Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I love, love, love having the coke freestyle machines in each island. A short walk to drinks would make the cups much more worth spending the money. Otherwise we get drinks delivered.

Does anyone know if the freestyle machines will remain at each island when construction is complete? That would be awesome if they do!

So I have a chance to hop to AKL savannah view studio for the same cost...DVC...one kid wants to the other wants to keep the pirate rooms...I personally dont like AKL at all so Im thinking we will just stick with the pirate room plus I have a stinking suspicion who will end up on the sofa bed... ( moi )

So I have a chance to hop to AKL savannah view studio for the same cost...DVC...one kid wants to the other wants to keep the pirate rooms...I personally dont like AKL at all so Im thinking we will just stick with the pirate room plus I have a stinking suspicion who will end up on the sofa bed... ( moi )
What is it you don't like about AKL? Thanks!

What is it you don't like about AKL? Thanks!
this is just my personal opinion..I think the pool is far too small for the resort...the pool slides suck compared to CBR. The interior is too dark and dingy to me..the rooms are dark and depressing and I honestly feel its badly in need of a refurb. Last year we checked out of CBR and into AKL savannah room for a split stay and I honestly felt like I was downgrading...the room felt ancient and worn. After one day the savannah room was no longer a novelty and no one went out on the balcony. CBR just had a prettier and more relaxing vibe to it for me. Plus I dont care what ppl said I could smell animal poo...mabey Im just too sensitive.

this is just my personal opinion..I think the pool is far too small for the resort...the pool slides suck compared to CBR. The interior is too dark and dingy to me..the rooms are dark and depressing and I honestly feel its badly in need of a refurb. Last year we checked out of CBR and into AKL savannah room for a split stay and I honestly felt like I was downgrading...the room felt ancient and worn. After one day the savannah room was no longer a novelty and no one went out on the balcony. CBR just had a prettier and more relaxing vibe to it for me. Plus I dont care what ppl said I could smell animal poo...mabey Im just too sensitive.
Wow!! That's extremely helpful! Thank you so much!

Wow!! That's extremely helpful! Thank you so much!
Please dont let it put you off trying it...as I said its just mine and hubbys opinion..lots of people love it...just it wasnt for us..we were very disappointed. Especially what we payed per night we honestly did not feel like we had gone from Mod to Deluxe. I did write and complain which is not like me and they refunded me a nights stay saying that it was indeed due for a refurb and apologised but as far as I know they have not yet started any kind of refurb to date. Another thing annoyed me...when ppl checked out of their rooms they allowed them to sleep all over the foyer..every day it was filled with suitcases and sleeping people laying there waiting for the magical express to pick them up. Not something that could be helped I guess but there was constantly no where to sit from the sleeping people sprawled out on the couches...nope...just nope. I will stick with my beloved CBR...refurb and all its still a better choice for us.

Please dont let it put you off trying it...as I said its just mine and hubbys opinion..lots of people love it...just it wasnt for us..we were very disappointed. Especially what we payed per night we honestly did not feel like we had gone from Mod to Deluxe. I did write and complain which is not like me and they refunded me a nights stay saying that it was indeed due for a refurb and apologised but as far as I know they have not yet started any kind of refurb to date. Another thing annoyed me...when ppl checked out of their rooms they allowed them to sleep all over the foyer..every day it was filled with suitcases and sleeping people laying there waiting for the magical express to pick them up. Not something that could be helped I guess but there was constantly no where to sit from the sleeping people sprawled out on the couches...nope...just nope. I will stick with my beloved CBR...refurb and all its still a better choice for us.
Well, I had wondered about quite a few of those things already. I love animals, but I wondered if it really was worth the cost & cutting off a few days there to be able to afford it. And I also have a sensitive nose & would catch any smells. LOL! We absolutely LOVE CBR, so having your input really makes the decision to keep our Free Dining at CBR easy. Thanks again for helping us decide!!

We were there for 10 days and had park hopper passes. Oh well. Live and learn. ...and you're right about the room price. My hubby is telling me we negotiated a great room rate plus we received the $75 per day credit. I'm going to stop second guessing things and be happy with what we got. Besides, we all had SO much fun! Can't wait to return.
if the $75 is the gift card in compensation for the construction and you booked by march 19? 2017 you can still apply the enchanted room discount that came out the same day as the "free" dining. as long as you keep the same conf. # (you can't change from room only to package or vise versa) disney doesn't allow "double dipping" but this isn't cause the $75 is not a discount; it's a compensation

if the $75 is the gift card in compensation for the construction and you booked by march 19? 2017 you can still apply the enchanted room discount that came out the same day as the "free" dining. as long as you keep the same conf. # (you can't change from room only to package or vise versa) disney doesn't allow "double dipping" but this isn't cause the $75 is not a discount; it's a compensation

Correct the GC compensation is separate from hotel deals. We had play stay dine on top of the GC

Will the construction on the restaurants and shopping be done by 6/30/18? Thinking about changing my ressie from AOA to CBR.

Thanks,

What IS the projected finish time for the construction (CBR internal construction, not Riveria)?
I looked through the first page posts and cannot really find anything.
We are going 24 November - 2 December...what should we expect?

It's true.i got the GC offer when I booked Mar 2017. I had to change (several times...lol). Anyways, was able to get Enchanted room discount, which saved a tone of money and keep my GC offer.

What IS the projected finish time for the construction (CBR internal construction, not Riveria)
I looked through the first page posts and cannot really find anything.
We are going 24 November - 2 December...what should we expect?

From post #1.

posted by @dansdad on 1/31/18>:(mickeystoontown I have received confirmation that they are behind schedule and now the new dining, shopping and pool bar will not be completed until some time in December 2018.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter