBR.

I just grabbed one of those Renuzit gel ones that you open and leave sitting on a shelf. It worked well. And I think once the AC was running the smell cleared out. Pretty sure it was the unit not the room itself.

Hey All,

Been doing a lot of research, lurking here, Touring Plans, etc..... but it's time to ask the question:

I'm going with my 3 "kids" (23, 21, and 17 at time of travel) in September. We've booked a Standard with 5th Sleeper (I assume that means a pull down in addition to the 2 queens?).

I'd like something close to a bus we will have the best shot at getting on first thing in the AM, and being close to OPR isn't a big deal; we don't have plans to eat there. Touring Plans is saying Aruba 55. Does this add up? Opinions? Better suggestions?

Hey All,

Been doing a lot of research, lurking here, Touring Plans, etc..... but it's time to ask the question:

I'm going with my 3 "kids" (23, 21, and 17 at time of travel) in September. We've booked a Standard with 5th Sleeper (I assume that means a pull down in addition to the 2 queens?).

I'd like something close to a bus we will have the best shot at getting on first thing in the AM, and being close to OPR isn't a big deal; we don't have plans to eat there. Touring Plans is saying Aruba 55. Does this add up? Opinions? Better suggestions?

We were in Aruba 54 and it was a great location. We were an easy walk to the buses, the Aruba pool, and the coke freestyle machine. OPR was a bit of a walk, but we didn't venture there much. Our first day we went, one evening we got off the bus and had a snack and walked back, and our last morning we walked there and back for breakfast. I think that was the only 3 times we were there.

Hey All,

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are great locations for what you're looking for.

We were in Aruba 54 and it was a great location. We were an easy walk to the buses, the Aruba pool, and the coke freestyle machine. OPR was a bit of a walk, but we didn't venture there much. Our first day we went, one evening we got off the bus and had a snack and walked back, and our last morning we walked there and back for breakfast. I think that was the only 3 times we were there.
Awesome!! We don't mind a little walk to the lobby/Food Cts. but will want to be close to the buses in the morning and after a long day in the parks. :)

Do they have the pull down beds? I wasn't sure since they didn't come up on TP.com

Yes they do. There's 8 in each building of Jamaica and Aruba. The touring plans room finder is extremely inaccurate when it comes to room types and amenities.

Hey All,

We were in Aruba (5505) and it was close to the bus. I would say less than 2 min walk. Refill station was very close to our room as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter